Vero Beach--Meals

lovetotraveltx

DIS Veteran
If you've been to Vero Beach, where did you eat? What's your favorite seafood restaurant off the premises? Is there a to die for breakfast place off the premises/and or lunch on the road back to WDW? Thank you!

If you've been to Vero Beach, where did you eat? What's your favorite seafood restaurant off the premises? Is there a to die for breakfast place off the premises/and or lunch on the road back to WDW? Thank you!

We just got back from 10 days in Florida, 9 nights. 3 of those nights we stayed at Disney's Vero Beach. My family isn't big on seafood, but we went up the road aways to the town of Sebastian (8 miles or so?) and ate at a little seafood bar/grill called Squidlips. I had one of the biggest fish sammiches ever, daughter had Mahi and shrimp with jerk seasoning. Its sort of on the water, walk out on a long dock to the building. I highly recommend. Heard good things about Captain Hirams as well, also in Sebastian.

I think the muffins they sell on property are excellent for breakfast.

The Lemon Tree is awesome for breakfast. We pit stopped there on the way to Vero from Palm Beach.
Love the Lemon Tree for breakfast or lunch...lovely surrounding area as well, lots of shops! Looking forward to stopping there on way from MCO in August, yummy!:banana:

DH and I stayed there two nights in December and found Chill and Grill to be amazing! It had the best brisket I have ever had.

DH and I stayed there two nights in December and found Chill and Grill to be amazing! It had the best brisket I have ever had.
Thanks for the recommendation! Love to hear about new places, looked up the menu, looks great! Will visit one night on our August trip!:thumbsup2

We also enjoy Riverside Café, casual seafood, usually very good. This has peaked my interest, so I was looking through our folder from pre summer '17 trip. We ate at Squid Lips, which is just ok imo, Riverside Café, and a fabulous Italian restaurant which we had eaten at a year or two before, but they had moved in '17, so at first I didn't recognize the location. Think that it was Scampi Grille.
Went to my go to reviews on Trip Advisor and there are some mediocre reviews. I unfortunately don't have the receipt in my folder. Does anyone know a really good dinner Italian restaurant that is not too pricey?:scratchin Does anyone know if Scampi Grille recently relocated locations in the last 3 years? Did a quick research on reasonably price restaurants and saw Italian Grille, which is supposedly good, casual, and reasonably priced. Thanks for your help!:thanks:

Last edited:
Just left VB a couple of days ago. Cobalt has some nice, fresh offerings for lunch (so I assume dinner, as well) and lots of seating outside on a huge patio overlooking the ocean. Our service was mediocre, though perhaps others have had a better experience. We also tried Blackfin's at Capt Hiram's, and it was solid fare, though mostly fried fish and seafood. I wanted a grilled platter but had to settle for fried--shrimp were topnotch, scallop also good, crab cake above average, but the fish was a dud. Service was okay. Finally, we went to the Gloria Estefan-branded The Wave on our last night for the paella. It was an above average rendition of the dish though it lacked the socarrat so highly prized in paella. It was $60 for a 2-person portion or $34 for a single-serving. Again, service was lacking as our water was never refilled, and we'd have bought another glass of wine had our server bothered to stop by before the end of the meal. We also dined at the Wind and Waves there at the VB resort--very good service but pedestrian food overall to be fair. In short, we didn't find any place that would warrant a return visit. With better service, we might wish to try Cobalt and The Wave again.

Was about to post this same question as this is our biggest struggle as DVC owners at Vero. I think we've tried most places in the area by now and nothing really wowed us to go back. Going with a bigger family group over Easter and hoping to find a good place. Further complication is that we prefer not to drive all the way down into town. While Uber is available there, more limited and quite the cost to go into town. Will continue the hunt!

UPDATE: I left a review of Cobalt on Open Table, and while it wasn't a damning review, I did point out the service was less than stellar. I was contacted by the director of food services there, and he made arrangements to make up for the lack of service on that one day. I was impressed with the professionalism and quickness with which he got in touch with me. Further, he asked us to let him know the next time we were in town, and he'd make sure we would have a better experience. We likely won't go back for quite a while, but I'm impressed at the effort. We would definitely go back and give Cobalt a second chance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter