Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary News

Status
Not open for further replies.

rteetz

DIS Veteran
As we march towards the Walt Disney World 50th anniversary on October 1st, 2021 a lot of details still remain. A lot of uncertainty is right alongside that as well. We do know some things and this thread will be a catchall for 50th anniversary news and discussion.

yu34khjgyeguv-624x352.jpg

Updates

https://www.wdwmagic.com/attraction...n-the-new-look-walt-disney-world-gateways.htm
Magic Kingdom Parking Plaza Repainting Continues with Marquee Logo Work

Concept Art Released for New Walt Disney World Archways

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...dy-to-welcome-you-back-to-magic-kingdom-park/
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/50th-anniversary/

Last edited:
I have everything set for 12/6/21 - 12/16/21. We have never been there in late Fall. This is our Honeymoon and it will be great to see 50th stuff and see Disney decorated for the holidays. We moved everything from Spring/Summer 2021 to late Fall.

Tickets and park ressies are made. I will be at rope drop 10/1/21.

Have to wait a couple of more days to book my room at Wilderness lodger DVC. At 7 months will try to get 2 nights at blt so i just walk over.

:dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer:

Taking my nephew’s family, including 2 little ones, for their first trip Dec. 2021. Had scheduled for this December, but .....Covid. Now my single sister is coming along, too. I’ll be watching this thread closely.

Looking forward to this! Hotel and park reservations are made. Big family trip with the kids, my mom, and my siblings.

I was able to book a "safety" reservation for September 30th, but was going to have to change rooms after the first night. My wait-list just came through and has been merged into our existing reservation! :banana:

I'm dating myself again, but I was at WDW for the 5th anniversary (not actually on October 1st, but that year) and now we'll be there for the 50th!!!

Here's hoping Tron is up and running by then.

I was there for the 15th anniversary in the October month. Have the pin to prove it. It was so much fun.

I was able to book a "safety" reservation for September 30th, but was going to have to change rooms after the first night. My wait-list just came through and has been merged into our existing reservation! :banana:

View attachment 536925

I'm dating myself again, but I was at WDW for the 5th anniversary (not actually on October 1st, but that year) and now we'll be there for the 50th!!!

View attachment 536925

Really dating myself but I was there during the first year the MK opened. So ready for the 50th

Currently booked for 11/30-12/8/21 at ASMo (hoping to switch to BCV when that becomes available) because I want to see WDW at Christmas, and hopefully also get in on some anniversary excitement.

Bit the bullet and went ahead and booked my family's Christmas trip for next year. Staying in the Lion King suite, park reservations all booked. Anniversary and we've never been for Christmas. We'll hit up Universal too, of course.

I'm hoping that by the time December rolls around, the reservations won't be needed, because a year out, you just kinda guess your park days. Also hoping that everything is just back to normal in general. I need the parades and nighttime shows plus the Christmas party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!