• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Visitor Toll Pass

staceyj2

DIS Veteran
How does visitor toll pass work? For several years I have used e-pass and get a new mini sticker for each trip. For the 3rd time, I am having to pay for other drivers tolls even though I can prove it was not me. Twice, I was somewhat at fault (1st time I forgot to remove the sticker but deactivated it immediately while still at airport and the 2nd time I forgot to remove the license plate number until a couple of hours after I returned the car) This time, I am paying $10 for tolls in February for a car I rented in November. I provided my rental agreement, showed that I removed the license plate number and they are still making me pay the tolls. They are also super rude when you call. I WILL NOT be using them again. How does Visitor toll pass work? Will I have to do certain things to make sure I don't get charges after I return the car?

How does visitor toll pass work? For several years I have used e-pass and get a new mini sticker for each trip. For the 3rd time, I am having to pay for other drivers tolls even though I can prove it was not me. Twice, I was somewhat at fault (1st time I forgot to remove the sticker but deactivated it immediately while still at airport and the 2nd time I forgot to remove the license plate number until a couple of hours after I returned the car) This time, I am paying $10 for tolls in February for a car I rented in November. I provided my rental agreement, showed that I removed the license plate number and they are still making me pay the tolls. They are also super rude when you call. I WILL NOT be using them again. How does Visitor toll pass work? Will I have to do certain things to make sure I don't get charges after I return the car?
It activates when you drive out of the garage. You set in the app when it should end. It hooks into at least some of the rental computers as when I was there in January I got an email that the license plate of my rental had been associated with my VTP trip. When you pick it up, which is only available on A side currently, the system charges your CC for $10. If you go through that, it charges another $10. If you don't you get refunded whatever is left 30 days later. I just got refunded the $6 I was owed from January yesterday. It's a hang tag that sits on the mirror, not obtrusive at all. When you return the car, you take the hangtag with you and drop in one of the many receptacles available at all three terminals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter