wait list question

Kim Gillihan

Kluvdisney
Do you have to have enough points to fill the wait list plus have an ongoing ressie?

I booked poly for july but really want June.. I need one more day but all points are already taken for the july ressie... was considering wait listing the june dates but I dont think I can.

You know, my uy is June, so since I will get points in june... I guess I do have enough as long as my ressie is june or after, I keep thinking I have to wait till june!!! This is so dang complicated!

So, I think I can grap the 2 consecutive days, then waitlist the other and cancel july if it comes thru!!!

Right?

You can set up a waitlist to cancel a rez you are currently holding if the waitlist comes through. IOW, you have your July rez, but really want June, so you could w/l for the June dates and specify for the July rez to be cancelled if the June dates come through. Then MS just uses the points from your July rez to book the June dates. And w/l can specify if you are okay to borrow points if needed.

And the sooner you get on the W/L the better! Good luck!

You can set up a waitlist to cancel a rez you are currently holding if the waitlist comes through. IOW, you have your July rez, but really want June, so you could w/l for the June dates and specify for the July rez to be cancelled if the June dates come through. Then MS just uses the points from your July rez to book the June dates. And w/l can specify if you are okay to borrow points if needed.

And the sooner you get on the W/L the better! Good luck!
This! That way MS won't borrow points to make the reservation. Never hurts to waitlist and have a confirmed reservation for some other time. We are on the waitlist for BCV in September for a night. I just wished we could know what place in line we were at...

Do you have to have enough points to fill the wait list plus have an ongoing ressie?

I booked poly for july but really want June.. I need one more day but all points are already taken for the july ressie... was considering wait listing the june dates but I dont think I can.

You know, my uy is June, so since I will get points in june... I guess I do have enough as long as my ressie is june or after, I keep thinking I have to wait till june!!! This is so dang complicated!

So, I think I can grap the 2 consecutive days, then waitlist the other and cancel july if it comes thru!!!

Right?
I am replying to my own post! Just called MS and they will replace my current ressie if the wait comes thru.... is not we will keep july.

And THAT is the way to work it! :D Book something that will work and is available and hop onto a W/L right then for what you REALLY want! I have had the W/L work for me many times over the years. Obviously the further in advance one is on the W/L the better, but good luck! :flower1:

And THAT is the way to work it! :D Book something that will work and is available and hop onto a W/L right then for what you REALLY want! I have had the W/L work for me many times over the years. Obviously the further in advance one is on the W/L the better, but good luck! :flower1:
Thanks! I was super excited we could do it that way! that makes sense to trade out the ressies, but just because it makes sense to me doesn't mean it would be possible.. but it was!

It's a "safe" way to know you have some wonderful vacation days booked! Hope your W/L comes through for you! :flower:

You know, my uy is June, so since I will get points in june... I guess I do have enough as long as my ressie is june or after, I keep thinking I have to wait till june!!!

The above is confusing. What points did you book July with?

I am replying to my own post! Just called MS and they will replace my current ressie if the wait comes thru.... is not we will keep july.

It’s a choice to make on the waitlist pages. Be sure to choose the “replace” choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter