Walmart Grocery Delivery

We used the code FRESHCAR in mid Oct, so I think it is around for awhile.
We didn't have anything cancelled, but had substitutions. They were okay, but would have preferred the items we wanted.

We used the code FRESHCAR in mid Oct, so I think it is around for awhile.
We didn't have anything cancelled, but had substitutions. They were okay, but would have preferred the items we wanted.
That's good to know that the code will probably work next week. It's also good to know they substitute things instead of just cancelling.

That's good to know that the code will probably work next week. It's also good to know they substitute things instead of just cancelling.
Walmart claims they will substitute with equal or better quality items for the same price as the item ordered. If unhappy, they offer refunds, but you have to be in store for that, defeating the point of delivery.

Walmart claims they will substitute with equal or better quality items for the same price as the item ordered. If unhappy, they offer refunds, but you have to be in store for that, defeating the point of delivery.
We are getting some pretty basic stuff, so I'm sure we won't be unhappy with substitutions. I just don't want to be left with nothing. The only thing I might be picky about is my hairspray.

I was looking on Walmart’s grocery website to see if they deliver to Animal Kingdom Villas. To my pleasant surprise delivery was an option. Our trip is not for several months and I am hoping this is in fact the case.
How far in advance do you need to order?

It's probably best to wait to order so the stock will reflect the store inventory better. The shopper pulls right from the shelves. Fewer substitutions this way.
(Remember the rush of local shoppers that always descend upon grocery stores on Saturday. Happens in Orlando too ;) )

I'll be ordering on wednesday night or thursday morning for friday.

Just so people know, this is the same system they use for their "drop-off" pickup. We use that at home and it works awfully slick. Simply putting a delivery in place is genius on their part. Also, our Sam's Club put up signage that I saw on my last trip there that they will deliver your order in 2 hours using instacart. So I would assume you could get that service around WDW too.

I just tried to place a large order at walmart and before checkout they said they cannot deliver the following items (which was my beer/wine) - they must no longer deliver alcohol?

I just tried to place a large order at walmart and before checkout they said they cannot deliver the following items (which was my beer/wine) - they must no longer deliver alcohol?

Walmart never did deliver alcohol, not even if you were there to sign for the delivery in person. You need to use Amazon Prime Now, instacart, wegoshop or garden grocer. Of those only garden grocer has a system where you can send you id info ahead of time and they will leave the items with bell services.

Hello,

I used Walmart grocery for a trip that we did this past December. I was so excited because the prices were lower than other places. Unfortunately, Walmart ships from different places and I ended up with 4 packages sent from different locations and different days. Disney charges $5.00 for each package and I ended up spending $20.00. The kicker was that one of the packages only contained a jar of salsa. If you use Walmart, hope you have better luck.

This happened to me as well. I had to pay for 3 packages.

I believe this will happen if you shop at walmart.com. If you are shopping for grocery delivery you should shop at grocery.walmart.com Those groceries will be delivered to bell services by a service such as doordash.

Here is a full write up on Walmart Grocery. I hope this helps. I had a lot of trouble finding info on Walmart Grocery Delivery Service so I did it myself and asked all the questions so I could put together some good info for the DIS.

Walmart Grocery

grocery.walmart.com

•Minimum Order: $30

•Fees: $9.95 next day $7.95 2-6 days out (can’t place order more than a week out)

◦Tipping is optional but encouraged

•Alcohol: NO

•Delivery to Bell Services: Yes

•PROS: Inventory doesn’t change much, you can place items in your cart well ahead of time and continue to modify then place your order a few days before you arrive, after that modifications can still be made until the day before delivery

• Pricing is lower than other options. Also there are often coupons for free delivery with $50 order or $10 off order.
•CONS: phone call to confirm delivery, if you don’t answer the call delivery will be delayed or cancelled. No alcohol delivery

•Other Info: Before shopping enter the address of the resort you are going to and then choose the Walmart store closest to your hotel. Upon check out there is an area for notes. If you want them to delivery to bell services because you will not be there in person to receive the delivery, Most importantly and as the first thing, your note should say “DELIVER TO BELL SERVICES AT XXXXX RESORT”. Then enter the name of the lead guest on your hotel reservation and your check in date and expected arrival time. If you are already there and have a room number, include that info as well.

On the day of your delivery you will get a phone call approximately 1.5-3 hours before your delivery window. They are calling to confirm someone will be home to accept the delivery. Just say yes someone will be there. You do not need to explain the bell services delivery, they will not understand what you are talking about and will argue with you.

If you are having groceries delivered on the day you fly in keep this phone call in mind. You do not want to miss it so try not to have that 1.5-3 hour before delivery phone call time fall while you will be in the air or hustling to grab your bags.

Your order will be delivered by a driver service like doordash. You will get a text when your delivery has been made. Then shortly after you will get a phone call from Walmart confirming that you received your order. If you have not yet seen your groceries with your own eyes tell Walmart that you have not been home yet to confirm you got all the items in your delivery and get a number to call them back at to confirm once you have checked that you got all your items.

Once at your resort and in your room, call down to bell services and ask them to bring up your Walmart delivery. They may be overrun with grocery deliveries so getting the groceries up to your room may take a while. I recommend giving them about a half hour and then calling back down to them to make sure they were able to find them. If they seem to be having trouble it is best to go down to bell services in person and have them take you in the back room to see the orders so you can identify which one is yours. The notes with the guest name sometimes get confused and they don’t know whose is whose. They will still bring them to your room for you. Be sure to tip bell services well and once you have gotten your groceries go into your e-mail and find the e-mail with your receipt, from there you can tip the driver that delivered the groceries.

Last edited:
Here is a full write up on Walmart Grocery. I hope this helps. I had a lot of trouble finding info on Walmart Grocery Delivery Service so I did it myself and asked all the questions so I could put together some good info for the DIS.

Walmart Grocery

grocery.walmart.com

•Minimum Order: $30

•Fees: $9.95 next day $7.95 2-6 days out (can’t place order more than a week out)

◦Tipping is optional but encouraged

•Alcohol: NO

•Delivery to Bell Services: Yes

•PROS: Inventory doesn’t change much, you can place items in your cart well ahead of time and continue to modify then place your order a few days before you arrive, after that modifications can still be made until the day before delivery

• Pricing is lower than other options. Also there are often coupons for free delivery with $50 order or $10 off order.
•CONS: phone call to confirm delivery, if you don’t answer the call delivery will be delayed or cancelled. No alcohol delivery

•Other Info: Before shopping enter the address of the resort you are going to and then choose the Walmart store closest to your hotel. Upon check out there is an area for notes. If you want them to delivery to bell services because you will not be there in person to receive the delivery, Most importantly and as the first thing, your note should say “DELIVER TO BELL SERVICES AT XXXXX RESORT”. Then enter the name of the lead guest on your hotel reservation and your check in date and expected arrival time. If you are already there and have a room number, include that info as well.

On the day of your delivery you will get a phone call approximately 1.5-3 hours before your delivery window. They are calling to confirm someone will be home to accept the delivery. Just say yes someone will be there. You do not need to explain the bell services delivery, they will not understand what you are talking about and will argue with you.

If you are having groceries delivered on the day you fly in keep this phone call in mind. You do not want to miss it so try not to have that 1.5-3 hour before delivery phone call time fall while you will be in the air or hustling to grab your bags.

Your order will be delivered by a driver service like doordash. You will get a text when your delivery has been made. Then shortly after you will get a phone call from Walmart confirming that you received your order. If you have not yet seen your groceries with your own eyes tell Walmart that you have not been home yet to confirm you got all the items in your delivery and get a number to call them back at to confirm once you have checked that you got all your items.

Once at your resort and in your room, call down to bell services and ask them to bring up your Walmart delivery. They may be overrun with grocery deliveries so getting the groceries up to your room may take a while. I recommend giving them about a half hour and then calling back down to them to make sure they were able to find them. If they seem to be having trouble it is best to go down to bell services in person and have them take you in the back room to see the orders so you can identify which one is yours. The notes with the guest name sometimes get confused and they don’t know whose is whose. They will still bring them to your room for you. Be sure to tip bell services well and once you have gotten your groceries go into your e-mail and find the e-mail with your receipt, from there you can tip the driver that delivered the groceries.
How does tipping the driver work exactly?

Also can you meet the delivery person without having to go through bell services? We are planning on hanging out in the Wilderness Lodge lobby after we arrive. How would that work if we just wanted to meet them ourselves?

We never got a phone call before or after delivery
They delivered to our door

I believe this will happen if you shop at walmart.com. If you are shopping for grocery delivery you should shop at grocery.walmart.com Those groceries will be delivered to bell services by a service such as doordash.
Thanks Cheryl. Good to know. Mine however, was from Amazon prime pantry. I am no longer using that service.

We are planning on using Walmart groceries in our upcoming trip in January! My sister is still hesitant and asks how reliable is the service? They will leave the order with Bell Services? We are booked at Seratoga, so we are pretty close to some stores. Which one do you suggest? Thanks!

How does tipping the driver work exactly?

Also can you meet the delivery person without having to go through bell services? We are planning on hanging out in the Wilderness Lodge lobby after we arrive. How would that work if we just wanted to meet them ourselves?

I'm sure you could meet the driver at a place other than bell services, anywhere they can pull their vehicle up easily should work. If you are meeting them you can tip cash or you always have the option of tipping through the link you get in your e-mail receipt. That tip gets billed to the credit card you used to pay for your grocery order.

We never got a phone call before or after delivery
They delivered to our door

Where were you staying? I can see at a resort like Old Key West they could deliver to your door but at most other resorts that doesn't seem logistically possible. They need to be able to bring their vehicle near to where they are dropping off the groceries. I am surprised Walmart did not call either before or after. My personal experience and that of the 4 or 5 people I have spoken with who have all used this Walmart Grocery in the past month to deliver to a Disney Resort said they got the calls. If I had not received the call I had the phone number and was prepared to call them to make sure my delivery didn't get postponed or cancelled. If you have used Walmart delivery in the past for at home I would make sure you have your cell number in there and not your home number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter