Value of Who Framed Roger Rabbit Cel

TJ96

Earning My Ears
I picked up this Who Framed Roger Rabbit Cel and I am wondering if anyone has an idea of its value. It seems like these can go for a few hundred, but given the subject matter of this piece I could imagine it going for over a $1000. Is it worth hanging on to as an investment piece?

2zdvlds.jpg

wcmmpi.jpg

I picked up this Who Framed Roger Rabbit Cel and I am wondering if anyone has an idea of its value. It seems like these can go for a few hundred, but given the subject matter of this piece I could imagine it going for over a $1000. Is it worth hanging on to as an investment piece?

2zdvlds.jpg

wcmmpi.jpg

Cels are a weird thing. They can go up or down randomly. Prices can also vary on a lot on specific factors. Do you have a certificate of authenticity? While everything seems legit it helps to have it. Also the frame and matting dont seem to be the best (i could be wrong). Normally this wouldnt be a big deal but with some art (especially cels) it can degrade or damage the art. If you do decide to keep it I would look into making sure the glass and the matting are the correct type for cels, and to try and get that certificate if possible.

I used to collect artwork and Cels a while back and found that sometimes flipping them I had great success or terrible failures. Cels can sometimes take a long long time to sell. Even for ones that have a fairly large following (like the one you have). Another is getting the right framing and matting and glass type can sometimes cost you more for all that then the cel is actually worth. I had a few Mickey Mouse cels that I ended up buying for $200 a piece but flipping later on for $750 a piece. But when I added up a little over $325 each for framing and matting and what not, then the fact that I had to wait for the market to be good (1 1/2 years about) it ended up really not being worth it. Meanwhile I have had a few batman cels that cost me around $600 total and I sold when the Dark Knight came out for $1,500. With a percentage of that going to the auction house I made a hefty sum.

I'd just keep all this in mind when you decide.

There's one on ebay for $2700 with 14 watches. I tend to find items with many watches tend to sell at some point. GL maybe just list it at a high price and slowly decrease the price over time if you're not in rush to sell.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts