Waitlist came through...but NO Email!

ccbloom

Mouseketeer
So, I probably shouldn't complain too much, but my BWV waitlist came through for the first 2 days of our trip in Jan. 19. Great, right?

Well, I had booked the 2 nights at Poly as a backup, and we have since booked dinner reservations at O'Hana as well as planned park days and other dinner reservations based on this.

DH went into MDE experience last night and noticed that the Poly was no longer listed, and I just assumed (even though I remember doing it!) that maybe I hadn't linked the Poly res # to MDE. Nope! Just saw that our whole trip is now at BWV. Just checked my emails, and I haven't received anything at all from DVC or anything Disney related.

Now, I don't know what to do...WL the 2 Poly days or change a bunch of stuff based on a full BWV stay. Ugh. Have you always received notification about your WL coming through?

Most of the time I do not receive an email so that's not unusual it did not happen. Every now and then one surprises me though.

Never receive an email about a waitlist, unless it’s a new reservation. If it’s replacing a reservation, then no.

I’ve only waitlisted twice, and both times I received an email when the WL filled. One was for a new reservation and the other replaced an existing reservation.

If Disney were consistent, reading these boards wouldn’t be half as much fun!

waitlisted twice. Once I got an email, once I found it on the site that it had come through.
Seems to be hit or miss on notifying you.

I can't even get a text that my villa is ready when I do online check-in, an e-mail that a waitlist has come through is simply dreaming! With today's technology, something that should be automatic, still doesn't happen! Go figure.

My Poly waitlist came through a few days ago and I received a new confirmation at the Poly "We Can't Wait to Welcome You Home" type of e mail confirmation listing the dates etc. Very happy and surprised!:cheer2:

I've had a waitlist come through twice, and both times I saw it on MDE and my DVC dashboard hours before I received an email.

My waitlist came through and I did receive an e-mail. I waitlisted in early Feb for 12/2 through 12/7/18, I had pretty much resigned myself to it not coming through but low and behold I got that magical e-mail saying it came through! I'm very excited. So far every time I have put in a waitlist request it has come through. :)

I was very confused (and shocked and excited) this morning when I received an email that our waitlist for BLT came through for Jan 1-5. We've had the waitlist for ages, and I had kind of forgotten about it. Woohoo!

It’s definitely inconsistent. Most times I’ve received an email, but my last WL I didn’t get an email. And it doesn’t seem to be connected to replacing an existing reservation or not.

I got an email the other day about a reservation I’d cancelled the day before. I panicked, thinking I must have a waitlist I’d forgotten to cancel. But no, everything was as it should be, that reservation cancelled. No idea why the email.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!