Using tickets before start of package

BlueHippo

Earning My Ears
We have a 7 night package booked. We are thinking we might make it an extra long trip and head down a week earlier. We want to spend one day at HS before heading on a beach/offsite trip for 5 days(my son will be turning 13 during the beach portion and he wants to get in one last jedi training!) and then heading back to WDW after the beach. When I called, they said we could use our tickets from the package early like that... but we wouldn't be able to request that until we get down there. Obvious disadvantage would be no prebooked fastpasses for that day... I think I'm ok with that since our focus will be jedi training and ROTR. Has anyone had any experience with this? Any issues or tips if you did (besides fastpasses)?

I think you received incorrect information. Tickets attached to a package are date-based and will start the day of check-in. What length of tickets are you interested in? You also need to be aware of expiration dates on the tickets if you start that far in advance, the tickets may not be good for the length of your WDW stay. I would consider booking a room-only (or room/dining package if you want dining) and then purchasing your tickets separately with either a start date of the day you want to go to DHS or, if those tickets would expire prior to the end of your WDW reservation, the flexible date tickets might be the way to go.

I think you received incorrect information. Tickets attached to a package are date-based and will start the day of check-in. What length of tickets are you interested in? You also need to be aware of expiration dates on the tickets if you start that far in advance, the tickets may not be good for the length of your WDW stay. I would consider booking a room-only (or room/dining package if you want dining) and then purchasing your tickets separately with either a start date of the day you want to go to DHS or, if those tickets would expire prior to the end of your WDW reservation, the flexible date tickets might be the way to go.
Thanks. I was worried we might have gotten bad info. I purchased 10 days of tickets. My HS day is exactly 13 days before my last park day. Have to have package tied to my longer week long trip because we have the recovery free dining deal from a cancelled trip.

A week early? I would not count on that. I have read sporadic reports that folks were able to activate package tickets a day early, but nothing even close to a week early. If they do allow it, be prepared to pay any difference in price that may be required for the earlier start date. I'd crunch the numbers and see what it would do to your costs to just buy a 1-day ticket and drop some of the extra days on the 10-day package ticket.

Enjoy your vacation!

We have an 8 day FD package starting July 6. We have 2 night room only July 4-6. I emailed a Disney and received a reply that we could activate the tickets in July 4 but that we wouldn’t be able to book advance FP

From what I heard, they sometimes make allowances one or two days before. The only time I've heard of them allowing that kind of a longer spread between first use and resuming use is where you have a Disney cruise in the middle and book your tickets through Disney cruise line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter