Video camera tips?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
For the first time, I'll be bringing a video camera to WDW with me on my next trip. What tips do people have for this not-so-great photographer? I've always only taken still pictures.

Pretty much just have it handy! You never know when something will happen at Disney. Possibly a small collapsable tripod would be nice for filming the parades and or fireworks.

I just used my camera for the first time. I almost get motion-sick watching some of it. Just remember that less is more. Try to keep the camera as steady as possible, and if you are moving/panning, then do it as slowly and steadily as possible.

If you are filming at night, make sure you read the instructions carefully so that you are able to focus in low-lighting and can use whatever settings are appropriate for low light.

I wish I'd used a tripod.

last year was my first year with a camcorder. The one tip I can say with certainty is I cannot walk and tape at the same time!

We had a PS at Cindy's before the park opened and I started taping the castle with my DD and mom walking in front of me because it looked just so cute. I was sure I was careful and not moving too much. Well, when we watched the "movie" it was like watching the pendulem on a clock. :rolleyes: The castle was swaying with my every step. This year I think I'll wait for them to be way in front of me and just use the zoom while standing still!?

Don't forget to pause it or turn it off after filming!!

I know that sounds logical, but we just returned from our first trip using the videocamera and DH left the camera on several times over the trip!!!!!:rolleyes: So in between real footage we have the ground, his footsteps as the camera was dangling over his shoulder! It's a good thing we brought alot of tape with us. Now we just have to find time to edit all the "ground" shots out.

We use a video camera every time we are down. There is so much to tape the parades and the shows you will really be glad you have it with you. One thing we learned get yourself a Monopod which looks like one leg of a tripod it allows you to stabilize your camera.
Good luck Jamie&Karen:jester:

For nighttime shots, especially Osborne Lights, Illuminations, etc. you are better off not using the standard point and shoot automatic exposure if possible. Otherwise the lights lose their color as the camera tries to make the night scene look like daylight. If your camcorder has a color viewfinder it is easiest to make manual exposure settings (if any are available), adjust so the lights look their best even if the people look too dark.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter