Venture outside your comfort zone: the rewards are worth it! KSellers88’s Journal (Comments Welcome)

Teach me your ways...
(I am actually headed to ULTA this weekend on the lookout for a better concealer!)

It is actually Younique concealer. I am not a big makeup person, but it seriously did not budge during either run! I use their mascara too and didn't have any issues, just had to remind myself not to rub my eyes and become a raccoon. LOL.

Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend Recap: Part Two

The moment you have all been waiting for…Princess Half recap! (LOL, not really but here it is anyway!)

Sunday morning at 2:15 arrived super quickly and I made the mistake of turning off my alarm and “resting my eyes for a bit”. Luckily I woke up at 2:40 in a panic, got dressed, ate breakfast, drank my water, gathered up my junk and headed for the monorail around 3:05. We arrived at Epcot around 3:25 and I headed for the porta potties by gear check (was not making that mistake again).

I ran into a hilarious older guy who was asking about how to get to the corrals and ended up helping him get his blonde wig and headband on. LOL. I started the walk to the corrals around 4:10 and decided to hang out in corral B until around 4:45 when I headed back to the porta potty just to be safe.

Based on my Garmin data, I crossed the start line at 5:34 AM. I was in the second wave to start after the wheelchair athletes. I did not experience any pushing or shoving to get to the front of corral B, but I am also pretty good at avoiding that type of drama.

The first two miles went by smoothly and quickly with no character stops, but the marching band was out and I love that part right at the beginning. I stopped for the Princes character stop during mile 3 and a bathroom break (I seriously need to get it together when it comes to hydration issues, LOL). Mile 4 was another quick mile through the TTC and into Magic Kingdom where I did not stop for any pictures.

Miles 5 and 6 I stopped for A LOT of pictures…Gaston and Belle, Evil Stepsisters/Stepmother, Castle picture, Woody, and Cinderella/Prince Charming and Aurora/Prince Philip. I blinked and we were out of the Magic Kingdom headed back to Epcot!
6F015316-.jpg
The last characters I stopped for were the Pirates and then I tried to pick up the pace and make up some time since I was supposed to be running this at LR pace (9:10). I know that I stopped and rested a lot waiting for pictures, but my splits during the last six miles of this race made me feel extremely strong so I am interested to see how my next few races go!
IMG_3243.jpg IMG_3023.jpg
Running through Epcot was short lived and the next thing I knew I was running past that choir and headed for the finish chute. When I saw the finish line I got SO excited, because Prince Mickey and Princess Minnie were still out! I am not sure how but I ended up basically alone through the finish, to where I was able to hear the announcers say my full name and where I was from, which has never happened before. I also got to make the choice on whose hand I was going to give a high five crossing the finish…and OF COURSE I chose Minnie! This is Princess Half weekend, sorry Mickey! LOL.
IMG_2987.jpg
Finish time was 2:09:31. My mile splits were 9:15, 9:15, 12:05 (Princes and potty), 9:09, 10:46 (Gaston/Belle), 12:39 (castle and three character stops), 10:11, 9:09, 9:09, 9:36 (Pirates), 8:56, 8:45 and 8:39.
IMG_3471.jpg
This race was so much fun and we enjoyed a wonderful 6 days after the race at all of the parks, eating all of the snacks and riding all of the rides!
IMG_2945.jpg IMG_3596.jpg IMG_3320.jpg IMG_3234.jpg
I think I’ve decided to do Wine and Dine this year as well since I bought an AP and I am not sure when I’ll be back to runDisney over the next few years. There are a lot of other races I am interested in traveling for, so runDisney may not be feasible until the next anniversary weekends.

Up next…back to the real world and training!

Attachments

• IMG_2986.jpg
    IMG_2986.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 3

Congratulations on a great race weekend! Your pictures are amazing. Love! Love! Love that finish line photo. Just fantastic. All your other pictures for the week look great as well. Especially love the castle shot with the Rose Gold ears and all your medals.

Your finish line picture with Minnie should be a runDisney advertisement! Such a great picture! (Just like all of your other pictures)

Congrats on a great race weekend!

Congratulations on a great race weekend! Your pictures are amazing. Love! Love! Love that finish line photo. Just fantastic. All your other pictures for the week look great as well. Especially love the castle shot with the Rose Gold ears and all your medals.

Thank you so much! I am obsessed with matching and love that my outfit coordinates with Minnie's.

Your finish line picture with Minnie should be a runDisney advertisement! Such a great picture! (Just like all of your other pictures)

Congrats on a great race weekend!

Thank you! That is too sweet!

Awesome re-cap! I just got the shirt Run all the Miles Eat all the Pizza for my race this month!

Thanks! OMG, twins! I got that one too! Pizza is my go-to carb loading meal (I think we've discussed this before, LOL).

Thanks! OMG, twins! I got that one too! Pizza is my go-to carb loading meal (I think we've discussed this before, LOL).
Hahaha, I am sure we have! The race I am running is in Carlsbad, CA and the place supplying the after race beers is called Pizza Port and they have THE BEST PIZZA, so it was fitting because I am in fact gonna run all the miles and eat all the pizza.

Hahaha, I am sure we have! The race I am running is in Carlsbad, CA and the place supplying the after race beers is called Pizza Port and they have THE BEST PIZZA, so it was fitting because I am in fact gonna run all the miles and eat all the pizza.

OMG, that is awesome! The half I ran in January had pizza at the finish line and it was better than any medal I've ever received.

Back to Our Regularly Scheduled training...
Programming.jpg

I’ve got a lot of catching up to do on my training log! Luckily I only had two runs scheduled while at Disney so I am not that far behind. I also forgot to mention that the Princess Half was my February half marathon! Two down, ten to go! #12halfmarathonsin12months

I am happy to say I only missed one scheduled run while at Disney, and it was actually the run scheduled for the day we returned home!

So what else happened?
Thursday, 2/22 – I was still recovering from my sinus infection, so this run did not go as planned. I was supposed to do a 2 mile warm up, 2x2 miles at T pace (7:54), and a 1 mile cool down. I did a 1 mile warm up, 2 miles at 8:02 and 8:09, rest, 2 miles at 8:18 and 8:22 and a 1 mile cool down. My body just didn’t have energy for the 7:54 paces.

Friday, 2/23 – Travel Day!

Saturday, 2/24 – Enchanted 10K

Sunday, 2/25 – Princess Half

Monday, 2/26 – Rest Day!

Tuesday, 2/27 – 5 miles at 9:20 pace in a big circle around BLT and the Contemporary. Actual footage of me below running this route!
3POyupA.gif

Wednesday, 2/28 – Rest Day!

Thursday, 3/1 – 5 miles at an unknown pace because I forgot to charge my Garmin and it died. I ran the same route as Tuesday though, so I know I at least got the miles in.

Friday, 3/2 – Rest Day!

Saturday, 3/3 – Missed this run due to driving back home and having to go to the grocery store upon arrival home. I should have done it before we left Orlando, but sleep won.

Sunday, 3/4 – 10 miles at a 9:17 pace. This was supposed to be at a 9:10 pace, but all those bad eating habits at Disney caught up to me.

Monday, 3/5 – 5 miles at 9:56 pace.

Tuesday, 3/6 – This workout scared me. Seeing that I pace on my schedule (7:15!) was absolutely terrifying, but I hit all 10 intervals! I did a two mile warm up at 10:17, 10x 2 minutes at 7:15 with a two minute recovery, and two mile cool down at 10:34. My 10 two minute repeat average paces were: 7:14, 7:05, 7:12, 7:08, 7:07, 7:12, 7:14, 7:08, 7:09, and 7:11. The coolest thing to me was that I covered exactly .28 miles in each and every two minute repeat. My OCD self loves that consistency!

Kudos to you if you have read this far, LOL. I can’t seem to control my rambling. Below is what is coming up for this next week of training!
stop%20listening%20to%20you%20jim%20parsons%20big%20bang%20theory%20sheldon.gif

Upcoming Schedule:
Th- 2 mile WU + 4 miles @ Tempo (8:04) + 2 mile CD
F – 6 miles @ EA (10:12)
Sa – 9 miles @ EB (9:31)
Su – 12 miles @ LR (9:10)
M – 5 miles @ EA (10:12)
Tu – 2 mile WU + 4x3 min. @ I (7:15) w/2 min. RI + 2 mile CD

Back to Our Regularly Scheduled training...
Programming.jpg

I’ve got a lot of catching up to do on my training log! Luckily I only had two runs scheduled while at Disney so I am not that far behind. I also forgot to mention that the Princess Half was my February half marathon! Two down, ten to go! #12halfmarathonsin12months

I am happy to say I only missed one scheduled run while at Disney, and it was actually the run scheduled for the day we returned home!

So what else happened?
Thursday, 2/22 – I was still recovering from my sinus infection, so this run did not go as planned. I was supposed to do a 2 mile warm up, 2x2 miles at T pace (7:54), and a 1 mile cool down. I did a 1 mile warm up, 2 miles at 8:02 and 8:09, rest, 2 miles at 8:18 and 8:22 and a 1 mile cool down. My body just didn’t have energy for the 7:54 paces.

Friday, 2/23 – Travel Day!

Saturday, 2/24 – Enchanted 10K

Sunday, 2/25 – Princess Half

Monday, 2/26 – Rest Day!

Tuesday, 2/27 – 5 miles at 9:20 pace in a big circle around BLT and the Contemporary. Actual footage of me below running this route!
3POyupA.gif

Wednesday, 2/28 – Rest Day!

Thursday, 3/1 – 5 miles at an unknown pace because I forgot to charge my Garmin and it died. I ran the same route as Tuesday though, so I know I at least got the miles in.

Friday, 3/2 – Rest Day!

Saturday, 3/3 – Missed this run due to driving back home and having to go to the grocery store upon arrival home. I should have done it before we left Orlando, but sleep won.

Sunday, 3/4 – 10 miles at a 9:17 pace. This was supposed to be at a 9:10 pace, but all those bad eating habits at Disney caught up to me.

Monday, 3/5 – 5 miles at 9:56 pace.

Tuesday, 3/6 – This workout scared me. Seeing that I pace on my schedule (7:15!) was absolutely terrifying, but I hit all 10 intervals! I did a two mile warm up at 10:17, 10x 2 minutes at 7:15 with a two minute recovery, and two mile cool down at 10:34. My 10 two minute repeat average paces were: 7:14, 7:05, 7:12, 7:08, 7:07, 7:12, 7:14, 7:08, 7:09, and 7:11. The coolest thing to me was that I covered exactly .28 miles in each and every two minute repeat. My OCD self loves that consistency!

Kudos to you if you have read this far, LOL. I can’t seem to control my rambling. Below is what is coming up for this next week of training!
stop%20listening%20to%20you%20jim%20parsons%20big%20bang%20theory%20sheldon.gif

Upcoming Schedule:
Th- 2 mile WU + 4 miles @ Tempo (8:04) + 2 mile CD
F – 6 miles @ EA (10:12)
Sa – 9 miles @ EB (9:31)
Su – 12 miles @ LR (9:10)
M – 5 miles @ EA (10:12)
Tu – 2 mile WU + 4x3 min. @ I (7:15) w/2 min. RI + 2 mile CD

Well done on the "I" paced runs. Single hardest run in the repertoire of the endurance runner (per Daniels). The real challenge will come from all the time spent after a 2 min I pace. So, the 2 min gets you up to VO2max. The 3rd, 4th, or 5th minute is holding for 1, 2, or 3 min AT VO2max. That's where the challenge lies. You should find that the effort dramatically increases after 2 min of I pace. So it looks like you'll be ready to tackle the challenge. After reviewing your plan though, please drop the 5x5 min on 4/3 to 5x4 min instead. 25 min of I is a lot of time and it looks like I made a mistake in jump from 3 to 5 without hitting 4 first.

Well done on the "I" paced runs. Single hardest run in the repertoire of the endurance runner (per Daniels). The real challenge will come from all the time spent after a 2 min I pace. So, the 2 min gets you up to VO2max. The 3rd, 4th, or 5th minute is holding for 1, 2, or 3 min AT VO2max. That's where the challenge lies. You should find that the effort dramatically increases after 2 min of I pace. So it looks like you'll be ready to tackle the challenge. After reviewing your plan though, please drop the 5x5 min on 4/3 to 5x4 min instead. 25 min of I is a lot of time and it looks like I made a mistake in jump from 3 to 5 without hitting 4 first.

Thank you! I felt surprisingly good afterward, so hopefully I can handle the additional minutes. I'm definitely going to give it my best shot! I will make that change now. :thumbsup2

Your training is so impressive! Forgive me for not going back and reading, but having you always been this fast? Have you been running long? I have long term goals but they seem so far out of reach! I do feel strong for this next A race so far. We shall see!

Your training is so impressive! Forgive me for not going back and reading, but having you always been this fast? Have you been running long? I have long term goals but they seem so far out of reach! I do feel strong for this next A race so far. We shall see!

LOL! Thanks! I totally understand and don't mind at all! I have been running for about 2.5 years. My high school didn't have a track team, but I played softball and basketball and ran for those. I ran my first half in March of 2016 in 2:00:21. I've been able to speed up for shorter runs, mainly 5Ks, but I always struggle with longer ones to keep those paces. For me it is way more mental than physical. I am pretty sure my body could handle it, but I freak myself out when I am running that fast for a longer period. So I feel the same as you, Billy will tell me what times I am capable of for a half and full and I just think there is no way but we will see what happens next month. When I first started I ran every run as fast as I could, but now I see the benefits of slowing down and recovering. I am sure you are going to do great! Just stick with it and try to defeat that mental game, and if you have any tips on how to beat it let me know!

LOL! Thanks! I totally understand and don't mind at all! I have been running for about 2.5 years. My high school didn't have a track team, but I played softball and basketball and ran for those. I ran my first half in March of 2016 in 2:00:21. I've been able to speed up for shorter runs, mainly 5Ks, but I always struggle with longer ones to keep those paces. For me it is way more mental than physical. I am pretty sure my body could handle it, but I freak myself out when I am running that fast for a longer period. So I feel the same as you, Billy will tell me what times I am capable of for a half and full and I just think there is no way but we will see what happens next month. When I first started I ran every run as fast as I could, but now I see the benefits of slowing down and recovering. I am sure you are going to do great! Just stick with it and try to defeat that mental game, and if you have any tips on how to beat it let me know!
Your story sounds similar to many including mine (just much faster than mine,lol!) No doubt you can totally crush that HM PR you have listed! I get the mental thing and I hope I can find the answer during my next half (maybe it's just believing in ourselves and our training). I feel like marathon was a mental race and even though I didn't finish in my desired time I know I crushed it mentally! It was a lot of smiling (Billy's advice), chanting positive affirmations, and a whole lot of prayer! Pushing my comfort zone physically may be harder than the mental at this point, but hopefully they will both come together nicely!

Great job on the I pace run - and it's pretty awesome that you covered 0.28 miles in each interval :)

Also ... I love that video of your run at Contemporary/BLT :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter