UT tickets and linking for 60 day FP+ and Magical Express

ewasilau

Mouseketeer
If I buy our 8 day park hopper plus tickets from UT, we save about $250. Not a ton, but it helps. From what I've read on the boards, I should get my tickets early, be able to link them to MDE, and then I will be able to use them to book FP+ 60 days in advance of our first night in our WDW resort, since we are staying onsite.

Will I be able to use the Magical Express from the airport to WDW? I think it's only available with a ticket and resort package, and I would only have a resort reservation. Is it a package once I link the tickets? Or do I need to find transportation if I book the tickets separately through UT?

Thanks!

Magical Express is not a package perk, it is for all guests staying at the Disney owned resorts - so room only reservations get ME as well. If you haven't yet, do a dummy booking for a room only reservation and you'll see a step to add ME to it. If you already have the room reservation you should be able to "change reservation" on the website and the ME option will show there (that way you can add it after booking if you aren't settled on flights yet)

You can find the list of Disney owned resorts that participate in ME (and other FAQ) here:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/magical-express/
Currently it shows these resorts -
"
Complimentary transportation to and from Orlando International Airport is provided for Guests staying at the following Resort hotels:

Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort
Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village
Disney’s Beach Club Resort
Disney’s Beach Club Villas
Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
The Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Disney’s Old Key West Resort
Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
Disney’s Pop Century Resort
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
Disney’s Riviera Resort
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Disney’s Yacht Club Resort "

If I buy our 8 day park hopper plus tickets from UT, we save about $250. Not a ton, but it helps. From what I've read on the boards, I should get my tickets early, be able to link them to MDE, and then I will be able to use them to book FP+ 60 days in advance of our first night in our WDW resort, since we are staying onsite.

Yes UT tickets can be used to get FP's at 60 days. Most authorized third party ticket re sellers allow 60 day FP's. LMT is currently the only one I know of that only allows 30 day FP's as you don't get them until the 30 day mark.

Will I be able to use the Magical Express from the airport to WDW? I think it's only available with a ticket and resort package, and I would only have a resort reservation. Is it a package once I link the tickets? Or do I need to find transportation if I book the tickets separately through UT?

Thanks!
As the PP said its available for any reservation at a Disney owned resort.
There is an online form to fill out but you can also call DME directly at (866) 599-0951 to book, you just need to give them your reservation number.

Thank you! Very helpful information. It seems that the only real drawback to buying UT tickets (besides having to pay for them right when you order them) is that they might be harder to cancel or get credit for in the event that WDW is still closed at the end of July. I did see one post that mentioned that their expiration date was adjusted however. For us though, we couldn't go in the fall or winter, so that might not help.

Any other drawback I'm missing? Would love to save the money if it's really that easy.

Do you have a Disney's resort reservation of any kind now?

If the tickets do a hard expire (probably around December 31) then you must rejuvenate them before you can use them. You would get an unbridged credit roughly equal to (may be less than) what you paid, towards the full price of new tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter