VOLCANO BAY.....INFO AND QUESTION THREAD........

Thank you. At this point I probably will need to go back at night to do the rides that you have to be over 48 inches for since the hotel child care starts at 5pm, so I was hoping later at night it would be more empty. I did look up the Aquavault but at 60 dollars its pretty pricey, cheaper to just rent a locker. I guess I'll either just rent a locker or chance that no one takes our bag.

Hi I just went at night about two weeks ago. I did stay at CBBR so we walked over. We went at about 4:00 and stayed till about 8:00. This was at the end of June and during the week , which is a tad slower. I enjoy the park at night. The lights are really pretty. I think about two hours before the park closes it really empties out. I was glad that we did it. Most of the rides by 7:00 were like a 15 minute wait or ride now except for the aqua coaster. This will always have the longest line.

What we do is I bought an aqua vault from amazon. One of the other posters recommended it last year and it is awesome. It holds about 4 phones and a small wallet and it could hold your tickets. It locks to the chair and has a combination. There are different ones though. I would look up aqua vault on amazon and see what style you like. I do not rent a locker I think it is a waste for us. I will leave my sunscreen, flip flops and cover ups at a chair.

We always go for early entry. We get there about 15 minutes before park opens. Once we get in we find a seat in some kind of shade by the wave pool, front of the volcano. We go over to the aqua coaster if it is running and ride that first. We then would go to the body slides in the volcano if someone wants to. Otherwise we head to Puihi (yellow and green family tubes) we ride that then go over to Honu and Moana. These are your most popular rides and will get the lines once the general public comes in. You have about an hour after general opening to still ride with minimal weight. I saw lines about 30 minutes starting about 10 for a 9 opening.

Enjoy and any other questions please ask.

Still hoping someone can give me some info about going at night and what the lines are like, but I was also thinking about bags at Volcano Bay, so I know they give you the Tapu Tapu but what does everyone do with there admission ticket, phone, sunscreen etc. At other water parks, we would probably leave our bag at our seat. Is that what people do or does everyone rent a locker? And if anyone can kind of give me the cheat sheet of what to do so we can get their for early entry and get on the rides as quick as possible , that would be great.

Haven't been at night, but as far as early entry, get there 15 min before opening to get through the entry point as soon as they open. My trips are solo, so I put my stuff (towel, hat, coverup, sunscreen) on a chair and head for Krakatau coaster. In Feb and April I was able to ride it 5 times in a row, without even going down the stairs. I just got out, and went back to the line on the platform which was maybe one or two groups. I take a small plastic lanyard (Witz see-it safe, about $8 on Amazon) for my ticket, ID, room key and credit card, and leave my phone at the resort room. My other favorites are Moana and Honu, so I hit them next. I did the body slide from the top of the volcano once, which was enough for me. The lines for OhNo and OhYah build quickly also if you want to ride them do it early. I don't like the mat rides so I skip them. Taiwana tubes are usually ride now all day.

My first trip last summer I downloaded the Universal App, scanned my ticket, and was able to link my credit card to the account before I went to the park, which saved some time, and I could pay for food with the tapu. I did have my phone that time and rented a locker. I rented toward the back of the park. Now I have an AP and just walk over from Cabana Bay in my suit.

I did see some people with their phone in a lanyard around their necks. I was able to ride the rides with mine tucked in my suit, not sure if they could do that with the larger ones, or as a male without a shirt what they would say. (maybe wear a rashguard?)

That reminds me of a pet peeve - they sell a nice long sleeved Volcano Bay rashguard-like shirt, but it does not have a sun protection.

Last edited:

Does anyone know if there's anyway for a preferred passholder to get a discount on a one day volcano Bay ticket?

I couldn't find any discounts but i just wanted to check here to be sure.

I’m really confused about EPs at Volcano Bay. My family and I are staying at Portifino Bay and have a multi-day, multi-pass tickets with unlimited Express Pass in September. Will our EPs work at Volcano Bay or are there completely separate EPs?

I’m really confused about EPs at Volcano Bay. My family and I are staying at Portifino Bay and have a multi-day, multi-pass tickets with unlimited Express Pass in September. Will our EPs work at Volcano Bay or are there completely separate EPs?

No, the resort EPs do not work for Volcano Bay. You do get early entry, which is a good time to avoid some crowds. You may not need the EP for VB in September, especially if you go on a weekday.

Just got back and wanted to share how fabulous VB was! It was DH and I and our 3 teens. We got there at 7:50 a.m. and got into the park right at 8. The kids immediately started doing the rides and we got a locker and set up our credit card on the tapu tapu. In hindsight I would have done that the night before if I had known I could. By 10:30 a.m. the kids had ridden almost everything. So get there early!! By noon waits were at 180 minutes. We did have 2 lightening delays of about an hour total. We ate lunch at that time and napped on our lounge chairs. Just my humble opinion but I really don't think a cabana is worth it. We got 5 lounge chairs up front near the Volcano under an umbrella. And beside the time they closed the park for weather we never sat in them. Having too much fun!! Oh and don't miss the fearless river! All of us hysterical laughing at me as I floated away was priceless!

Just got back and wanted to share how fabulous VB was! It was DH and I and our 3 teens. We got there at 7:50 a.m. and got into the park right at 8. The kids immediately started doing the rides and we got a locker and set up our credit card on the tapu tapu. In hindsight I would have done that the night before if I had known I could. By 10:30 a.m. the kids had ridden almost everything. So get there early!! By noon waits were at 180 minutes. We did have 2 lightening delays of about an hour total. We ate lunch at that time and napped on our lounge chairs. Just my humble opinion but I really don't think a cabana is worth it. We got 5 lounge chairs up front near the Volcano under an umbrella. And beside the time they closed the park for weather we never sat in them. Having too much fun!! Oh and don't miss the fearless river! All of us hysterical laughing at me as I floated away was priceless!

We did the same thing, we were lucky that the weather went bad at 3:45 as we were heading out. We didn't even bother with a locker, we just left the stuff at the seats which like you we never really sat in them. I didn't realize you have to rent or bring towels, but it was so hot we just dried off almost instantly. I will say it depends on what you want to do. We did the plunge and the blue/green drop slide and thought they were only good to say we did them. So if someone didn't want to do those they could probably get away with getting their a bit later. Then you just have the aqua coaster and the ohno ohyea slides with decent waits. We went on Honu that has a wait, but I honestly felt the other 6 person raft slide was better and rarely if ever had a wait. Mostly the best part of the day was in the fearless river.

What we do is I bought an aqua vault from amazon. One of the other posters recommended it last year and it is awesome. It holds about 4 phones and a small wallet and it could hold your tickets. It locks to the chair and has a combination. There are different ones though. I would look up aqua vault on amazon and see what style you like. I do not rent a locker I think it is a waste for us. I will leave my sunscreen, flip flops and cover ups at a chair.
Just curious, did you lay a towel or your cover up over it at all?

Need opinions from anyone who has been in October. We are thinking of getting a 1-day ticket to VB for October 9 which is the Tuesday after Columbus Day. We have not visited VB yet and have been debating going because of the line system. Our family loves water parks because we love slides. I’m not interested in paying to only get a few slides in and have to hang in the wave pool or river (even though we will do those too). We are not staying onsite so will not have that extra hour. How bad do you think the crowds/lines will be?

I can't answer about Vbay but can tell you that crowds should not be bad at all for Tuesday after Columbus day.

Need opinions from anyone who has been in October. We are thinking of getting a 1-day ticket to VB for October 9 which is the Tuesday after Columbus Day. We have not visited VB yet and have been debating going because of the line system. Our family loves water parks because we love slides. I’m not interested in paying to only get a few slides in and have to hang in the wave pool or river (even though we will do those too). We are not staying onsite so will not have that extra hour. How bad do you think the crowds/lines will be?

We were just there and were able to ride quite a bit IMO. But Something to keep in mind that is peak hurricane season so be prepared for possible storms, not the florida one hour in afternoon but all day.

Looking for some advice. In Oct we will be doing VB for the first time on Oct 7 which is the Sunday on the long weekend for Columbus Day. We won’t be able to get there until 10 or 11 and can stay til the park closes at 5. It is just my husband and I and neither of us will get on any of the drop slides. We basically only want to do the rides that are the raft rides. We love roller coasters but we can’t do those slides :laughing:. But we love the ones where you sit on something. So we will do all those and the Aqua Coaster plus the lazy river and winding river.
I am trying to decide if I should buy the $20pp express pass or if it would be a waist of money. Since I don’t know how busy it will be in October and we won’t go on everything.

I have no idea but know the parks will have their crowds due to the holiday weekend

I"m sure someone will come along and be able to advise you and share their experiences and thoughts.

Looking for some advice. In Oct we will be doing VB for the first time on Oct 7 which is the Sunday on the long weekend for Columbus Day. We won’t be able to get there until 10 or 11 and can stay til the park closes at 5. It is just my husband and I and neither of us will get on any of the drop slides. We basically only want to do the rides that are the raft rides. We love roller coasters but we can’t do those slides :laughing:. But we love the ones where you sit on something. So we will do all those and the Aqua Coaster plus the lazy river and winding river.
I am trying to decide if I should buy the $20pp express pass or if it would be a waist of money. Since I don’t know how busy it will be in October and we won’t go on everything.

If it matters, the Universal Express (not Plus) for VB that day is $39.99/person. The $20 price is just the starting point and would only be for the slowest days. That's cheaper than the $70 they are charging for the non-Plus EP for Aug 25 or Sept 2, Labor Day weekend. I think they are expecting the VB to be less busy during October than it has been in the summer.

The normal park hours for that day are 10am, with Early Entry for hotel guests starting at 9am. You wouldn't be too far behind the normal crowd. However, that's a very busy weekend for the parks in general. Also, I don't know how the crowds have been this summer. We went last summer when they were insane. I have gotten the impression that they haven't been quite as insane. You might look further back in this thread for anecdotal reports of crowd levels this summer. That could be a good indicator of the crowd levels for that weekend.

Do the bigger slides have a "chicken exit" or in my house it's known as a my kid wants me to wait with them but my mom doesn't do drop slides of ANY kind exit?

I'm happy to stand with them, and oldest DD who is the daredevil is ok going by herself in line, but younger DS can be cautious and I can see him wanting me to stand with him. I can also see him getting to the top and going nope. I have sorry, so sorried my way back down more than one kiddy coaster ride while either child is riding but wanted me to wait with them so I could meet them at the bottom. Conversely I assume there is a CM at the bottom checking height so we don't get all the way up there and find out he's too short?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts