Walking, walking, walking

We always take two pairs for shoes. When it rains it normally takes at LEAST 24 hours for the shoes to completely dry so this will allow for dry shoes. Wet shoes and lots of walking is not a good idea! What ever shoes you walk in all the time in at home are good shoes for you to be walking in at the parks. Break them in before you go.

Do not forget the other part of this show issue you. I see a lot of people during out trips who were just worn out by walking. Even if you only work up to 4 or 5 miles a day you can save yourself a lot of pain.

Croc Athens are my favorite. I also use moleskin for certain spots on my feet that I sometimes get blisters. I wear the moleskin from day 1 even before a blister shows up.

I agree with all the advice re: 2 pairs of shoes! Alternating is v. kind to your feet.

I have very high arches and as a result have a bit of arthritis in my one foot. So I need really great support for my shoes.... For sandals, I like Birkenstock and Naot. As for 'sneakers,' Ecco Biom and Oboz. Oboz are hiking shoes that are waterproof.... I love them and would highly recommend if you are going in a stormier or winter month. I'd prob skip for a May trip.

Whatever you end up getting - definitely break them in.

Do not forget the other part of this show issue you. I see a lot of people during out trips who were just worn out by walking. Even if you only work up to 4 or 5 miles a day you can save yourself a lot of pain.
Walking the distance at disney is going to be hard on anyone not USED to walking that amount. Good idea to get some practice in before hand if it's not something you normally do.

Hey Disney pros! We're planning a 10 day Disney trip in May. We haven't been in ages and I'm terrified of the crazy blisters and achy feet and backs. What are your favorite shoes for trekking parks all day everyday? I've worn Skechers GoWalks in the past. Are these still good?

I heard a lot of about Crocs Capri Flip flops, I bought a pair and they are quite comfy! No experience yet if they are good for long periods of walking I've only worn them around the house (it's -31 C here right now, not exactly flip flop weather). lol.

Walking the distance at disney is going to be hard on anyone not USED to walking that amount. Good idea to get some practice in before hand if it's not something you normally do.
I make my daughter walk with me at least 4 miles a day 2 months before vacation. With the job I and exercise regimen I walk between 12 and 15 miles a day.

We alternate shoes. It truly does save our feet during a longer visit. I like to wear my Brooks running shoes and my
Keens.

I agree about the alternating shoes. That being said, I have really bad feet and not great hips. I also HATE when my feet get hot plus I'm super prone to hot spots in tennis shoes. I will sweat to death at WDW if I wear sneakers, even on fairly mild days. I've found that my favorite shoes hands down have been Teva Verra sandals. I even wore them to the beach where they got wet and sandy. I've never had a shoe get wet that didn't give me blisters (even so called water shoes). But my Tevas were like I was wearing completely dry shoes even when they were soaking wet. DH positively lives in tennis shoes, but even he prefers his nicer Tevas for the parks.

I used to be a strict running sneaker person until last year. Got a couple different sandals to try out and the Crocs Isabella T straps are sooooo much more comfortable. I am a runner so I’m used to the mileage but after a day of walking around in sneakers, my feet would still ache. With the Crocs sandals, I had zero aches and was overall less fatigued feeling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter