Vero Beach - Just Back

dprincessmom

dprincessmom
When the parks started closing the day before we were to leave and the need to use the points, we decided to change our Spring Break WDW trip to a Vero Beach long weekend. We had a 1 bedroom and had an amazing stay. When I was quickly researching, I had a hard time finding info in the forums, so I thought I would share my thoughts.

We aren't huge beach people and I don't know that I would ever have planned to use my points at Vero Beach but I was pleasantly surprised. As my sister said, it "felt like a WDW resort, the only thing missing was the bus to take you to the parks."

The staff and vibe of the resort were right on par with what we have come to know and love and you felt the "Disney Bubble," especially as everything was changing hour by hour due to the all the closings from the virus.

The pool was the highlight of our days. We played in the Atlantic ocean, rented Jet skis, played putt putt, did the Mickey Tye Dye t-shirts. There are a ton of additional activities to participate it. The girls spent hours in the hammocks just chilling out.

We had dinner with the pirates which was fun and a hit with the little one in our group, as we had promised characters for Spring Break. It was a fun time and helped fill the gap with the kids missing the WDW vacation they got for Christmas.

The only 2 negatives that I can comment on: One was the food selection. We had taken breakfast and snacks with us as we didn't change the grocery list when the location changed. The food is standard WDW resort food court selection and prices. BONUS discovery was a dole whip machine in the quick serve food area by the pool. Negative #2 was the incredibly small (and only) hot tub on the pool deck. My understanding after talking with CMs is that the refurb planned for later this year will include expansion of the hot tub size and count.

All things considered, we had a great time. I would likely book again if I had points or needed a break from the parks. It's a beautiful resort and I'm glad we gave it a chance.

Happy to answer any questions you may have.

My fiancee and I just did the same exact thing. We were there Sunday to Wednesday. I completely agree with everything you said, including food selection. The cast really members really were so great. This shift was last minute, but we've always been planning to go to Vero for three days to start our honeymoon, and this trip definitely confirmed that.

I had never just sat by the side of the pool or at the beach for such a long time. It's nice to give yourself permission to relax! And I felt like a kid again jumping in the ocean. Just goes to show you can make something a positive experience if you just shift attention.

And it's hard to beat this sunrise.

%xL1yhGZSpGv3A7UPsUa%Q.jpg

Our very first Vero Beach stay was supposed to be right now. We were booked April 3rd - 6th then we were going to drive over to WDW from the 6th -12th. So bummed about all this virus crap. Were gonna give it a shot next year.

Thanks for the report. It is on our list once everything returns to normal (or at least semi-normal).

When the parks started closing the day before we were to leave and the need to use the points, we decided to change our Spring Break WDW trip to a Vero Beach long weekend. We had a 1 bedroom and had an amazing stay. When I was quickly researching, I had a hard time finding info in the forums, so I thought I would share my thoughts.

We aren't huge beach people and I don't know that I would ever have planned to use my points at Vero Beach but I was pleasantly surprised. As my sister said, it "felt like a WDW resort, the only thing missing was the bus to take you to the parks."

The staff and vibe of the resort were right on par with what we have come to know and love and you felt the "Disney Bubble," especially as everything was changing hour by hour due to the all the closings from the virus.

The pool was the highlight of our days. We played in the Atlantic ocean, rented Jet skis, played putt putt, did the Mickey Tye Dye t-shirts. There are a ton of additional activities to participate it. The girls spent hours in the hammocks just chilling out.

We had dinner with the pirates which was fun and a hit with the little one in our group, as we had promised characters for Spring Break. It was a fun time and helped fill the gap with the kids missing the WDW vacation they got for Christmas.

The only 2 negatives that I can comment on: One was the food selection. We had taken breakfast and snacks with us as we didn't change the grocery list when the location changed. The food is standard WDW resort food court selection and prices. BONUS discovery was a dole whip machine in the quick serve food area by the pool. Negative #2 was the incredibly small (and only) hot tub on the pool deck. My understanding after talking with CMs is that the refurb planned for later this year will include expansion of the hot tub size and count.

All things considered, we had a great time. I would likely book again if I had points or needed a break from the parks. It's a beautiful resort and I'm glad we gave it a chance.

Happy to answer any questions you may have.
Thank you for your trip report, VB and HHI are both wonderful resorts and can't wait to go back. Glad you enjoyed.

I’ve never been to Vero Beach, how is the water? Is there a risk of alligators? That view certainly looks incredible! My kids love the beach which is why I was wondering.

Thank you for the report! I’m considering switching from WDW to Vero Beach this August to avoid the crowds at World for now.

I’ve never been to Vero Beach, how is the water? Is there a risk of alligators? That view certainly looks incredible! My kids love the beach which is why I was wondering.

We grew up on the Gulf of Mexico, so the beach is different. It's more of a shell/sandy mix but was still just as beautiful.

I didn't see any alligator warnings, but it is Florida so they could be in the area. The resort has a lush feel to it.

We grew up on the Gulf of Mexico, so the beach is different. It's more of a shell/sandy mix but was still just as beautiful.

I didn't see any alligator warnings, but it is Florida so they could be in the area. The resort has a lush feel to it.

Sounds good! Thanks for the reply :)

I wonder if the pool refurbishment is still on track for later this year or if it might get pushed back with everything going on.

We went for 3 nights right after a WDW visit, and I can't think of a better way to end a trip. It's beautiful, it's relaxing, and it definitely feels like Disney.

If you haven't had the chance, definitely check out HHI. It's been a few years since we went, but the staff was unbelievable.

Our stay almost got us to poney up for a resale contract, but it's probably worked out for the best that we decided against that.

Thank you for this! Finding it hard to find more trip reports, etc on Vero. We just changed WDW to VB 09/07.
Excited to check another "Disney thing" off of our list.
The website states Pirate Night is on Mondays, were there characters? Our daughter is 2 and want to make sure she seems someone from the gang if possible.

So glad I found this! We are heading to VB at the end of the month. This will be our first time there. We are staying in a 1BR. What did you think of the villa? Any recommendations on room location? Did you venture outside the resort?

Hi everyone. Are the tubs in the 1 and 2 bedrooms bubble tubs like the grand floridian? I can't seem to find a tour that shows if it has it or not.

Thanks!

So glad I found this! We are heading to VB at the end of the month. This will be our first time there. We are staying in a 1BR. What did you think of the villa? Any recommendations on room location? Did you venture outside the resort?
We ate at Squid Lips in Sebastian and Ocean Grill in Vero Beach. Squid Lips seating is on an outside covered pier with a relaxed old Florida vibe, it's on the inner coastal between the island and mainland we saw several dolphins and it you are taking kids they will enjoy feeding the fish off the pier but most of the food is fried (just a heads up). The food at Ocean Grill was very good, we sat in the restaurant so no view, but it is right on the ocean and they have a cute little gift shop. There are other little shops in the area to walk through if your interested in shopping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts