Volcano Bay in December....

alibeau

DIS Veteran
Hi,

We have tickets for Volcano Bay for our trip in December.

I can't imagine wearing a bikini in December.. brrrrrr.... we do all have 'shortie' wet suits but not enough space in case to pack those and not if they are the done thing in water parks??

Looking for advice please - other than not going at all!!!

Would we look ridiculous if we wore something like a kids SPF sun suit? Just thinking for myself and two DD's (Aged 14 & 11)... Just thought they might keep us a bit warmer or would we be laughed out of the park?! I've tried to attach a pic, hope it's worked!

Thanks.

Ali.swimsuit1.jpg

We went one year end of November/beginning of December and during the day it was still very warm and we went to the water parks with no problems. I wear a SPF top with long sleeves, people wear all sorts so the above will be no issue.

I went in December last year and it was 30 degrees! The weather will still be very warm. We went to Typhoon Lagoon and everyone was in normal beach wear :sunny:

Even in December, you'd wear normal beachwear at a waterpark (of course there will probably be more Brits, German, French and Canadian people in the waterpark than Floridans and South Americans :) )

anyway, if it's so cold that a wetsuit is required, the park will be closed that day

I went in December 2014, and everyone had to wear hoodies and jeans, and jackets in the evenings. It was certainly not water park weather!

Thanks everyone. I guess that a sun protection suit like the pic would suit all weather scenarios and we could always wear a bikini underneath so we can strip off if we are lucky enough to experience 30 degrees!!!!

We wouldn't have planned to do a water park in December other than it was included in the price of the Universal tickets, I guess we'll just see how the weather pans out.

Thanks again.

We have done 4 December trips. The weather can vary a lot - we have seen frost and have baking hot days.

Sun is still strong when out so the suit is probably a good idea :goodvibes

We also go in December from the 12th to 2nd Jan, we're staying a wk at Cabanna bay. I need hot weather for water parks but my boys will never let us get away with not going lol.
So we will be there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!