Van camping

We have a conversion van with bench seating that folds down to bed. With this be fine to use at Fort Wilderness? I was not sure if there was a requirement that we have a tent or actual camper/RV.
I have seen this type of equipment. I have even see people camp in cars! You will be fine.

Absolutely fine - gotta love Van Life! The advantage is you can reserve a site in the much more reasonably priced Tent/Camper Van sites. They will assign you to either the 1500 or 2000 loops. Just an FYI, if you are staying over a weekend the 2000 loop has the reputation of being occupied by large groups of partying locals however we have only been there during the week and have not had that "joyous" experience. Can't really say if Covid has had an impact on the staycation weekend partying. Enjoy your visit!

Last edited:

Absolutely and definitely request the 1500 loop as someone states above just a great location. We like the 1400 but have a Class B Van does have small bath and kitchen and we always comment how nice the tent 1500 loop is, a tad closer to the main pool area and shares the same bathroom/shower. You will be absolutely fine camping in your van there, you'll have a blast.

Unless it is summer, then you might roast. Other than that, it is a good way to camp. Used to have a conversion van myself and used it for many a nights stay away from home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter