USH vs. USO - WWYD?

ScooterScott44

DIS Veteran
Looking for some quick answers from folks who have experience with both parks.

I’ll be very near Universal Hollywood for work soon. The family will be joining to visit SIL that lives in the LA area. We live in Orlando so have been to all the parks here (WDW, Universal, Sea World) including AP to at least one every year. Is there enough different things or differences at the Hollywood park to justify going?

Things weighing in so far-
- Studio tour - appears to be the one key difference so a plus for going
- There is the top chef food festival for a few days (don’t know anything really about that)
- There are tons of things to do in LA other than the theme park
- We have DL passes and will probably do a couple of days there after work

Looking for some info that helps sway us either way.

The studio tour has Kong and fast and furious in it. I have never been to USO to compare the 2 but Hollywood is small and has always been packed when we go.express pass is a must for me there.

I really enjoy USH. You have to go into it ready to enjoy something new. You can’t just sit around and compare.

The layout of the place is so different and so interesting. The lower lot ads some level of almost mystique that’s worth feeling. It’s a working lot. That’s pretty cool.
And tickets are so low. Even passes are low. Or do it up and get the express passes for everyone. I got tickets with unlimited EP for a relative song through Costco last year. It made for a terrific day.

Looking for some quick answers from folks who have experience with both parks.

I’ll be very near Universal Hollywood for work soon. The family will be joining to visit SIL that lives in the LA area. We live in Orlando so have been to all the parks here (WDW, Universal, Sea World) including AP to at least one every year. Is there enough different things or differences at the Hollywood park to justify going?

Things weighing in so far-
- Studio tour - appears to be the one key difference so a plus for going
- There is the top chef food festival for a few days (don’t know anything really about that)
- There are tons of things to do in LA other than the theme park
- We have DL passes and will probably do a couple of days there after work

Looking for some info that helps sway us either way.

USH has the Dreamworks theater, Jurassic World, and the new Secret Life of Pets off the leash ride (opens March 27th), none of which is in Orlando.

USH is a real movie studio with a small theme park. I love seeing the backlots and the VIP Tour at USH is light years more interesting than the one at USO. It's a very fun park. Depending on when you go and crowds (and if you do VIP), you can do it in less than a full day, which leaves time in the evening for other things in LA.

The water world show there is very good. very much worth seeing

Haha I was going to say this. I don't know why, but I love this show lol. Like others said, it is a lot smaller with an interesting layout, but still fun (if it's not crowded). I use to have AP's here but it gets PACKED every weekend. The studio tour is very unique and the mummy coaster is a bit different than the Orlando version. I'd give it a shot for a day if you have the time, but I'd try to go on a weekday.

The studio tour is worth it. I love USF and think it's generally way better. But, the studio tour is totally worth it.

We only did City Walk at Universal Hollywood, but comparing to City Walk Orlando, we much preferred Orlando. Hollywood's felt like it may be bigger with the layout, but we preferred the stores and dining options at Orlando. That said, I think Antojitos is now open in Hollywood which is a much needed addition there IMO!

I thinkt here are enough differences to make it worth checking out if you are interested. As others mentioned there is Waterworld stunt show, Secret Life of Pets should be open when they reopen, Jurassic World update to their River Adventure, Dreamworks theatre in place of Shrek, plus the studio tour which should be the real highlight. the duplicate rides are some of their best too so always fun to ride like Harry Potter, Mummy, and Transformers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!