Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is it a lot of judgement? Universal had no issues updating people. To me it looks bad in Disney the longer they delay it.
Not sure what Universal updating people has to do with Disney?
Universal gave you their plan.
Disney has a different plan.
Different companies. They dont have to do things together.

They maybe different companies but they are in the same market place. One company is looking better for doing what they did, while the other is dragging their feet.

They maybe different companies but they are in the same market place. One company is looking better for doing what they did, while the other is dragging their feet.
Or being thorough and complete. Dragging their feet is an assumption

It's much better for Disney to wait and make one announcement about the future plans/dates/ than to have to make multiple statements, which can more easily be misunderstood, misquoted, and confused. A lot goes into figuring out all the logistics for a company as large as Disney. This is a new situation for everyone including them. Managing something that large, effectively, and fairly, and with the best possible outcome for public safety, health, and economic impact cannot be easy.

It's much better for Disney to wait and make one announcement about the future plans/dates/ than to have to make multiple statements, which can more easily be misunderstood, misquoted, and confused. A lot goes into figuring out all the logistics for a company as large as Disney. This is a new situation for everyone including them. Managing something that large, effectively, and fairly, and with the best possible outcome for public safety, health, and economic impact cannot be easy.
True
Plus Universal has what? 2 1/2 parks, 5 hotels and a shopping center?

Disney is MUCH more complicated to coordinate

Last edited:
My thoughts exactly - Disney is extremely larger in terms of hotels, restaurants, shops, parks. I for one am not mad at them but then again I don't have a trip booked. I can understand the restlessness and I may feel differently if I had a trip booked.

True
Plus Universal has what? 2 1/2 parks, 5 hotels and a shopping center?

Disney is MUCH more complicated to coordinate

8 hotels now. Plus they coordinated with Universal Hollywood. Even Knott's Berry farm announced their extension already. Either way though Disney is a bit behind on updates just means more red tape for them (And DCL). SeaWorld/Busch haven't updated yet either.

My thoughts exactly - Disney is extremely larger in terms of hotels, restaurants, shops, parks. I for one am not mad at them but then again I don't have a trip booked. I can understand the restlessness and I may feel differently if I had a trip booked.

Yeah my trip wasn't until Aptil 16th and I was getting nervous and wanting an answer and am glad I got my answer. If I had a trip in a week I'd be really agitated at not knowing for sure.

8 hotels now. Plus they coordinated with Universal Hollywood. Even Knott's Berry farm announced their extension already. Either way though Disney is a bit behind on updates just means more red tape for them (And DCL). SeaWorld/Busch haven't updated yet either.

Neither has six flags.

Florida is shutting down the state, I think anyone with early April reservations should do whatever they can now to get their money back.

Disney will of course work with their customers, but renting points through DVC's, staying off-premise from WDW, flights, car rentals etc - these people should be working on refunds.

Florida is shutting down the state, I think anyone with early April reservations should do whatever they can now to get their money back.

Disney will of course work with their customers, but renting points through DVC's, staying off-premise from WDW, flights, car rentals etc - these people should be working on refunds.

It is not always possible to work on refunds for things like this UNTIL WDW announces that they are shutting down. This is the unfortunate Catch-22 that we are dealing with.

I have reservations (hotel, dining, AK AH all fully paid) April 5-8. I don’t expect
Disney to be open, but haven’t cancelled because I didn’t want to bug my travel agent assuming that if Disney closed they would automatically refund me. If I opted to cancel now, will disney refund me for my AK After hours tix for April 7? Or do I need to wait till they say that they will close?

I have reservations (hotel, dining, AK AH all fully paid) April 5-8. I don’t expect
Disney to be open, but haven’t cancelled because I didn’t want to bug my travel agent assuming that if Disney closed they would automatically refund me. If I opted to cancel now, will disney refund me for my AK After hours tix for April 7? Or do I need to wait till they say that they will close?

I think you should just wait until Disney makes the official decision. I don't believe they are refunding hard tickets until they officially close, but I could be mistaken about that.

Universal has traditionally always followed Disney in these kind of announcements. It was very surprising to see Universal be first last night.

I had tickets to MK and AK after hours for 6 people all in early April and WDW did refund me the prices and that was several weeks ago.

I know this is stressful, but rest assured that you'll get your money back for everything. It will be easier and cleaner for your TA if you wait until they officially announce that they will be extending the closure.. Personally, I have been asking my clients to wait if they can while also telling them that I am happy to cancel everything now for them if they need the money ASAP. I know it's small potatoes when we look at the suffering that's happening across the globe, but I'm so sorry that your trip isn't going to happen :(.

Even when it does open there will be mixed emotions. People will say "you're nuts for going" and others will say "I am going cant stop me"

Everyone is just going to have to live with the decisions people make. Nothing we can do about it.
Yeah, when I first started posting about how bad this was going to get in January back when it was still just affecting China there were posters gleefully posting that they were happy this would reduce disney crowd sizes. Some people are just inconsiderate jerks. Now I think some of those people who were gleefully bragging that this was going to bring down their crowd sizes ended up having their vacations cancelled, becuase they had late march trips planned, so I guess karma got them in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!