Visitors Toll Pass

zoo2tycoon

DIS Veteran
Worth it for driving to from MCO to Disney (Contemporary). Using rental for transportation to/from parks.
I am aware of free Disney transportation but don’t want to use it or Uber.
How does it work?

There is no disadvantage in using the Visitor Toll Pass. You would pay the lowest toll rate and no extra fees. Only potential downside would be the hours of operation for the pick up counter (8 am to midnight daily). There is a drop box for returning the pass at the end of your trip.

You sign up online and there will be a pickup location near the rental car counters at MCO. Once you get into your rental car, you hang the Toll Pass from the rear view mirror. All tolls will be billed to the CC you entered at the lowest (electronic toll) rate approx. 3 days after you return the Toll Pass.

https://visitortollpass.com/

Loved it the last time we used it. Didn't take long to set up, was free,except for tolls and didn't have to stop at the toll booths.
On your way out to the cars, there is a booth for the pass. When you return there are bins to drop it in.

We sgined up for it as we walked from baggabe claim to pick up our rental car. Took under 5 minutes.
Do you have to provide them the license plate number from the rental car once you pick it up from the garage? We typically use online check-in straight to car with Alamo or National so we don’t have that info until we select the vehicle from the lot. The cell signal in the garage is usually awful too.

Do you have to provide them the license plate number from the rental car once you pick it up from the garage? We typically use online check-in straight to car with Alamo or National so we don’t have that info until we select the vehicle from the lot. The cell signal in the garage is usually awful too.
Not immediately. I go straight to the car with Alamo as well. I had signed up for Tollpass online ahead of time, picked up my pass, drove to the hotel, then logged in to see what the account looked like. It had a different car listed on my account, so I edited that information to the car I had. It worked out fine in the end, the charges were correct.

Not immediately. I go straight to the car with Alamo as well. I had signed up for Tollpass online ahead of time, picked up my pass, drove to the hotel, then logged in to see what the account looked like. It had a different car listed on my account, so I edited that information to the car I had. It worked out fine in the end, the charges were correct.
Excellent! Thanks. I’m looking forward to trying this out.

Thanks what happened with us. Just changed it at the hotel and no problem. The license plate is only used if they transponder tag isn’t read properly.

They had someone in the luggage system with a tablet who set us up in less than 5 minutes. Really liked this system.

I've never put in the license plate number.
Just put the transponder on the rearview mirror as instructed.

Last edited:
I've never put in heh license plate number.
Just put the transponder on the rearview mirror as instructed.
It may not be necessary. I'm a bit OCD and checked the online account as soon as I got to the hotel to see if the toll charge was added properly. I was a bit alarmed to see a different car assigned to my tollpass, so I edited it.

Thanks what happened with us. Just changed it at the hotel and no problem. The license plate is only used if they transponder tag isn’t read properly.
I wonder though if someone who had that rental car next went through without a pass, could it end up on my charges?

I wonder though if someone who had that rental car next went through without a pass, could it end up on my charges?

YES

you could probably get it removed but it would require some telephone time.

Same thing could happen with a personal transponder: use an OWNED one and add the retal car tag to the account and forget to delete when you return the car .... the tag stays associated with the account. The way the system works:

check for transponder - if found charge the toll if not

read the tag .. check system for tag associated with a transponder. if found charge the account if not

check tag for a 'fleet account' ... this is how most rentals are handled . if found charge the account if not

use tag info to forward the charge if a pay by plate area or send a toll violation if not . . .

So...I went to their website to reserve my pass for next month. It will not accept any of my charge card information - says it is invalid on all of them. Then when I go to input information again it will not allow me to choose my country or rental car selection. Yes I have used Safari as well as Chrome and tried on both Apple and PC - no luck.

Anyone else having issues?

So...I went to their website to reserve my pass for next month. It will not accept any of my charge card information - says it is invalid on all of them. Then when I go to input information again it will not allow me to choose my country or rental car selection. Yes I have used Safari as well as Chrome and tried on both Apple and PC - no luck.

Anyone else having issues?
You don’t need to pre sign up. You can sign up at the airport when you pick it up. When I picked mine up on Monday night for my quick trip this week a family was signing up next to me that hadn’t pre reserved one.

Gparr- so happy you got the website to work. We have used it twice now and it was great both times. Very easy to pick up, use, and return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter