walking from Sapphire falls to Volcano Bay

GoldmanTrust

Mouseketeer
Hey guys,

Last year we stayed at Cabana Bay. I traveled with my wife, daughter and in-laws. We have been to Universal often and we stay at the parks for about 2 weeks at a time. We have also been to Universal Studios out in LA. We fly from Scandinavia, so we consider ourselves huge fans and will buy an annual pass in september when we go next.

I've taken care of all flights and and the rental car, and I have been playing around with looking at the 3 park explorer pass (which we have bought the last two times in FLA) vs booking the rooms separate and buying an annual pass (which will save us some money, for others contemplating something similar).

Anyways, last year we stayed at CBBR and what we loved about it was the proximity to Volcano Bay. We went there almost every day out of our 2 week vacation. My in-laws aren't as keen on UO and IOA as us, but they LOVED the feel at Volcano Bay.

And this brings me to the point of this thread. Last year we stayed at the Americana building and the walking distance to VB was maybe 400 steps. Incredible. I would like to look at other hotels for our next stay, just to try something different. So I've been looking at Sapphire falls. It's offers better transport to the other parks and something else to look at and experience.

But I would not like to lose the walking element to VB.

Are there people here that frequently walked from Sapphire Falls to VB? How long did it take? Is the shortest distance over the big street and through Cabana Bay? Or is there any other way? And more importantly, can people that stay at Sapphire Falls use the special gate behind CBBR, to get to Volcano Bay?

i know these are specific questions. Thanks for reading.

Have a wonderful day.

While the hotels are literally right across the street from each other, there are signs warning against walking across the street at the main light. There are no walk lines nor are there walk signals at those lights. Instead there is a walkway to an overpass that walkers are supposed to take. It doesn't take too long, but it may take around 5-10 minutes to walk it. Of course at that point you are at the front of CBR and then have to walk through the resort to get to VB (which can take anotherfew minutes.) ;)

My understanding from asking a similar question before is that the entrance at Volcano Bay is for Cabana Bay guests only. All other resorts have a shuttle that takes them over.
We never went over to VB during our stay last week (as it was a bit cooler than we prefer when hitting a water park.) :)

So this brings up the question of doing they actually check your room key when someone uses the CBR entrance to VB?

We never went over to VB during our stay last week (as it was a bit cooler than we prefer when hitting a water park.) :)

So this brings up the question of doing they actually check your room key when someone uses the CBR entrance to VB?

I asked the question on Orlando Informers Facebook Group - our plan was to walk over to CB for breakfast and then enter through the CB entrance. I was told that this entrance is only for CB guests and that room keys were checked. Honestly, I find it a bit ridiculous. Loews/Universal is usually very open to guests moving around the resort - pool hopping, etc. To my knowledge they don't check room keys on the water taxis which I have heard many guests from CB walk over to SF to take, so...

They checked our room key each of the four times we went while staying at Cabana Bay last year. I'm not sure if they relaxed that any. I think the bigger worry was not from Sapphire guest coming over as it was from people parking in the Cabana Bay day lot and trying to walk in from there. It also coincided with them raising the day parking rates at Cabana Bay to be higher than anywhere else on the resort.

I asked the question on Orlando Informers Facebook Group - our plan was to walk over to CB for breakfast and then enter through the CB entrance. I was told that this entrance is only for CB guests and that room keys were checked. Honestly, I find it a bit ridiculous. Loews/Universal is usually very open to guests moving around the resort - pool hopping, etc. To my knowledge they don't check room keys on the water taxis which I have heard many guests from CB walk over to SF to take, so...

Hopefully, when Adventura opens up, they will have a walkway from the back of there that goes to the tunnel under the road. Would be a much easier walk from Sapphire that way. Haven't seen a definite on that either way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter