• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Very impressed with Disney Transportation

Michelle NY

Earning My Ears
I just wanted to share something pretty neat. I dont know if you all remember when we went to WDW last May . I mentioned that we ran into some problems with the busing. . Some of the drivers gave us quit a hard time with Angelinas PANDA chair.(ie. not wanting to put it on the bus like a wheelchair) Anyway I had written a letter last year to let Disney know . I got 2 phone calls last year appologizing , I mentioned that we would be returning this April.. I sent them photos of her chair so that they could share them with the drivers so others traveling with this kind of chair would not have the same problems we did. I was completely amazed last Friday I got yet another phone call from the head of Transportation. He wanted to assure me that we would not have any problems on our up coming vaction. If I do he gave me phone # were to contact him. Needless to say I am very Impressed. Now lets hope we have no problems.

That is really neat! I am glad they were so responsive. What a positive step! :D :D

galc.gif

"My brain takes a vacation just to give my heart more room..."
teri@iluvdisney.com

That is pretty neat. It really sounds like they are trying. One of the problems with mobility devices that are designed to look like regular strollers is that no one recognizes that they are an essential piece of mobility equipment. Hope it all works out well.

SueM in MN
Co-Moderator of disABILITIES

What does a Panda chair look like. Never seen one that I know of.

Pooh Bear

I would love to know what this chair looks like also. When I was getting my wheelchair adjusted I was shown a childs chair that is imported from Denmark I believe and it looked like a stroller but was actually a wheelchair, it was amazing.

faeflora

It is really A great looking chair. It looks like a really deluxe stroller. It is much larger then a stroller. It will hold my daughter up to 140 pounds( she got it when she was only 20+ pounds) It is extremly adjustable. We have a stroller base for it and also a base which we use in the house. The only problem is that it does not fold. You have to take it apart.It sperates into 2 parts(both of which are quit large) I think it comes from Germany. My husband is a cabinet maker and has made a really great wood tray for the front of it. Most people have a clear plastic tray. So if you are at Disney from April 27 -May 5 and see a really beautiful little girl in a large stroller purple with dinsaurs on it it will be us!
Make sure you say hello :D

Michelle,
We will be there from April 29 to May 5 at Ft WIlderness. Short, fat redhead in a purple Jazzy power wheelchair.
Where are you staying?

Pooh Bear

My daughter with special needs can walk, but it would be much easier to keep her in the stroller. She has a brian injury, can't speak, sensory issues, etc. Do you think I could do something that would permit them me keep her in the stroller for the bus and boat transportation?

When she was a baby, I remember,the bus driver said no when she was asleep in the carriage, but now it is even more important that we realize all her issues.

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter