Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the June 1st is the date Disney is letting new bookings happen and whatnot. Forgetting the modeling, etc, you have to figure if things are remotely okay, they want the parks open for the 4th of July, right? The symbolism (yeah, Disney = freedom from repression and people not wanting ot pay their taxes) of being open on that day would be huge.

Maybe. I was surprised by that. I think it might be a bit early to extend that far out. Certainly we may all get there soon but I think the end of April is a good point for now and then extend again as needed.
I live in VA too, just outside DC, and my family was definitely thrown off by the June date our governor issued, seems kind of distant of a date (but our schools closed through the end of the year what seems like weeks ago at this point). Just learned this morning Maryland and DC also issued shelter in place orders (but they don't have the June date, Maryland's is unclear and DC's is 4/24 if I understand correctly).

It looks like we'll be definitely canceling our May trip at this point...I knew it was inevitable, but still didn't wanna do it!

That may be a problem for some people. Park food is not cheap.
If they do that in Paris people would starve, considering how few restaurants they have usually open. I already literally walked out of the park there, just so I can eat without waiting in a line that is longer than any ride queue.

Anyways, I see absolutely no reason for such a policy change.

Mine are gone as well. Does anyone know if this means they will issue a refund automatically or do I still need to call?

They will issue a refund automatically. The timing of it is unknown at the moment, still waiting on specific reports (I assume it will be soon, and also refunds usually have some variability person to person as its dependent on your bank/credit card as well). Will come back here and post if anyone posts anything on other tracking threads.

Interesting short article related to WDW and opening, but really nothing new (except the Universal/WDW relationship to me).

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs...e-what-to-expect-but-neither-does-anyone-else

Takeaway from that article it will take at least 2-4 weeks to open back up, even once they are clear do so, and that is with normal staffing and a limited opening, Might take longer with cast members moving away from Orlando and international cast members not being able to enter the country. Mid July, August is looking more realistic.

NEWS

Construction projects at Disney defunded, layoffs underway

Just something I heard and can pass along to go with this since the news has been released now. The space restaurant will also be defunded, play place put on hold, revamp of spaceship earth delayed, harmonious delayed, uk dark ride defunded cancelled for now, star wars hotel defunded. Priority projects ratatouille, tron, gotg, and epcot spine. Moana is cheap and can be done.

Just something I heard and can pass along to go with this since the news has been released now. The space restaurant will also be defunded, play place put on hold, revamp of spaceship earth delayed, harmonious delayed, uk dark ride defunded cancelled for now, star wars hotel defunded. Priority projects ratatouille, tron, gotg, and epcot spine. Moana is cheap and can be done.

This is totally in line with my thinking.

UK wasn’t a dark ride... that I know for sure. Also was having several issues before all of this.

For how long? Just during the shut down? Or... are basically all non-finished projects now in danger of being significantly delayed? (as in they won't be started up again until some day in the future when Disney financially recovers)?
I would imagine it all depends. They obviously can’t leave the entirety of future world ripped up and behind walls forever. At the same time though the grand plans they had may not happen anytime soon.

I thought the space restaurant was almost ready to open.

Takeaway from that article it will take at least 2-4 weeks to open back up, even once they are clear do so, and that is with normal staffing and a limited opening, Might take longer with cast members moving away from Orlando and international cast members not being able to enter the country. Mid July, August is looking more realistic.

I believe it been said on here that the next wave of CMs was supposed to arrive on May 15th..correct? If that is the case then a 2 week training with a resort soft open a few days before the parks open could be what WDW is hoping for in a best case scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter