Value Resort Preferences

Zoe's Dad

Earning My Ears
Taking our first trip home next May after buying into SSR earlier this year. We will be arriving on a Saturday and want to pay cash to stay on property that first night before moving over to our resort the next day.

My question is, is there any specific value resort that would be recommended over any of the others? We aren't looking to spend much time at the resort that day (probably check in, pool hop, evening at Downtown Disney) so we aren't looking to spend a lot of $ for that night. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated! Thanks!

It depends on what you are looking for, but I myself, go for POP....it's newer than the All Stars, and I get a big kick out of the century themes....but others will say differently....look into them all, and make your choice! It's Disney, so you really can't go wrong especially if all you are looking for is a bed to sleep in!

good luck and have a magical vacation!

I've only stayed at ASmo and it wasn't bad and I enjoyed the Disney movie theming. There are plenty of folks over on the resorts board that would gladly chime in and offer many differing opinions and critiques. One thing though, the resort taxes at Pop are higher. Every penny counts! :goodvibes

We prefer the moderates - Coronado Springs is pretty nice. And the Dig Site is real cool.

But, remember, you can't pool hop until you are staying on points as a member. So you'll have to rethink your plans to pool hop while staying at a value.

When we arrive a night early, we usually opt for POP. I like the food court there and the rooms have been comfortable.

JMO~Isn't moving a pain in the neck? I like to get there, unpack and settle in. The next day get up and visit the parks. I would think that getting up on Sunday and having to move would just be a pain and a waste of time. :confused3

I would imagine that most folks that are just going to stay a night or 2 before moving would probably just live out of their bag rather than unpack and settle in. Then all you have to do is zip up those bags and get them to the car, or call the bell hop and get them to take it to the next resort for you. :teeth:

I believe it is really a matter of theming preference.

vascubaguy said:
I would imagine that most folks that are just going to stay a night or 2 before moving would probably just live out of their bag rather than unpack and settle in. Then all you have to do is zip up those bags and get them to the car, or call the bell hop and get them to take it to the next resort for you. :teeth:

that is what we do, we call bell services, they move the bags to our DVC resort and we head out. even with small children (3 & 1) i have not found this to be a hassle at all.

we spent one night at Pop last month before moving to the BWV. i admit i am officially spoiled! we had never stayed in a value and i found Pop room considerably smaller than the CSR room (moderate) we've stayed in. usually if we stay one night on cash we'll do a deluxe like the Contemporary or Poly but we had guests with us and late night arrival. the AP rate at POP was too good to pass up and we got 2 rooms.

i liked the food court too! i got some nice lo mein at 10pm!

we're spending two nights at Pop in January ($59 AP rate) before moving to a 1br at VWL.

crazywig said:
that is what we do, we call bell services, they move the bags to our DVC resort and we head out. even with small children (3 & 1) i have not found this to be a hassle at all.
we're spending two nights at Pop in January ($59 AP rate) before moving to a 1br at VWL.

WOW, I never considered using the bell service. :idea: Now I can see how it is not such a hassle. I have images of us moving all our stuff and then not have a room available yet, having to leave our bags or put them back in the car. The way you describe it, it sounds so easy...Thanks!!!

Be sure and have your bags picked up by 10:30 and they should be at your new resort by 4:00. Also, if you want them picked up as opposed to you taking them down to the baggage area, call at least an hour before you want them picked up.
We have used this system many times and never had a problem.

I would recommend All Stars Movies for an evening - as noted, the theming is the most "toned" down (relatively speaking) and we perceive it as being the quietest of the AS complex

PC is closer to DTD though if that is important to you

Have a great trip and bully for you for saving the Sat night higher points

Cheers
jaysue

I'm not sure how old the members of your party are, but my young children LOVE All Star Movies! The theming is fantastic and they always ask to stay there.
We are arriving on a Saturday and are booked for the night at All Star Sports because Movies was booked. I have read that Sports is the worst of the WDW resorts, but as far as I'm concerned anything on property is fine with me! My kids will probably like it better than OKW and not want to leave. :rotfl:

Zoe's Dad said:
.... We aren't looking to spend much time at the resort that day (probably check in, pool hop, evening at Downtown Disney) so we aren't looking to spend a lot of $ for that night....
Keep in mind you're not eligible to pool hop. Pool hopping is a DVC perk only when staying at one of the DVC resorts. You cannot pool hop the night you stay at the value resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter