Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurant/Dining Help Thread

Hi Guys!

I am not 100% plant based, but I do not eat meat and I am mostly dairy free. I'm looking at the menus for some of the resorts I'll be at and the parks, most of them only have one plant based option....are there more options in person than what I'm seeing online?!

Hi Guys!

I am not 100% plant based, but I do not eat meat and I am mostly dairy free. I'm looking at the menus for some of the resorts I'll be at and the parks, most of them only have one plant based option....are there more options in person than what I'm seeing online?!

Can’t speak to the resorts. QS is mostly one thing, yes. Docking Bay 7 has multiple items. The kids meal edible dirt dish can be made vegan by ordering it without the ranch sauce in person- can’t do it on the app. The pizza places don’t advertise it but they do have vegan cheese. It’s not labeled as such- you have to go into the allergy menu to find it, it’s labeled as dairy free cheese pizza. Some quick service ice cream places are supposed to have off-menu Rice Dream and Toffuti ice cream but none of them are open right now (Plaza, Hollywood Scoops). Sci-fi has Toffuti. I don’t know if the ice cream places that are open have added vegan options; the only info I could find was pre-covid. None of it is advertised. I became vegan in April, been to Disney since but haven’t gone hunting for vegan ice cream.

Table service may be able to do something off-menu though many menus are limited right now, at qs and ts.

Vegan snacks found everywhere (though none of it it healthy): any flavor dole whip w/o vanilla, pretzels without the cheese sauce, fries (possible shared frier at times unless ask for allergy fries), frozen fruit bars at ice cream carts (strawberry I think) and popcorn. Each park (except for Epcot maybe) has one place that sells whole (ridiculously over priced) fruit as well.

I’m with you- there should be more options. There should also be more healthy options. You shouldn’t have to go to a sit down to get (vegan) whole foods without a ton of sugars, salts, and oils in them. Many of the vegan options are meat-imitations, which are fine once in awhile and better than meat, but still not healthy. Universal is even worse though. Many places have no option at all and over half the places that have an option, that option is either a Beyond Burger or Gardein chik’n.

Anybody know if any of the Halloween stuff is vegan? Nothing in the blog post was marked as such so I don’t have high hopes. I can’t figure out how to comment on the blogs either, so I can ask. I’ve done it in the past but now I don’t see a comment box or log in option anywhere. Wondering how others are leaving comments!

Anybody know if any of the Halloween stuff is vegan? Nothing in the blog post was marked as such so I don’t have high hopes. I can’t figure out how to comment on the blogs either, so I can ask. I’ve done it in the past but now I don’t see a comment box or log in option anywhere. Wondering how others are leaving comments!
I think the only vegan item is The Headless Horseman Rides Again at the Sunshine Tree Terrace at MK.

Hi what would be the best restaurant that serves vegan food for celebrating an anniversary?

if you are looking for elegant and money is not an issue, I’ve read good things about California Grill.You can find reviews on Disney vegan food sites.

Anyone gotten the Takodana veggie dippers youngling meal? I’ve read that the thing that makes it not vegan is ranch sauce and you can just ask for it to be left off. Anyone know if that is correct and it truly is left off and not removed off a pre-made tray and thrown out? That wouln’t be vegan. :)

You’d think something advertised as a fresh veggie meal would be vegan as is.

if you are looking for elegant and money is not an issue, I’ve read good things about California Grill.You can find reviews on Disney vegan food sites.

Anyone gotten the Takodana veggie dippers youngling meal? I’ve read that the thing that makes it not vegan is ranch sauce and you can just ask for it to be left off. Anyone know if that is correct and it truly is left off and not removed off a pre-made tray and thrown out? That wouln’t be vegan. :)

You’d think something advertised as a fresh veggie meal would be vegan as is.
Great! thanks very much. :-)

I had the pita today at Sunshine Seasons. It was good but it comes in a wasteful single use plastic container. I thought Disney had switched food to paper. I remember reading about that on the blog, that all food items would be served on ecofriendly dishes. It was a very unpleasant surprise and ironic that it’s in the same building with a film about how we all need to do our part to help the earth. The vegan tzatziki sauce came in its own tiny plastic container with a plastic lid. Turns out it’s coconut based (yuck). I will be emailing Disney about this.

Also tried the sorbet in France- that is very good as well and just what was needed in the heat today. They only had two flavors though.

Edit- Forgot to say there is no vegan ice cream at MK right now. :( I inquired at Storybook Treats. It’s only at The Plaza and they’re closed.

Last edited:
Today I decided to Plan for vegan and Xmas-NYE option because ADRs and quick service at resorts seem to have limited choices.
Today Disney Springs I walked into Amorettes Pattiserie and was surprised to discover Roasted Vegetable Croissant and that multi grain croissant looked really good. Plus Banana Nutella Crepe and Strawberries and cream crepe . And they have 3(I think) tables four 4 inside! They also have a dessert called The Child ...
Also smelled heavenly waffles being made as I walked past Vivaldi I’l Gelato with sign said made fresh all day long.
Anyway I plan to keep searching over next month as I wander around the resort and will keep posting .

Last edited:
If you haven't tried the Revolutionary Meatloaf at Liberty Tree Tavern, it's one of the best vegan meals I've ever had.
Is this option still available since they have made changes?
I have been craving meatloaf and even bought a frozen one at grocery.

I just found their menu online . It is the All You Care to Enjoy Plant based Tavern Keepers Feast and includes Declaration Salad and Johnny Appleseed’s Warm Apple Cake with caramel and whipped topping
Adult 39 Child 21

Last edited:
Is Chef TJ still at Cape May or has he gone to a different restaurant?
Thanks, Tony

Tony, he is still at Beach Club but has been seen at Martha's Vineyard, which is now serving a limited dinner menu from 4:00-10:00 PM.

I had the kids veggie dippers meal at Docking Bay 7. I had read on one of the vegan Disney sites that it is vegan except for the ranch dressing served on the side. I spoke with a cm who at first just said it’s not vegan, but I mentioned what I’d read and he read over the ingredients. He was surprised to find that it is in fact vegan except for the ranch. Why it isn’t labeled as plant-based sans ranch on the menu is beyond me. They can give people ranch upon request instead of having it listed as a non-plant meal. Anyways, it was very good! I’d never had edible soil before. I want to make some! I used mobile order but the cm took down my order # to tell the kitchen to leave off the ranch.

Off-topic, why can’t the cucumbers I buy taste as good as the ones at Disney and Universal? :( I am new to the cucumber party. What I get at home doesn’t taste nearly as good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter