Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary News

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don’t think they’ll be doing anything to the castle. The new pain scheme is too new to go covering that up for an extended period of time.

There was a report from one of the sources that they would be adding some extra golden decorations - nothing huge but just sort of complete the look/make it a bit fancier

That and more character statues around the park were now going to be the big decoration additions for the 50th

Mickey Views has reported numerous times that changes were coming to the castle for the 50th. Nothing extravagant, but definitely some added decorations

Mickey Views has reported numerous times that changes were coming to the castle for the 50th. Nothing extravagant, but definitely some added decorations

iirc Disneyland put a “badge“ on the castle For their anniversary. I could see something similar done on wdw as well.

My wife loved it, I hated it. The Disney experience in microcosm, LOL.
Was rummaging about on another board and found the 25th anniversary special:
25 Walt Disney World 25th Anniversary TV Special

'97 was about the time we started going to WDW. I don't think we got there in time for the "castle cake". Yeah, it was a commercial. But, it mentions a lot of attractions and live stuff that doesn't exist anymore. Would love to know how they did the castle -- was that fiberglass or some other material? Does it still exist somewhere?

I could totally see a projection show that made the castle look like that.

'97 was about the time we started going to WDW. I don't think we got there in time for the "castle cake". Yeah, it was a commercial. But, it mentions a lot of attractions and live stuff that doesn't exist anymore. Would love to know how they did the castle -- was that fiberglass or some other material? Does it still exist somewhere?

I know some of it was fiberglass. A lot was paint.

As we march towards the Walt Disney World 50th anniversary on October 1st, 2021 a lot of details still remain. A lot of uncertainty is right alongside that as well. We do know some things and this thread will be a catchall for 50th anniversary news and discussion.

View attachment 534963

Updates

https://www.wdwmagic.com/attraction...n-the-new-look-walt-disney-world-gateways.htm
Magic Kingdom Parking Plaza Repainting Continues with Marquee Logo Work

Concept Art Released for New Walt Disney World Archways

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...dy-to-welcome-you-back-to-magic-kingdom-park/
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/50th-anniversary/
Just realized WDW 50th is my and DW 50th anniversary. We have booked Disney Cruise.

I saw on ebay recently someone selling a "blow up" piece of the cake castle. Whether that is real or not, I have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter