• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

VB question

Laurel

Earning My Ears
Going to VB for 3 nights, Nov 29-Dec 1, then to WDW for 6 nights. Have tickets for shuttle liftoff on Nov 29. DH wants to know if there is somewhere to rent a metal detector at VB? Also have oceanview rm in Inn, should I request something else to make certain we get a good viewing rm? Can't wait to sit on the balcony and watch the waves. Last trip to VB we had a 2 Bdrm unit and parking lot view, majorly disappointing.

Going to VB for 3 nights, Nov 29-Dec 1, then to WDW for 6 nights. Have tickets for shuttle liftoff on Nov 29. DH wants to know if there is somewhere to rent a metal detector at VB?

Back in July you could rent metal detectors right at the resort. Not sure how much ?

George

You can rent metal detectors at the pool. I think they were 5 dollars for DVC members.

Hi, Laurel -

We're also going to VB for 3 nights (11/29 - 12/1) and then to WDW (BWV) for 6 nights. We don't have tickets to the launch, although we hope to watch it somewhere on the beach - I've read you can view launches from the VB area. I'm sure it's not nearly as good as the view from KSC, though.

It'll be our first trip to VB, so can't answer any of your questions. Maybe we'll run into each other!

Here's a MN neighbor wishing you good luck in getting the view you want!

Carol

Carol,

We were at VB in August (8-10) and ALMOST got to see a shuttle launch from the beach. Unfortunately, lightning near the Cape postponed the launch until 5:00 PM on the 10th. We left for WDW at noon. :(

The CM's at VB alert folks to the launches and there was quite a crowd on the beach waiting for the launch that never came ( on the 9th).

You will have to let us know what the view is like from the beach. I expect it would be more spectacular when it is after dark. What time is the launch scheduled?

I hope the launch goes off as scheduled for you all! :)

Your only chance to seeing the waves from your balcony is from a 4th floor (top floor) room, and even then you'll only see waves at very low tide. The beach is far too narrow and the barrier of dune/bushes blocks the view of the beach.

Last year my son got a metal detector from the recreation window - no charge.

Hi, Paul -

Thanks for your post. Sorry your family missed seeing the launch.

The launch on 11/29 is currently scheduled for 8 PM. I'm hoping that a night launch will be easier to see from the beach.

Now all we really have to do is hope is that the launch goes on schedule! We'll just add that to our prayers for good weather.

Carol

Laurel - Forgot to mention that my father grew up in Eveleth, MN. Have fond memories of many summer vacations "on the range". If you run into four adults with two cute kids (my nephews, ages 5 & 1), say hello, OK?

We were in room 2316 with an ocean view. We were really overlooking the pool and saw a sliver of the ocean. However, we were right next to a corner room which had an ocean view, but I'm not sure of the room number.

Carol, It's a small world afterall!!!!! Will definately keep a look-out for 4 adults and 2 cute kids. Hope your trip is everything you are dreaming of. I wrote you a private message, but not sure how this works as am new to this site. Actually, never participated in a discussion boad before, but am very glad I found this sight as it is so informative. Hope to see you there! Laurel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter