Viva Italia May 8-16th photos, ETC.

cydlei

Earning My Ears
After reading some of the recent posts re: Viva Italia, we wanted to reiterate what a wonderful trip we had, and I am pretty sure we speak for the rest of the 35+ people on the tour. In retrospect, we think Disney did an incredible job of managing expectations in all of the itineraries we received ahead of time. For instance, we knew by reading the itinerary of Florence, up front, that there would not be time for us to visit the Uffizi. By studying the Disney materials up front, we knew that the itinerary would be challenging for our child ( a special needs child age 10) but we were able to manage the situation and found the guides (Tina and Marco) to be incredibly accommodating. Although our son was often exhausted at the end of the day (in some of the photos which follow, you will see him sleeping in his plates of pasta!:) ) he had a wonderful time!!! And let me emphasize that we had ample "down" time. Also, re: recent inquiries about food allergies, the Disney guides were extremely conscientious about our kids' food allergies and our fellow travelers were equally supportive!

Before we booked the trip, we gave careful consideration to touring on our own so that we could do everything we wanted to do. That would have resulted in a 3 week trip and tens of thousands of dollars spent (and we would not have had such a complete trip!) We knew that the Disney tour would be our "appetizer" to the banquet which is Italy. If you approach it that way, you won't be disappointed. In fact, you will probably be dazzled, as all of us were, by what Disney was able to accomplish in less than 9 days.

To highlight our joyful experience, I am attaching a link to our photos from the trip.

"SPOILER ALERT, SPOILER ALERT, SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Some of the photos from Venice might spoil some of the Disney surprises you will enjoy. View at your own "risk".

http://picasaweb.google.com/LeighwVA

Wow Cindy great pics. I thought I had a lot but I think you've got me beat. I know I ordered about 550 of mine and its going to take until next year to get them in albums and scrapbook. I am going to share your link with my sis-in-law if thats ok. I love the pics of Jack sleeping, poor kid was wore out. But he held up so well. I miss Italy soooo much and of course all the people we shared it with.

Thanks for posting the link to your photos. I'm going on the 9/21 Viva Italia tour and it's nice to hear all the positive feedback.

Thanks cydlei for taking the time to upload all those photos!

Because of your photos I now wouldn't dream of missing the 'pasta' day trip, just for the marvelous scenery.

Hey Kim! Feel free to share with Debbie!

I'm glad the photos are inspiring those of you who are already booked and those who are considering the trip. For those of us who have been, we'll continue to live on the wonderful memories.

And Redzinner, there is so much going for the pasta making day! The castle (Vicchiomaggio) dates back to DaVinci's time and he, in fact, stayed there! The grounds are breathtaking. Also, it's a working winery and you'll get a tour of the wine cellars. Finally, the food was to die for and it's so great to see how the different shaped pasta you just made, can be used in different dishes. Our whole group, old and young, absolutely loved the experience!
Cindy

We're on the Sept 21 trip with Marc and I loved sharing your photos with you! They are fantastic and only make me want to fly off tomorrow!

The pasta making was so much fun. Just a good time to really enjoy and have a good laugh with the people on your trip since your not touring around. Someone said that the movie "Much Ado About Nothing" with Emma Thompson and Keanu Reeves had parts filmed at the castle where you make pasta. Whether or not they did, it was definitely a beautiful place.

Thank you so much for posting your beautiful pictures! We are leaving in Sept. for the same trip and these photos make me even more excited to go (if that is possible!):goodvibes

Glad you enjoy the adventure. I went on the tour last summer. Thanks for the photos:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter