Vacation Experiences July 25-30 DAY 3

JC Butterfly

DIS Veteran
Saturday, July 27th Day #3 Brenda (27) & Janet (27)

9:30 Wake up by Run D-M-C Shower & eat pop-tarts

11:30 Andy, our driver from Florida Tours, arrives to take us to the TD Waterhouse. When he arrived we were taking pictures of each other by the guitar fountain outside. He came over and insisted on taking a picture of the two of us together. Then he offered to stop by the entrance gates so we could get a picture there.

Andy is originally from Ethiopia and spent several years in Minnesota so it was very interesting to learn about his life. The twenty minute ride to the arena seemed to fly by. And we felt very special getting dropped off at the front door to see NSYNC.

12:00 - 4:00 at the Arena to see NSYNC

Andy told us that he would be available to pick us up with 20 minutes notice. We called him from the cell phone as we were leaving the arena and heading over to the Mariott to be picked up. He was there within 20 minutes.

Again, we felt so special as there were hoards of people waiting for taxis to have him pull right up and call us by name as he helped us into the car.

He showed us the church st station area and pointed out many other tourist tidbits on the way back to the hotel. If I recall correctly it cost us $40 for this round-trip experience (we had a discount for mentioning we saw them on the DIS).

By now we were pretty hungry so we headed off to Margaritaville. It was about 5:00 and not too busy so we were seated right away. I ordered the most delicious Pina Colada in a souvenier glass for $10. I also had a delicious shrimp pasta dish. I don't recall what Janet ordered but I remember that she was very satisfied also.

We were anxious to see what Islands of Adventure was all about so we headed over there.

The Port of Entry reminded us of a Middle Eastern Bazzar. We wanted to start haggling the prices (we didn't). We headed off to the right side and were completely enchanted with Dr. Suess' area. We rode the Cat in the Hat and found it absoultely delightful (a bit too much spin after a full meal though!)

Everything was so colorful in this area I thought we had stepped right into one of the books! We took pictures every couple of steps and none of them do it justice.

As we entered the Lost Continent I was in heaven. This themeing was the most beautiful I have ever seen anywhere. There is a huge "Guardian" as you enter and after that everything is of Titanic proportions.

We went to see Poseidon's Adventure. We were stuck in the back of the tour group so we really couldn't hear the introduction at all. Then we were lead into the burial chamber?? Again, couldn't hear our tour guide very well, but noone seemed to be listening. We walked through a very hot corridor and weren't feeling very impressed. That is until we got to the final stage of the show. We're still trying to figure out how that happened! It was amazing, beautiful, enchanting, I can't think of enough great descriptions for it.

After that we wandered into the shop where they pound the medallions. We were both wearing NSYNC shirts so we got ripped on pretty badly. We know how to dish it back though so on with the bantering. People walked by and were listening just for fun (did I mention we had really big egos on this trip??)

We had our fortunes read by some psychics. Don't know if its true. Don't really believe in that stuff, but thought it "fit" somehow into the whole them of the vacation.

Next we wandered over to Dueling Dragons. This was our first coaster experience there and completely forgot about the locker thing. So we just went ahead and entered through the express way. The way it is designed, anyone could have come in this way and no one ever looked at our room key. Also it didn't feel very "express" as it took about 25 minutes to get up to Ice.

Once we got up there the ride attendant told us we would have to leave and stow our bags in lockers. We explained that we didn't know that and had already waited about 25 minutes. He said, "Well, it's clearly marked, sorry" and sent us off.

My bag barely fit in those tiny lockers but I wasn't about to walk all the way to the front to rent a larger one. We returned through the express line and told the attendent at Baby Swap what had happened. He let us get on the next ride and the original ride attendent just rolled his eyes at us.

The ride was very fast. So for that alone it was enjoyable. Also it is the kind of coaster where your feet get to dangle and I love that. However, the drawback is that with these I don't experience the sensation of raising from my seat (even with my hands in the air). So it was enjoyable if not exactly thrilling.

After that we strolled over to Jurassic Park and I'm so glad we did! It was about 9:00 at night and I thought the ride was particularly effective with that lighting. The only drawback was that they let our boat go too quickly after the one in front of us so we could hear/see everything they experienced before it happened to us. It made it hard to suspend our disbelief, but it was still very enjoyable.

Then we decided to head back to our room and get our swimming suits on to enjoy the pool. I love that waterslide! Felt a little silly when it is the two of us with a whole bunch of kids standing in line, but oh well.

Then we got to see the fireworks show from the pool. What an amazing view, once again! Really some of the best fireworks I have seen anywhere.

Next, we went back to the room and thought we'd unwind to a pay per view movie. When we tried to do it we were denied access. We called down to the front desk and they said they would send someone right up. I also mentioned that we still hadn't received our milk & cookies for being Loews first members. She said they were delivered and once again mentioned our old room number. When I explained we had moved she said she'd have room service bring those right up too.

It was about 10:00 when maintenance finally came (about 45 minutes after we called) and fixed the t.v. By now we weren't interested in watching a movie and we still didn't have any cookies!!!

But off to bed for the next day

Brenda

Thanks for the feedback. I wasn't sure if I should mention the NSYNC details or not. But since you asked, I'd be happy to share!

This was not a concert. This was a weekend of fundraising called "Challenge for the Children" that supports various children's charities. Tickets were about $40 and most of that price benefitted the charities.

For this first day, it was a series of Challenges for the NSYNC members JC Chasez & Justin Timberlake were on the DAZE team and Chris Kirkpatrick and Joey Fatone were on the KNIGHTS team. Lance Bass was not able to attend as he is training for his mission to space in Russia.

First they had human bowling. JC was locked into a large sphere and rolled by his teammates down an "alley" and scored a strike, yeah! DAZE get the points.

Then they had a competition where each team had to dress up in funny clothes, huge shoes, dribble a ball down the court, make a lay-up, drink a Coke and belch, then return to their teammates in a relay like fashion. Joey has quite a burp! KNIGHTS get the points.

Then they had a competition where they had to shoot 25 balls from assorted distances within 2 minutes to gain points. Justin did absolutely awesome at this! (However, Brian McKnight did a bit better, so the KNIGHTS won).

Finally there was an obstacle course that turned into this huge cheating fest on the parts of both teams. The real fun is watching celebrities interact this way with each other and with the crowd.

This entire event was to award points for the basketball competition the next day. Chris had the referees afraid of the antics he would pull (he was not afraid to dump their entire station over when points were awarded to the DAZE team in -he felt- an unfair way.

The event lasted about 2 hours and was just sooooo much fun, we were 12 rows from the court so we had a decent view.

The KNIGHTS won the skills competition and if you want to hear about the game you'll have to read my day #4 report!

Brenda

So no singing huh?

Shame as I like Brian McKnight :cool:

Did you get to finish the rest of IOA ... maybe thats in the Day 4 report.

It's hard to get airtime on most B&Ms, but here's some things you can try.

On Dueling Dragons, if you get the double-strap seat on Fire, try to keep the restraint as loose as you can. Then in the weightless camelback, you will be flying!

On the Hulk, lift your feet up during the launch and the drop after the break run.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter