Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Has anyone ever had the option to pay to upgrade at check in (at any of the properties - SR, S, or D). I used to be Marriott plat and am now just a gold, and we would regularly get upgrades to one of the suites at SR or a room w/balcony at S&D. We will be traveling with our 3 year old who is a prompt 7pm sleeper, and it would be nice to have the balcony to sit on when she goes down. We are definitely willing to pay and it seems all of these rooms are available for our dates in mid-May right now (we are planning on using a cert to book a basic room on points). Thanks for any insight/experience!

@rosie5189 it was VERY common during the days S/D was a Starwood owned property. Now the way things are run it seems less common, and more you get what you initially boked. It might be worth calling in-house reservations now to see if you can get an upgrade at a reasonable cost or just wait till you check-in. Talking with the Call Center team is probably not the best bet to get an upgrade, paid or points.

@rosie5189 it was VERY common during the days S/D was a Starwood owned property. Now the way things are run it seems less common, and more you get what you initially boked. It might be worth calling in-house reservations now to see if you can get an upgrade at a reasonable cost or just wait till you check-in. Talking with the Call Center team is probably not the best bet to get an upgrade, paid or points.
Thanks so much - I'm going to give in-house at SR and Swan a ring today to see if this is something they still do!

Has anyone ever had the option to pay to upgrade at check in (at any of the properties - SR, S, or D). I used to be Marriott plat and am now just a gold, and we would regularly get upgrades to one of the suites at SR or a room w/balcony at S&D. We will be traveling with our 3 year old who is a prompt 7pm sleeper, and it would be nice to have the balcony to sit on when she goes down. We are definitely willing to pay and it seems all of these rooms are available for our dates in mid-May right now (we are planning on using a cert to book a basic room on points). Thanks for any insight/experience!
I always check in at the desk, and they usually ask me if I want to upgrade. When Starwood managed the properties, I often got upgraded for free. Not anymore.

Has anyone ever had the option to pay to upgrade at check in (at any of the properties - SR, S, or D).
Yes we have asked at the Front desk at the Swan and an upgrade was offered to a balcony room for $20 or $50 per night depending on what type of room we had originally booked.
We are definitely willing to pay and it seems all of these rooms are available for our dates in mid-May right now (we are planning on using a cert to book a basic room on points).
In your case you should book a balcony room on points or live with a basic room (Traditional). Between Mothers day until Memorial Day week a large number of Florida residents tend to book with short notice to take advantage before their AP Blackout window hits for summer in June.

Dave

In your case you should book a balcony room on points or live with a basic room (Traditional). Between Mothers day until Memorial Day week a large number of Florida residents tend to book with short notice to take advantage before their AP Blackout window hits for summer in June.

Dave
I don’t see any blackouts for June for Pixie Pass/FL resident APs this summer. Just the standard weekend and Memorial Day & July 4th blocks.

Are there other FL resident tickets blocked out?

2nd trip to WDW (1st Oct. 2017 YC) Staying at Swan Reserve mid July. We all agreed that it seems to be the best room option with the 2 bedroom signature suite split floorplan since the kids are now young adults. Another perk it seems to be quiet and the pool tranquil.

Couldn’t find much information on transportation from Swan Reserve to Magic Kingdom or Disney Springs. Except to walk over to neighboring resorts of BW or YC, however keep it on the down low. Is this the way? Any tips there?

Any dining recommendations at Swan Reserve? Would to be nice to check-in and not have to go too far on arrival/travel day since it’s 9 hours airports/plane ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter