VOLCANO BAY.....INFO AND QUESTION THREAD........

https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/tickets-packages/express-passes/index.html

I pre-purchased it.

I have a vacation package. I don't know if that matters. I couldn't figure out how to purchase it on-line. I called 407 224-7840 and selected the option for new tickets purchase. The customer service agent was able to check the dates and facilitate the purchase. The tickets will be available when I check in at HRH. I received a confirmation number and email.

Also, I only purchased it for the 3 kids on the reservation, not the 2 adults.

I jumped on this because last year the day I called to add the express pass was the day they stopped selling it.
I will ty to do it today for September. Thanks for the heads up and I will let everyone know if I manage it.

I will ty to do it today for September. Thanks for the heads up and I will let everyone know if I manage it.
I had to call 407-224-1840 and I chose the new ticket option. For Friday Sept 7 the Volcano Bay Express Pass Plus was $59.99 and the Express Pass was $29.99. The pass is for a specific day with no cancellation options.
Thanks so much for heads up. I am planning to go on Thursday alone without the pass but with a friend on Friday with the express passes - WHAT FUN!!

Just wanted to share with everyone that I called and was able to purchase express passes for June 29 for $49 each. You get to cut the line for all the popular rides once (with the exception of those 3 body plunge rides which you can purchase express plus for-believe she said that cost $79). Seemed like money well spent since it guarantees we'll have time for everything. We will not be able to get to the park until 10 at the earliest, so I decided to also pay for the preferred seating to guarantee entrance for the 4 of us that day. I was nervous the park would reach capacity! Something to note, I only had to reserve the 2 chairs for our family of four to guarantee entrance for all of us. The rep told me they treat it as 2 in the chair and 2 in the sand. Hope this info helps! I spent the last 2 days researching all the different options including a cabana rental which I just couldn't justify the cost for ($549)

I too called and bought Express Passes for $49.99 for June 20th. I can’t remember bow much she said the Express pass Plus would cost, but I think it was around $80.
Has anyone used these new EPs? I just wondered how they worked. I’m thinking we will get there for early entry and then we will get our Premium seating. Do we get our Express Passes at the same place as the premium seating? Hopefully, we will only have to wait in one line to get both. Then, we will try to ride the non-included rides early before the wait gets too long.
Also, can I ride a ride that is included on the EP while tapped into another ride? I’m thinking ‘no’. I think I’ll have to tap into the included ride too, but there will just be a lower wait.

I did have a cabana rented, but I cancelled it when we bought the EPs. One cabana cost the same as 2 sets of premium seating (4chairs) and 5 EPs. I figured I’d rather have the EPs than the cabana. Total was $449 for either option.

I don’t know from personal experience. The customer service agent said we can use the tapu to hold a place in line and use the express pass while waiting for our return time

I too called and bought Express Passes for $49.99 for June 20th. I can’t remember bow much she said the Express pass Plus would cost, but I think it was around $80.
Has anyone used these new EPs? I just wondered how they worked. I’m thinking we will get there for early entry and then we will get our Premium seating. Do we get our Express Passes at the same place as the premium seating? Hopefully, we will only have to wait in one line to get both. Then, we will try to ride the non-included rides early before the wait gets too long.
Also, can I ride a ride that is included on the EP while tapped into another ride? I’m thinking ‘no’. I think I’ll have to tap into the included ride too, but there will just be a lower wait.

I did have a cabana rented, but I cancelled it when we bought the EPs. One cabana cost the same as 2 sets of premium seating (4chairs) and 5 EPs. I figured I’d rather have the EPs than the cabana. Total was $449 for either option.

Last summer, you got your EP at the same place as the cabanas, towels, and premium seating. There were 2 huts: one near the entrance and one across from the Bambu restaurant in the River Village. We have done the premium seating for 3 visits. I really liked it and would do it again. There were only 2 or 3 of us for these trips.

Hmmm...customer service agent on the phone told me the express tickets would be available at my hotel when I check in. She would attach it to my vacation package. Does this sound right? Do I need to do something other than hand over my tickets at the park entry?

Hmmm...customer service agent on the phone told me the express tickets would be available at my hotel when I check in. She would attach it to my vacation package. Does this sound right? Do I need to do something other than hand over my tickets at the park entry?

Is this for actual Volcano Bay Express Pass or for the other parks? They are completely separate. The VB one has to be purchased separately and is not given to you with a deluxe hotel stay. Now, if the VB EP has been purchased, then you can redeem the email/QR code for the Express Passes at the hotel ticket counter. However, I don't think that's necessary. I think you can take the email/QR code to the concierge huts at Volcano Bay directly, because they need to put the EP on your Tapu Tapu. You would have to do this last step no matter what, so I would just go straight there with my email or voucher. That's what we did in late July.

Is this for actual Volcano Bay Express Pass or for the other parks? They are completely separate. The VB one has to be purchased separately and is not given to you with a deluxe hotel stay. Now, if the VB EP has been purchased, then you can redeem the email/QR code for the Express Passes at the hotel ticket counter. However, I don't think that's necessary. I think you can take the email/QR code to the concierge huts at Volcano Bay directly, because they need to put the EP on your Tapu Tapu. You would have to do this last step no matter what, so I would just go straight there with my email or voucher. That's what we did in late July.

Thanks for your reply. It’s the volcano bay express pass plus

Thanks for your reply. It’s the volcano bay express pass plus

I think you can just go to the concierge huts in Volcano Bay then. They are the only ones that can add it to your tapu tapu. Just have the email available, phone or printed copy. Have fun!

Ughhh...I didn't realize this extra step for activating the express pass.

I intend to arrive for the early hour for resport guests.
1. Can I take care of it then?
2. Can I send the kids off to do the slides while I stand in line with all of our Tapus and take care of this?
3. If the kids have to be there, does it make sense to wait until AFTER the early hour so that they don't lose that low lines time messing around at the conceriege hut?

Thanks for your help.

Ughhh...I didn't realize this extra step for activating the express pass.

I intend to arrive for the early hour for resport guests.
1. Can I take care of it then?
2. Can I send the kids off to do the slides while I stand in line with all of our Tapus and take care of this?
3. If the kids have to be there, does it make sense to wait until AFTER the early hour so that they don't lose that low lines time messing around at the conceriege hut?

Thanks for your help.

If it's during early entry, then I am not sure how much they need their Tapus. I don't think any of the rides are excluded from EP now, and I don't think EP works during early entry. You probably won't even use the reservation system, since you have the EP+/unlimited. If they don't need their Tapus, then keep them with you to have EP added. Only the Tapus need to physically be there to get EP, not the people. I think I sent my husband and son off last July, while I got our premium seats and had EP added to all of the tapus.

If it's during early entry, then I am not sure how much they need their Tapus. I don't think any of the rides are excluded from EP now, and I don't think EP works during early entry. You probably won't even use the reservation system, since you have the EP+/unlimited. If they don't need their Tapus, then keep them with you to have EP added. Only the Tapus need to physically be there to get EP, not the people. I think I sent my husband and son off last July, while I got our premium seats and had EP added to all of the tapus.
The EP Plus for Volcano Bay is just for one ride per slide. I was surprised by this. I think I purchased the most expensive option so I don't think there are any "unlimited". But it does include all the slides. I was thinking that I would ask the concierge to add the express pass after the first hour or two so that I could ride some things twice.

The EP Plus for Volcano Bay is just for one ride per slide. I was surprised by this. I think I purchased the most expensive option so I don't think there are any "unlimited". But it does include all the slides. I was thinking that I would ask the concierge to add the express pass after the first hour or two so that I could ride some things twice.

Oh, that's a change from last summer. That's a bummer. I looked, and there isn't another option:( I would add the EP later then. Just go do rides during early entry and maybe into the first hour or two, depending upon when things start to get crowded/have long waits.

I would definitely like to hear feedback from people on how the new EP is working. I am debating if we want it for early October.

We only to plan to stay at the park until around 2/2:30. I'm hoping that's enough time to use all of the EP passes and for some time in the Fearless River and the wave pool. Maybe we'll use the Tapu to get one or two additional rides.

I personally will not be doing any slides, so I plan to get in line for lunch food as early as possible and have lunch ready for the kids to just eat it and head back to the fun. I've actually been thinking about just packing a few PBJ sandwiches since we plan to go to toothsome for an early dinner that night. I'm not sure if outside food is allowed. I'll have to go research that.

Well, I decided to go for the Cabana option and just booked a single cabana on August 21st, for our party. The cost, including tax, was $532.49 which was pretty hefty, but I am hoping it will make our day there more relaxing and enjoyable. One thing I forgot to ask on the phone, and wondered if anybody here knew, was whether the cabana is ours of the day. So, if we choose to leave the park in the afternoon and come back later in the evening, will we still be able to use it? Do we need to let anybody know we are leaving and coming back? Is there a certain time in the evening we have to vacate it? Also, he told me that our cabana would be in the Rainforest Village section. I can't find any info on the cabanas there, would love to hear from anybody who has had one there and has any thoughts or advice?

Well, I decided to go for the Cabana option and just booked a single cabana on August 21st, for our party. The cost, including tax, was $532.49 which was pretty hefty, but I am hoping it will make our day there more relaxing and enjoyable. One thing I forgot to ask on the phone, and wondered if anybody here knew, was whether the cabana is ours of the day. So, if we choose to leave the park in the afternoon and come back later in the evening, will we still be able to use it? Do we need to let anybody know we are leaving and coming back? Is there a certain time in the evening we have to vacate it? Also, he told me that our cabana would be in the Rainforest Village section. I can't find any info on the cabanas there, would love to hear from anybody who has had one there and has any thoughts or advice?

I know when you rent cabanas and premium seating, it's yours for the day. However, I don't know how they handle someone leaving the park and coming back. When you get your cabana, you will get a cabana concierge that you could probably tell about the leaving and coming back. Hopefully, others can pipe up if they have done this.

Has anyone done early entry at Volcano bay recently?

I'd like to know:
1. What time to catch bus at HRH
2. How crowded is the early hour? How many slides were you able to ride?

Has anyone done early entry at Volcano bay recently?

I'd like to know:
1. What time to catch bus at HRH
2. How crowded is the early hour? How many slides were you able to ride?

I was at VB last Monday (June 11th). We stayed at RPR and were waiting at the bus stop at 7:25. Got on a bus at 7:30 and had to pick up at SF before heading to VB. We were standing in line at the entrance by 7:45. I have a KYSS bag so no need for a locker so we headed straight for the chairs to drop our stuff. We were riding Krakatau by 8:10 and rode 3 times b2b2b without ever stepping out of our boat! Then we headed to 3 other rides all before 9am.

I was at VB last Monday (June 11th). We stayed at RPR and were waiting at the bus stop at 7:25. Got on a bus at 7:30 and had to pick up at SF before heading to VB. We were standing in line at the entrance by 7:45. I have a KYSS bag so no need for a locker so we headed straight for the chairs to drop our stuff. We were riding Krakatau by 8:10 and rode 3 times b2b2b without ever stepping out of our boat! Then we headed to 3 other rides all before 9am.

Thanks for your response. That sounds like a great morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter