VRBO Warning

Update #2

Wedding went off beautifully. No major hiccups. My parents and my sister's family were very comfortable in the rooms we got. It was an outdoor wedding and the day couldn't have been better. The reception was indoors, but with the limited guest list we were really spread out. Food, décor, DJ, everything was just perfect.

I did hear from VRBO. It seemed like a bit of a canned response, but it did say that they take owners that cancel abruptly seriously and that after a review the owner in this case had been sanctioned. Interestingly, we drove by the house several times (it was on the main road) and it didn't look like anyone was staying in it all weekend.

Update #2

Wedding went off beautifully. No major hiccups. My parents and my sister's family were very comfortable in the rooms we got. It was an outdoor wedding and the day couldn't have been better. The reception was indoors, but with the limited guest list we were really spread out. Food, décor, DJ, everything was just perfect.

I did hear from VRBO. It seemed like a bit of a canned response, but it did say that they take owners that cancel abruptly seriously and that after a review the owner in this case had been sanctioned. Interestingly, we drove by the house several times (it was on the main road) and it didn't look like anyone was staying in it all weekend.

Sounds like the owners had to learn the hard way that being an owner on VRBO is a business. It might be a very small-scale business, but once you accept someone's money, it's a business arrangement. I think there are some owners who just look at it as a quick little side hobby, and don't think through the repercussions of changing their minds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!