Virgin Atlantic declares bankruptcy

anthony2k7

DIS Veteran
breaking news tonight... sounds like its a planned step as part of refinancing, but scary times for the customers and employees

I wonder what impact it has on those still waiting for refunds??

Hopefully it will all be done by the end of the month as the company runs out of money otherwise.

I’ve booked a package with Virgin Holidays. What I’m trying to understand though is if Virgin Atlantic go under do I loose all of my package holiday or just the Virgin Atlantic Flights part, or are Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Holidays one of the same thing so my whole holiday will disappear?

I’ve booked a package with Virgin Holidays. What I’m trying to understand though is if Virgin Atlantic go under do I loose all of my package holiday or just the Virgin Atlantic Flights part, or are Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Holidays one of the same thing so my whole holiday will disappear?
Why don't you contact them, either by text or Whatsapp.

how did i completely miss this. But bankruptcy sometimes only means screwing your suppliers while you continue to operate.
So might not mean much for the passengers.
and i'd just found the perfect flight for all of us next summer on virgin.
But i'm holding back this time.
I usually buy tickets a year in advance as soon as the flights become available.
But i learned my lesson this year.
For 2021, i'm going to wait until much closer to the date, hopefully the dust will settle by then.

I have an open ticket and I am a bit concerned by reports that if VA cannot get a bailout approved it will run out of money by the end of September.
Just seen on the news that the last group of creditors has agreed to the plan. From what it said it seems it's now just for UK and US courts to approve it, 2 &3 Sept respectively, which hopefully is just a rubber stamp.

Just got an email from VA telling me that they will be giving free Covid-19 insurance with new bookings. Interesting.
What would really help the airline and holiday industry would be for the government to remove some or all of the airline taxes for a while.

If it were put in place to benefit the entire travel industry then they should do that if the airlines pass it on to the customer to encourage tourism to the UK.
But it would benefit business travel too - though I don't know if that would necessarily be a bad thing - so it wouldn't have as big an effect on tourism as something more targeted.

Also quite a lot of travel, through Heathrow at least, is just bouncing there to travel onward. Not much point in giving them a discount (though the owners of Heathrow are very happy to have that business).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter