USH Weekend or Weekday?

bbangel

My friends call me the font of useless knowledge
In planning for August 2020 is there a big difference between going to Universal on a weekend (Sat/Sun) vs doing weekday (Tues/Weds)? Trying to figure out best flight and factor in the order to do DL and USH.

In August there isn't much difference. In order of busy: Sat, Tue, Sun, Wed. But it's not a big difference.

Driving will be easier on Sunday.

If you can make it the last week in August you'll have a better chance at lower crowds during the week, as just about everyone her in southern CA (including LAUSD) is now starting school the second or third week in August so you'll have less locals to contend with.

Piggybacking on this, we will be there for one day, Friday 8/29. Should we need express pass? What’s a good time to get an Uber to DLR in the late afternoon/evening?

Piggybacking on this, we will be there for one day, Friday 8/29. Should we need express pass? What’s a good time to get an Uber to DLR in the late afternoon/evening?

I can’t imagine needing express pass at Universal unless your time is really short.

We visited on 12/30 which seemed to be a very busy day. We didn’t arrive until about 11 am, did everything in the park at last once and even had time for a long lunch in Citi Walk.

We then rerode Potter, Mummy and Jurassic World 3-4 times each later in the evening.

Not sure if this would apply to August but when I went in September on a weekday, we missed quite a lot of the sets on the studio tour due to filming taking place, I expect a weekend would have been better to see those.

That's true, Benji. If there is active filming the trams avoid it. But they will get closer (and sometimes drive right into the area) on the weekends. An excellent point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!