• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Viewing Animals at Jambo House

Camshell

Mouseketeer
We are planning on staying in a standard view at Jambo House so we won't have a view of the animals from our room.

If we want to walk around the resort and see the animals what public viewing location options are there? Can you see anywhere from inside the resort (i.e. restaurants, lobby, viewing balcony, etc.) or do you need to go outside (can you go outside to see them)?

Also is there a walking path/trail around the resort if you wanted to get a little exercise/fresh air?

Just go through the lobby of either jambo or kidani. In the back of the hotel are viewing areas. There will be staff members out to answer any questions or talk to you about the animals you are seeing. Most viewing areas will have seats, some have firepits, etc. You won't have any problems seeing the animals!

Thanks for letting me know.

Normally I'd grab a book and head down to the pool to relax, is it nice enough in the animal public viewing areas to grab a comfortable chair and read a book or "animal watch" with a drink for a while then?

You can absolutely just sit, relax and enjoy a book near the animals.

If I remember correctly, the inside lobby areas also have seating looking out the windows so you get a nice view of the animals while staying in the air conditioning!

One of our favorite things is to grab a drink or two and head down to the firepit in the evenings.

...Also is there a walking path/trail around the resort if you wanted to get a little exercise/fresh air?

The only walking path/trail is the one that goes between Jambo House and Kidani Village. It's about a half mile long.

Yes if i remember correctly, there is even an area just off the lobby with with an outdoor balcony with rocking chairs looking over the savannah.

My favorite location is the Sunset savannah lounge to rest and watch animals. There's also a balcony there if you want to go outside to see them. It's off the lobby, just past the lobby concierge desk-

IMG_0313.jpg

103.jpg

I like the little viewing areas down the hall to the right. Rocking chairs and usually not crowded. I was almost always alone, with the occasional person running out to look through the viewer.

My favorite location is the Sunset savannah lounge to rest and watch animals. There's also a balcony there if you want to go outside to see them. It's off the lobby, just past the lobby concierge desk-

IMG_0313.jpg

103.jpg

The photos are great. That chair looks nice and comfy. Can you order a drink and sip it in the lounge?

The photos are great. That chair looks nice and comfy. Can you order a drink and sip it in the lounge?
Actually I kind of did that. Although I didn't order from there (I don't think you can), I did get a drink at Victoria Falls and bring it to the sunset lounge.

We booked a standard 1 bedroom at Jambo. We did not put in any requests. We arrived at 10:00 on a Friday and went right to our room which was a reclassified Savannah. Loved it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter