Wait-listing and borrowed points being refunded question.

jpeterson

DIS Veteran
I'm just trying to wrap my head around what would happen in my current scenario.
We had a stay at AKL booked for early April, this was using the rest of 2019 points and borrowing from 2020. Obviously that's not happening, we modified that stay to a stay in Kidani for a 1 bedroom and adding an additional stay for a studio for a longer split-stay in June 2020, using borrowed points.

So my question is, if we wait-list a studio for that 1 bedroom stay and it comes through, what happens to the extra points? Our banking date is May 31, would we end up with these points in holding? These are Oct Use Year points, if that matters.

They will use up the borrowed points first and return any current UY points that are still bankable,

You want to set the waitlist up to cancel at 31 days since you want a room that costs less points.

Since it’s a June trip and your banking deadline is May, it should work out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter