Using apps at the parks/resorts

I hope this question isn't inappropriate or against the rules of the forum in some way. If so, please take it down and I apologize.

I am curious to hear any experiences from other gay men using Scruff, Grindr, etc. in WDW at large to meet people. I am NOT talking about random hookups. I am talking about using these apps as an easy way to find other gay Disney fans because of the ease/immediacy of a location based app and because not everyone uses these boards.

I will be making a solo trip in October and I was thinking it might be a good resource to meet gay families/singles/any Disney fans that would bring conversation to an otherwise solo endeavor.

Any insight?

If you were very specific in what you were looking for, I don't see a problem with it. However, I know when I'm in park, I am using my phone for pictures and video, not for anything else. I barely respond to texts.

My suggestion: use Kik. There is a clean Disneyland group there. Not jumpingly active, but there are people there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!