• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Using points at Aulani for a hotel room at 7 months out?

tikilyn

DIS Veteran
Am I crazy thinking there will be availability at 7 months out for the beginning of June? We will only have 183 points available and want to stay 10 to 12 nights.

Renting the hotel room will allow us to stay for 12 nights for 204 points at 17 points per night (means will have to purchase 21 one time use points). Or we could book a deluxe studio for 10 nights for 190 points (will have to purchase 7 points from MS). Is there a place where I can see when they charge 17 points or 18 points for the hotel room? I don't see it listed on the points chart.

What do you think my chances are? If we really need a microwave we could purchase a cheap one at walmart and when we leave we can donate it to goodwill and get a tax ride off with it!:lmao:

Thanks

The seven month window is usually do able for Aulani.... with a few exceptions around Christmas time and in June right before the points go up for the summer months. You didn't mention the range of dates you are thinking.

If you can have some flex with your dates and are online and ready to book that early morning right when the window opens you may have luck. The lowest point room categorys seem to go the quickest, though its hard to tell with the new "hotel room" category because its so new the trends haven't really been established yet.

Thanks we're planning to go early June as soon as the kids get out of school. We're looking at the 4th-16th for 12 nights. I did find the chart and the hotel room will run 18 pts a night. So for 12 nights for 216 points (oops still short on points!LOL). We can go for 11 nights for 198 (will need to purchase 15 points).

It's good to hear that we have a chance at the hotel room but I'm going to make a back up plan just in case. I know my luck and it isn't good at times.LOL

Thanks

Our June 5-17 stay (upcoming) was booked early on the first possible day at the 7 month window. It worked for the first week, but I had to waitlist when I called back early on the first possible day for the last 5 days. I did not "walk" the reservation as some might suggest. We are in an OV Studio. The waitlist came through pretty quick. I echo to call on the first possible day......early, and you should be good.

I attempted to make hotel room dvc reservations In feb for third week in August. I was able to get 4 of the 5 nights. I had to wait list for the missing night and just got it granted about 2 weeks ago. For the time period you are looking for, it may be tricky to get all of those nights. Mine was 6 months out, but I only needed 5 nights.

From what I've read around here it seems that early June is pretty hard to get because the points are lower than later in the month. You'll definitely want to be ready to book online promptly at 8:00 am on your 7 month window.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter