**Villains After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Did anyone on this thread get to do Club Villain when it was offered? That is something I would GLADLY pay a premium for if they brought it back. If they could find a space for it, I think it would be a great thing to do just before VAH.

I did it! It was fabulous! I was there on a solo trip and it was hands down my most favorite event that I've ever done at Disney! The food was fabulous and the entertainment was spectacular! Plus we had character meets with Cruella, Queen of Hearts, Maleficent and Evil Queen. Because there were only a few hundred of us there, we got more time than normal to chat with them and take photos. The evening was phenomenal! If they ever bring this back, I will book a trip just to attend! (And I live in Texas).

I did it! It was fabulous! I was there on a solo trip and it was hands down my most favorite event that I've ever done at Disney! The food was fabulous and the entertainment was spectacular! Plus we had character meets with Cruella, Queen of Hearts, Maleficent and Evil Queen. Because there were only a few hundred of us there, we got more time than normal to chat with them and take photos. The evening was phenomenal! If they ever bring this back, I will book a trip just to attend! (And I live in Texas).
I agree. It was AMAZING. Hands down our favorite event ever. I really wish they would bring it back.

So... did anyone happen to notice if they have the frozen chocolate covered bananas available? They have at the regular DAH events I’ve been to before, but I didn’t see them mentioned when I watched a review video for this event.

I’m addicted to those:banana:

So... did anyone happen to notice if they have the frozen chocolate covered bananas available? They have at the regular DAH events I’ve been to before, but I didn’t see them mentioned when I watched a review video for this event.

I have heard reports that they were not available. Hopefully someone can confirm.

We did the regular after hours earlier in Feb and they did not have chocolate covered bananas. Only Mickey bars, Mickey ice cream sandwiches, and strawberry bars.

Does the event merchandise pop into the shops at 7 PM? Or does it only appear once the event fully kicks off at 10 PM?? I’d like to know if I could shop for what items I want before the event actually starts to avoid wasting precious little event time...

Does the event merchandise pop into the shops at 7 PM? Or does it only appear once the event fully kicks off at 10 PM?? I’d like to know if I could shop for what items I want before the event actually starts to avoid wasting precious little event time...
We've seen event merchandise being put out around 6 or 6:30 before. That doesn't necessarily mean you can purchase it immediately; depending on the store, they might have it roped off during set up. Between 6 and 7 is a safe bet.

We've seen event merchandise being put out around 6 or 6:30 before. That doesn't necessarily mean you can purchase it immediately; depending on the store, they might have it roped off during set up. Between 6 and 7 is a safe bet.
I don't know what time they started tonight but it was roped off at Emporium at 7 for sure.

Went tonight. Got to park at 7:10. Rode BMTRR, Pirates, Space, TL Speedway before event. Pooh, Peter Pan, BTMRR, Space, Astro Orbiter, and 7DMT, got 3 magic shots and saw the 1130 show and last caravan. It didn't hit Main St til 12. On bus...all Epcot resorts shared. Dropped off in this order Boardwalk, Swan, Dolphin, YC, BC. Calling it a night! We were moving slowly because my littles (11 yr olds) were tired. Next time I'm not going to Criss cross the park so much. We kept checking on 7DMT and it said consistently 30-35 min. We got in line to quickly realize the queue was to the street and promptly hopped out. Someone in line said it was 30 from that point. We hopped in line at 11:00 and it took 12 minutes. Posted wait 30. Space 15 min wait, PP 10 min, all others walk on.

Hi,

We also went last night. We really enjoyed our evening. We got in at 6:30 and did buzz, FP space mountain, Belle, country jamboree, FP Splash and FP Big Thunder Railroad before 9 PM. Then before 11:45 we did Jungle Cruise (still about 15 minutes wait early on), did 3 magic shots and a few more photopass photographers photos. Did again 3 times each Big Thunder Railroad, Splash and Space with less than 5 minutes Wait. We watched the caravan, my daughter ate 2 popcorn and ate 2 ice creams. We had to circle back to Pirates as it was down for part of the night. Haunted mansion did not open at all.

We skipped SDMT at 11:15 when we saw 30 minutes posted. PP at that time was about 15 minutes.

We loved the caravan and being so close to characters that were interacting with the crowd. Also loved that there was not intense planning needed.

The park did feel crowded, knor too empty. Just good for us. Happily surprised.

We left during the end show at 11:45, and it was an easy catch for the monorail.

Been a little behind on the thread, did we really just spend 2 pages debating the definition of the words low and little? :rotfl:

Anyways, for thread newcomers, "review posts" are linked to Post #10 for easy reference. Many people take the time to stop by to post their experiences with VAH - this can be a good spot to find reviews/info from real-world posters without having to read through the other thread chatter and event questions.

I am impressed with those that went 2/21. It was SO cold and windy that day. We had to be outside at 3:30am for the Princess 10k the next morning - wow, BRRRR.

Thank you to everyone for your contributions to the thread.

If i comment in this thread with my review can you move it to post #10? Thanks!

Booked VAH for 4/24 for DH and myself. We are doing an adults only long weekend so it was easier to swallow than buying for our boys also. Did get the AP price, as well. I did VAH last June and loved it. I will say that I have never done a regular AH though. I'm excited about the lounge, as well!

Has the VAH ever sold out? I know probably complete guess, but can anyone guess if they would add regular after hours for June, when they may announce it? I am holding out for regular after hours!

Has the VAH ever sold out? I know probably complete guess, but can anyone guess if they would add regular after hours for June, when they may announce it? I am holding out for regular after hours!

Two did last summer. None have so far for this run of dates. See page 1 for more info: https://www.disboards.com/threads/v...m-faq-discussion-thread.3776793/post-61216037

I suspect regular DAH for June is possible, but who knows when it comes to what Disney has in mind.

You will find historical sellouts in the pinned posts up at the start of the thread. Basically, it rarely sells out, and sell outs were typically same day. No sell outs in 2020 thus far. In 2019, the first and last VAH sold out. Not true how accurate it is, but I've heard maximum is 6,000 tickets.

I don't believe they had regular AH in June 2019, so wouldn't count on it this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter