Waitlist Request- Which to Choose?

DisMomNCM

Earning My Ears
Putting in two waitlist requests for our November trip. Wondering what my strategy should be as far as which two room types to request- we would like to either be at Polynesian or the resort studios at GFV.

The dates are 11/7-11/11. I was able to grab a room at the Polynesian for 11/10-11/11 already in a standard studio, so I would only need 11/7-11/10 to come through for that waitlist.

What’s my next highest chance of securing a room for those dates at either studio?

In my experience and what I’ve heard from many others here, shorter waitlists have a greater chance of filling than longer ones. If I were you I’d probably keep the Polynesian reservation and waitlist two of the remaining three nights individually, while also checking the website multiple times per day. If you can pick up all the days individually, you can then contact MS to merge all of the reservations together into one, assuming they’re all the same room type/view.

You’ll find many threads here debating the inner workings of the wait list process but it’s always recommended to continue “stalking” the website for availability on top of setting up your WL requests.

Good luck!

In my experience and what I’ve heard from many others here, shorter waitlists have a greater chance of filling than longer ones. If I were you I’d probably keep the Polynesian reservation and waitlist two of the remaining three nights individually, while also checking the website multiple times per day. If you can pick up all the days individually, you can then contact MS to merge all of the reservations together into one, assuming they’re all the same room type/view.

You’ll find many threads here debating the inner workings of the wait list process but it’s always recommended to continue “stalking” the website for availability on top of setting up your WL requests.

Good luck!
Thank you! I definitely plan on stalking it. That’s a good idea about trying to just commit to the Polynesian and break up my waitlist requests.

I agree with this approach and think that you'll be successful securing the entire stay at Poly with a combination of single night waitlisting and stalking. Once you get all the nights, member services will merge the individual reservations into one. Just make sure you're grabbing the same room category. Report back with your success, I love a waitlist success story!!

Thank you! I definitely plan on stalking it. That’s a good idea about trying to just commit to the Polynesian and break up my waitlist requests.

I agree with this approach and think that you'll be successful securing the entire stay at Poly with a combination of single night waitlisting and stalking. Once you get all the nights, member services will merge the individual reservations into one. Just make sure you're grabbing the same room category. Report back with your success, I love a waitlist success story!!
Thank you! I actually switched my approach because I was able to book a BWV room for our second night there (staying four nights) in addition to our Poly room for the last night. So now I am waitlisting a BWV room for the first night and the Poly room for the third night so we can do a 2/2 split stay. Hoping that my waitlists come through this way!

I bet your waitlists will come through that way! Which room category at BWV? The single night waitlist plus stalking should do the trick. 2 nights at BWV and 2 nights at Poly sounds like a dream split stay!
Thank you! I actually switched my approach because I was able to book a BWV room for our second night there (staying four nights) in addition to our Poly room for the last night. So now I am waitlisting a BWV room for the first night and the Poly room for the third night so we can do a 2/2 split stay. Hoping that my waitlists come through this way!

T
I bet your waitlists will come through that way! Which room category at BWV? The single night waitlist plus stalking should do the trick. 2 nights at BWV and 2 nights at Poly sounds like a dream split stay!
Thank you! I hadn't even considered BWV because it was during F&W...but once I got that one night there, I became obsessed with the idea of splitting our stay between there and Poly.

We did a split stay over Thanksgiving, 1 night Poly and 5 nights BWV ...definitely wish we had a few more nights at Poly. 2/2 at each resort sounds lovely, and the bag transfer between resorts by bell services worked seamlessly for us!
T

Thank you! I hadn't even considered BWV because it was during F&W...but once I got that one night there, I became obsessed with the idea of splitting our stay between there and Poly.

We did a split stay over Thanksgiving, 1 night Poly and 5 nights BWV ...definitely wish we had a few more nights at Poly. 2/2 at each resort sounds lovely, and the bag transfer between resorts by bell services worked seamlessly for us!
We are BIG Poly fans (our original home resort). We feel like a stay there is never a bad option haha. I haven't stayed at BWV in a while, but I do love that entrance to Epcot. We have a four year old so ease of transportation is my absolute priority.

I have a 4 year old, too! Def relate to the ease of transportation. Nothing better than a quick trip home after a long day in the parks. We found that my 4 year old could do the walk to HS too from BWV ...was easier at the start of the day than the end of the day, but she did it! We own at SSR and VGF, but would LOVE to own at either Poly or BWV too 😅
We are BIG Poly fans (our original home resort). We feel like a stay there is never a bad option haha. I haven't stayed at BWV in a while, but I do love that entrance to Epcot. We have a four year old so ease of transportation is my absolute priority.

Update! Realized I was booking the slightly wrong dates for our trip 😂 I was booking 11/7-11/11 but really needed 11/8-11/12. This allowed us to pick up an available Poly studio for the last night. Having also been able to book a BWV pool/garden studio for 11/8, it just left 11/9 to fill up at either BWV or Poly. Our BWV waitlist just came through, a week after putting it in! So now we are staying the first two nights in the BWV pool/garden view and two nights in a Poly standard view studio. Super psyched about this split, even though it wasn’t the original plan! Makes getting to some early morning breakfast reservations in the Epcot resort area a bit more manageable with a toddler.

That is amazing! Congrats! That is a dream combo for a split stay. And awesome to see how quickly your waitlist filled ...stalking/waitlisting combo for the win!!
Update! Realized I was booking the slightly wrong dates for our trip 😂 I was booking 11/7-11/11 but really needed 11/8-11/12. This allowed us to pick up an available Poly studio for the last night. Having also been able to book a BWV pool/garden studio for 11/8, it just left 11/9 to fill up at either BWV or Poly. Our BWV waitlist just came through, a week after putting it in! So now we are staying the first two nights in the BWV pool/garden view and two nights in a Poly standard view studio. Super psyched about this split, even though it wasn’t the original plan! Makes getting to some early morning breakfast reservations in the Epcot resort area a bit more manageable with a toddler.

That is amazing! Congrats! That is a dream combo for a split stay. And awesome to see how quickly your waitlist filled ...stalking/waitlisting combo for the win!!
I was shocked that the waitlist picked it up before I saw it! I was checking the website 10+ times a day 😂

Definitely psyched about this lineup.

Putting in two waitlist requests for our November trip. Wondering what my strategy should be as far as which two room types to request- we would like to either be at Polynesian or the resort studios at GFV.

The dates are 11/7-11/11. I was able to grab a room at the Polynesian for 11/10-11/11 already in a standard studio, so I would only need 11/7-11/10 to come through for that waitlist.

What’s my next highest chance of securing a room for those dates at either studio?
Poly longhouse villas > Grand Floridian resort villas

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter