VERO BEACH Information & Adoration Thread

1. The ocean is the reason WE are there! We'll be at Vero starting Monday (yaay!!) for our 7th visit, and I do agree that there are more people on the sand than in the water. I think that many who have a choice of pool vs. ocean will for some reason choose pool. There are lifeguards at the pool.
There is nothing wrong with the ocean other than personal preference, I think. We always go in summer, and the water is usually very warm and pleasantly wavy. We never go in the pool other than to rinse off the salt water ;)
2. We always rent a car from MCO or the Dolphin hotel; I don't know how we'd get to VB otherwise.
3. Sorry, my kids are too old so I don't know.
It's a wonderful resort, and we love it!
Thank you so much Carolyn! :)

Anyone have any updated menus for the resort? Can't find any on Yelp or Trip Advisor.
And (super annoying I know) what daily activities minus the pool, sports, etc are avaliable? I heard of arts and crafts and dance party at the pool?

Thank you so much Carolyn! :)

Anyone have any updated menus for the resort? Can't find any on Yelp or Trip Advisor.
And (super annoying I know) what daily activities minus the pool, sports, etc are avaliable? I heard of arts and crafts and dance party at the pool?

You're welcome!
We plan on trying Wind & Waves for dinner one night, and I'm surprised that there's not more info out there either.
For daily activities, if you're on facebook, there is an unofficial FB page that has a lot of good info, people willing to answer questions, and fun discussions. It's called Vero Beach Resort Rocks, and I know people have posted pictures of the daily activities sheets.

Thinking of heading down in August, we're not DVC members though. Had a few questions though if anyone could answer.

1. How is the ocean? I barely see anyone in the water in any pictures I have seen. Is something wrong?
2. Does anyone not rent a car? What other ways to get to and from Orlando are there?
3. ARe there any other oppertunities to meet characters other than Pirate night and Saturday breakfast?

Thanks so much!!

1. The ocean is wonderful. We have a house at the Jersey Shore, and it's hard to believe it's the same ocean. But, don't expect an blue Caribbean lagoon - it's still the Atlantic Ocean. We like to go back and forth between the ocean and the pool. You need to either rent a beach set-up, or bring your own chairs, umbrella, etc. When you rent, it's for the entire day, whether you use it all day or not. It's best to secure your rental the day before (or sooner), because they do run out of availability. And be careful of the marked turtle nests.
2. I don't think there is any way to get to Vero Beach, other than by car. And once there, you can't walk to anything outside of the resort. You really need a car.
3. There are no characters roaming around other than the character meals.

You're welcome!
We plan on trying Wind & Waves for dinner one night, and I'm surprised that there's not more info out there either.
For daily activities, if you're on facebook, there is an unofficial FB page that has a lot of good info, people willing to answer questions, and fun discussions. It's called Vero Beach Resort Rocks, and I know people have posted pictures of the daily activities sheets.

1. The ocean is wonderful. We have a house at the Jersey Shore, and it's hard to believe it's the same ocean. But, don't expect an blue Caribbean lagoon - it's still the Atlantic Ocean. We like to go back and forth between the ocean and the pool. You need to either rent a beach set-up, or bring your own chairs, umbrella, etc. When you rent, it's for the entire day, whether you use it all day or not. It's best to secure your rental the day before (or sooner), because they do run out of availability. And be careful of the marked turtle nests.
2. I don't think there is any way to get to Vero Beach, other than by car. And once there, you can't walk to anything outside of the resort. You really need a car.
3. There are no characters roaming around other than the character meals.

Thank you ladies so much for sharing! :)

I'm going to Vero in November for my honeymoon. It will be my 4th trip to the resort. All my other trips I have stayed at the inn, in an inn room. My last trip in May, the noseeums had a feast on my legs at the beach. Are they as bad in November? And any recommendations for requesting an ocean view 1br room?

Thanks!!

oreisgood, post: 57702847, member: 455919"]1. The ocean is wonderful. We have a house at the Jersey Shore, and it's hard to believe it's the same ocean. But, don't expect an blue Caribbean lagoon - it's still the Atlantic Ocean. We like to go back and forth between the ocean and the pool. You need to either rent a beach set-up, or bring your own chairs, umbrella, etc. When you rent, it's for the entire day, whether you use it all day or not. It's best to secure your rental the day before (or sooner), because they do run out of availability. And be careful of the marked turtle nests.
3. There are no characters roaming around other than the character meals.[/QUOTE]

From Jersey Shore, water is warmer but we have better waves. We rent two chairs and umbrella for length of stay. We love being able to go off the beach when ever we need to for lunch, a pool swim etc and always having our chairs and umbrella waiting for us.

I agree on the car. VB is actually in Wabasso Beach, not Vero Beach. Close to Sebastian that is where we go for shopping and dinner. Last time we where there they were updating the dining. We are looking forward to getting back and seeing the new dining options.

Characters - both visits we saw some and not at a character meal.

My little boys!

image.jpg

Can those of you who are expert at use of points and use of rooms help me out? We are planning to go to Vero next summer and trying to figure out the best way to book the rooms and minimize the amount of points. Here are the people who are going and peculiarities of our party of 12:
My family of 5 (me, DH, DS20, DD18, DD15)
My husband's sister's family (DSIL, DBIL, Niece 15, Niece 13 and Niece 9)
My mother
My mother in law
My DD18's boyfriend, who will also be 18.

From the above, there are 2 couples, 2 grandmothers, 5 girl cousins varying in age, 1 boy cousin who will be 20 and a boyfriend.

The mother's each need their own bed but can stay in the same room, so we were thinking of getting them an inn room

The girl cousins can stay together in a room or be split between parents.

I cannot seem to come up with a good solution. I am trying to avoid putting the 18 and 20 year old boys on pull-out couches and the fact that the 2 bedroom dedicated unit's 2nd bedroom has only 1 bed is not my favorite scenario. That would have worked better for us.

I want either the boyfriend or my DD18 to be in a unit with an adult (meaning a true adult--not just those that are right above 18).

We plan to cook most meals, so we need at least a 1 bedroom or greater in size. Those in garden rooms will have to come to the unit with the kitchen for meals. We want to use as few points as possible as we plan to go to Aulani the next year. We have 665 points to work with but I would prefer not to use them all. However, we also want to be comfortable on vacation. Taking a boyfriend throws a wrench into things due to making sure they are in separate units, whereas with just cousins it is a lot easier.

We have thrown around getting a 3 bedroom and an inn room, a 2 bedroom and 2 inn rooms and a 1 bedroom and 3 inn rooms.

Does anyone have any ideas? Have you had a similar situation in your family and if so, how did you choose rooms. I have never been to Vero Beach before and am not sure of layout of resort, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Can those of you who are expert at use of points and use of rooms help me out? We are planning to go to Vero next summer and trying to figure out the best way to book the rooms and minimize the amount of points. Here are the people who are going and peculiarities of our party of 12:
My mother
My mother in law

From the above, there are 2 couples, 2 grandmothers, 5 girl cousins varying in age, 1 boy cousin who will be 20 and a boyfriend.

The mother's each need their own bed but can stay in the same room, so we were thinking of getting them an inn room

I cannot seem to come up with a good solution. I am trying to avoid putting the 18 and 20 year old boys on pull-out couches and the fact that the 2 bedroom dedicated unit's 2nd bedroom has only 1 bed is not my favorite scenario. That would have worked better for us.

I want either the boyfriend or my DD18 to be in a unit with an adult (meaning a true adult--not just those that are right above 18).

We plan to cook most meals, so we need at least a 1 bedroom or greater in size. Those in garden rooms will have to come to the unit with the kitchen for meals. We want to use as few points as possible as we plan to go to Aulani the next year. We have 665 points to work with but I would prefer not to use them all. However, we also want to be comfortable on vacation. Taking a boyfriend throws a wrench into things due to making sure they are in separate units, whereas with just cousins it is a lot easier.

We have thrown around getting a 3 bedroom and an inn room, a 2 bedroom and 2 inn rooms and a 1 bedroom and 3 inn rooms.

Does anyone have any ideas? Have you had a similar situation in your family and if so, how did you choose rooms. I have never been to Vero Beach before and am not sure of layout of resort, etc.

Thanks in advance!

The 3 BR cottages are just lovely, but also very pricey. Staying in a cottage is completely different from staying anywhere else on the property. And I'm guessing that your 665 points are not all VB points, so you will be booking at the 7th month mark. I don't think you said how long your VB visit will be, but trying to get a 3 BR cottage for many consecutive days can be challenging unless you own enough VB points.

I didn't do the math, but I'm sure you have/will. I think the 1 bedroom plus 3 inn rooms will be the most cost effective. And if some decide not to go on the trip, you can always cancel inn rooms.

My mother
My mother in law

Thanks in advance!

I'd reserve a studio in Hilton Head for the boyfriend....

My mother
My mother in law

Thanks in advance!

This is what I've come up with:

Option 1
1 inn room for the MILs - 5 weekdays = 75 points
1 inn room for DS/DDBF - 75 points
1 bedroom for your family - 145 points
1 bedroom for DBIL/DSIL family - 145 points
Total = 440

OR

Option 2
1 inn room for the MILs - 75 points
1 inn room for 4 older girls - 75 points
1 bedroom for you and DH, DBIL/DSIL and youngest in living room - 145 points
Total = 370

OR

Option 3
1 inn room for the MILs - 75 points
2 bedroom for your family and DBIL/DSIL family. (You and DH in the master, 4 older girls in the attached studio leaving dbil/dsil and youngest in the living room) or (You and DH in the master, dbil/dsil and 2 girls in the studio, 3 girls in the living room) - 190 points
Total - 340

OR

Option 4
1 inn room for the MILs - 75
1 inn room for DS/DDBF. - 75
1 bedroom for DBIL/DSIL family - 145
1 bedroom for your family - 145
Total - 440

OR

Option 5
1 inn room for DBIL/DSIL and youngest - 75
2 bedroom for you, DH and 2 DD/2 nieces. This also give you the option of moving DS to your room in case DD/DDBF doesn't work out.(sofa bed) - 190
Total - 415

OR

Option 6
1 bedroom for DBIL/DSIL family - 145
2 bedroom for you, DH and 2 daughters. This also give you the option of moving DS to your room in case DD/DDBF doesn't work out. - 190
Total - 485

I think I like option 5 ....

Sounds like a special trip!

Last edited:
Has anyone been on the Sea Turtle Night Walk? :beach:

We will be at Vero Beach in July and we were thinking about doing the Night Walk.
Any information about it would be great. :thanks:

We will be at Vero Beach in July and we were thinking about doing the Night Walk.

Many in our family went on a walk and they all thought it was wonderful seeing a turtle lay eggs. Is that what you are referring to. This was 7-8 years ago. However, be prepared to fight off mosquitoes, many of them.

We've gone twice over the years and have not seen any turtles either time. It was a bit disappointing, but that's nature for you! We may try it again sometime since it does help support the Sea Turtle Conservancy. There is a nice museum you meet at and you can tour the exhibits, plus a movie and question/answer session. Then you head out to the crossover and wait until the scouts find a turtle laying. Both times we had a couple false alarms and waited until about 12:30 AM until leaving. Best to wear pants and long sleeves and bug spray because you are out there for a while. Just be aware that there are no guarantees to see a turtle.

Do you need to be a DVC member to reserve Vero Beach? The website keeps telling me they have nothing on ANY dates in July, Aug, or beginning Sep.

Do you need to be a DVC member to reserve Vero Beach? The website keeps telling me they have nothing on ANY dates in July, Aug, or beginning Sep.
They sometimes have cash nights, and you do not have to be DVC members.

Thanks for that info!
Is there a way to find out if they are available/should I try to rent points? Or something else? I'm lost here.

We are flying to Vero Beach July 15 to July 22, 2017.
If anyone is leaving beach chairs we would appreciate letting us know.
:tink:Last name is Carr.

Thank you :thanks:

When we leave we will pay it forward and leave the chairs for the next guests.

We are checking in Friday for our anniversary getaway before we head to the Poly Sunday. We are so excited to be staying at Vero! Since it's our anniversary we were looking for a fun dinner with a great happy hour Friday night. Any suggestions? We've heard Squid Lips many times, but wanted options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter