Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Can I buy distilled water at the Dolphin? I am arriving on Monday and need it for my CPAP machine[

IDK. I can't imagine you would be their first guest who needs distilled water for that reason. I would ask at the concierge desk, however, if I wanted to have it taken care of before I got there, I would try to get it at a supermarket on my way to the hotel.

There are town car services that will include a grocery stop, and you'll have to arrange transportation anyhow because no Magical Express.

Have a nice trip. :)

Thank you all for the great information on this thread. I have tried searching it and so far I have not found the answer to this question. Please forgive me if the answer is in here somewhere.

Can I buy distilled water at the Dolphin? I am arriving on Monday and need it for my CPAP machine.

Thanks!
Sorry, I don't know if the Dolphin carries it, but you can buy one gal. of distilled water for $2.99 at the Screen Door General Store on the Boardwalk. It's about a 10 minute boat ride there or a 10-12 minute walk.

What is the opaque description on priceline for this resort?

I wish I could remember, but it was 6 months ago and with all our daughter's wedding plans we were making it got confusing!! I do remember putting "Lake Buena Vista" in the search box and I believe the description for both Swan & Dolphin was listed as a "Bonnet Creek" resort. If I remember any other info, I will post it here. Sorry I'm not much help.

Just back from the Dolphin. I apologize, I got no photos of the prices of things at Fuel! Many of the grab and gos were quite pricey ($15 for six pack of beer) but you pay for the convenience. I did use Safeway Delivery service, I met the driver outside of the lobby and picked up my groceries. Excellent service, they don't accept tips. He called me when he was 15 mins out, I said I would meet him in the lobby and he said to meet him outside. He parked in the taxi stand area. When he pulled up he said, "I don't know if they are going to let me park here, they don't let us come inside." I brought down an empty suitcase and filled it up. The driver was very courteous and helpful and helped me load my bags into the suitcase. Worked great. Saved me a ton of money. They have everything you can possibly need through the Safeway online grocery service (including alcohol). You can even select a 1 hour delivery window, the whole thing is FREE and they have a $20 off your first order coupon on the website. Win win all around.
FUEL: we loved the frozen yogurt topping bar. Did that a couple times. Especially like the dulce de leche and apple pie flavors.
There is a microwave in Fuel. Found that out on the last day after I had been trekking down to Picabu from my room on the East side of the building. Oh well.:confused3 (i purchased Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches - the frozen ones and just put them in the fridge- and heated them up in the mornings).
Picabu: As always, we love the taqueria. Best bargain is to get the kids size tacos (plenty - 2 instead of 3, and chips and salsa!) - we love the carnitas. And use your AAA discount. My husband & I bought 2 kids size tacos and a guac for ourselves for dinner. We were full and it cost only $13 for both with the discount! Cheapest dinner ever!!
All around the service was excellent. Our housekeepers went above and beyond (two kids - one who is a toddler and quite messy) and they really did an excellent job keeping the room clean (we tidied up everyday when we left but they did a great job with the cleaning portion). The only thing I'll say is that sometimes housekeeping didn't come until 3:30 or later.

Room was ready when we arrived (thankfully!!) at around 3:30 on a Sunday. This was our second stay on points, we had a Resort View Balcony room (1,000 point upgrade). There was a Toys R US convention when we were there and many of them were waiting for their rooms. We requested an Epcot view but got a Tower of Terror view instead, which was absolutely fine! We had Epcot last time so it was nice to have something different this time and we got to see different fireworks.

The renovations are lovely. As always, we loved the pools. We do a pool day in the middle of the week and there are so many activities (basketball, ping pong, playground) to keep the kids entertained.

I really have nothing but good things to say about our stay. It was excellent. Buses were prevalent... we walked right on many of them (either at the Dolphin or at the parks) and only a couple times did we wait (less than 15 mins).

We will be back for sure next year.

Include hoppers in your pricing. If you stay at an EP resort and don't get hoppers, you're doing it wrong. (imo.)
YASSS THIS. I never hopped before staying at the Dolphin (when you are at other resorts it takes so much time with the buses). We hopped everyday, mostly to Epcot for dinner. Go to one park in the morning, back to hotel to rest/swim... to another park for dinner.

Last edited:

Just back from the Dolphin. I apologize, I got no photos of the prices of things at Fuel! Many of the grab and gos were quite pricey ($15 for six pack of beer) but you pay for the convenience. I did use Safeway Delivery service, I met the driver outside of the lobby and picked up my groceries. Excellent service, they don't accept tips. He called me when he was 15 mins out, I said I would meet him in the lobby and he said to meet him outside. He parked in the taxi stand area. When he pulled up he said, "I don't know if they are going to let me park here, they don't let us come inside." I brought down an empty suitcase and filled it up. The driver was very courteous and helpful and helped me load my bags into the suitcase. Worked great. Saved me a ton of money. They have everything you can possibly need through the Safeway online grocery service (including alcohol). You can even select a 1 hour delivery window, the whole thing is FREE and they have a $20 off your first order coupon on the website. Win win all around.
FUEL: we loved the frozen yogurt topping bar. Did that a couple times. Especially like the dulce de leche and apple pie flavors.
There is a microwave in Fuel. Found that out on the last day after I had been trekking down to Picabu from my room on the East side of the building. Oh well.:confused3 (i purchased Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches - the frozen ones and just put them in the fridge- and heated them up in the mornings).
Picabu: As always, we love the taqueria. Best bargain is to get the kids size tacos (plenty - 2 instead of 3, and chips and salsa!) - we love the carnitas. And use your AAA discount. My husband & I bought 2 kids size tacos and a guac for ourselves for dinner. We were full and it cost only $13 for both with the discount! Cheapest dinner ever!!
All around the service was excellent. Our housekeepers went above and beyond (two kids - one who is a toddler and quite messy) and they really did an excellent job keeping the room clean (we tidied up everyday when we left but they did a great job with the cleaning portion). The only thing I'll say is that sometimes housekeeping didn't come until 3:30 or later.

Room was ready when we arrived (thankfully!!) at around 3:30 on a Sunday. This was our second stay on points, we had a Resort View Balcony room (1,000 point upgrade). There was a Toys R US convention when we were there and many of them were waiting for their rooms. We requested an Epcot view but got a Tower of Terror view instead, which was absolutely fine! We had Epcot last time so it was nice to have something different this time and we got to see different fireworks.

The renovations are lovely. As always, we loved the pools. We do a pool day in the middle of the week and there are so many activities (basketball, ping pong, playground) to keep the kids entertained.

I really have nothing but good things to say about our stay. It was excellent. Buses were prevalent... we walked right on many of them (either at the Dolphin or at the parks) and only a couple times did we wait (less than 15 mins).

Awesome. Tyvm for all that info. We will be at Dolphin in December with our then 2 yr old and 7 yr old. You covered a lot of thing I had questions about. Glad to hear you had a great time!

Last edited:
YASSS THIS. I never hopped before staying at the Dolphin (when you are at other resorts it takes so much time with the buses). We hopped everyday, mostly to Epcot for dinner. Go to one park in the morning, back to hotel to rest/swim... to another park for dinner.
We hopped to 3 parks some days during Dolphin stay. During Food & Wine, lunch or dinner every day any Epcot. Hope to do same during Flower & Garden.

My wife and I just completed a 5 night stay at the Dolphin this past Sunday. I’m a Marriott/Starwood Gold member, and used points to book the reservation.

I love the newly renovated lobby area. Fuel was very nice, as was the bar in the center of the lobby. I picked up some pork belly bao on the way up to my room one night and they were delicious.

The newly renovated rooms are pretty nice as well, though they seemingly forgot to paint the inside of the bathroom door. Also, the bathroom was ridiculously small. I had to put one foot in the bathtub to be able to close the door.

To my surprise, our room was available for checkin at 8:30am.

During our stay we had several issues. Unfortunately, every time I called guest services to deal with the issues, I would spend 15-30 minutes on hold.

The night before checking out, I called and asked to speak to a manager. I was connected to Elizabeth. I laid out all of the issues that we had experienced during our stay. She didn’t hesitate to make it right. She took off all 5 nights worth of Resort fees, and refunded 11000 points (1 night worth) to my Starwood account.

Last edited:
My wife and I just completed a 5 night stay at the Dolphin this past Sunday. I’m a Marriott/Starwood Gold member, and used points to book the reservation.

I love the newly renovated lobby area. Fuel was very nice, as was the bar in the center of the lobby. I picked up some pork belly bao on the way up to my room one night and they were delicious.

The newly renovated rooms are pretty nice as well, though they seemingly forgot to paint the inside of the bathroom door. Also, the bathroom was ridiculously small. I had to put one foot in the bathtub to be able to close the door.

To my surprise, our room was available for checkin at 8:30am.

During our stay we had several issues. Unfortunately, every time I called guest services to deal with the issues, I would spend 15-30 minutes on hold.

The night before checking out, I called and asked to speak to a manager. I was connected to Elizabeth. I laid out all of the issues that we had experienced during our stay. She didn’t hesitate to make it right. She took off all 5 nights worth of Resort fees, and refunded 11000 points (1 night worth) to my Starwood account.

Sounds like a good manager! What issues did you encounter?

one more thing I forgot to add, and I wanted to note because it is a concern that has been raised here and one that I had this time around. I have a 20 month old who CAN NOT sleep in the same room as us. She sleeps in a crib, and whenever we are traveling and she is in the same room it is a nightmare because she can see us and she wants to get out of the crib. I had a couple ideas of how we could get around it, but this worked really well for us (I wish I had gotten a photo). My husband took one side of the bifold door of the closet off the track (we did not damage anything, we have these at home and know how they work), only partially so it was still hinged to the closet but so that it swung out into the room. It acted as a partition to the rest of the room (the door swung out to take up about half or 3/4 of the hallway). We put the crib in the closet perpendicular (so that the short end was up against the wall and the rest of the crib stretched out into the room). Then we had the closet door stretched out. it was just enough of a partition to give her her space and when she laid down she couldn't see the rest of the room. When we left we just reattached the other side of the door to the track on the top and bottom.

Wow, that's great. But in reality, that's what I would expect, or something similar. Good to hear.

one more thing I forgot to add, and I wanted to note because it is a concern that has been raised here and one that I had this time around. I have a 20 month old who CAN NOT sleep in the same room as us. She sleeps in a crib, and whenever we are traveling and she is in the same room it is a nightmare because she can see us and she wants to get out of the crib. I had a couple ideas of how we could get around it, but this worked really well for us (I wish I had gotten a photo). My husband took one side of the bifold door of the closet off the track (we did not damage anything, we have these at home and know how they work), only partially so it was still hinged to the closet but so that it swung out into the room. It acted as a partition to the rest of the room (the door swung out to take up about half or 3/4 of the hallway). We put the crib in the closet perpendicular (so that the short end was up against the wall and the rest of the crib stretched out into the room). Then we had the closet door stretched out. it was just enough of a partition to give her her space and when she laid down she couldn't see the rest of the room. When we left we just reattached the other side of the door to the track on the top and bottom.
Voila!!! Problem solved with a bit of ingenuity and creativity. Nice.

Great review! Thanks for the notes on the microwaves....very useful! and the grocery delivery,as long as you met them outside, you didn't have to pay a package delivery fee? this is awesome

Guests at the Swan and Dolphin this weekend are receiving the following message:
Greetings,

Thank you for choosing the Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin Resort as your home away from home this weekend! We are expecting your arrival and want to extend a few suggestions to make your stay more enjoyable.

We are celebrating our 8th Annual Food and Wine Classic this weekend and we know that many of you are ready to enjoy!

If you have not already purchased your tickets or if you need additional information please be sure to visit our desks in the lobby or on-line at:

www.swandolphinfoodandwineclassic.com; there is also a mobile app available for your convenience to use on the go!

There will be lots of activity (arrivals and departures) at our Resort both Friday and Saturday; unfortunately we do not anticipate early check-in to be available.

Please plan to enjoy your arrival day at the Resort participating in our one of our many activities/events or enjoying one of the world famous Walt Disney World Theme parks.

While on property if you need additional towels or a crib for the little one please connect with us through text at 407-545-6865. This is one of the most efficient and convenient ways to connect with our guest service teams instantaneously!

We look forward to your arrival and wish you a magical weekend experience!

Warmest Regards,

The Cast of the WDW Swan & Dolphin Resort

@Chisoxcollector thanks for checking in. :) I am sorry to hear that you had issues while you were there though.

It sounds like they compensated you appropriately for them, but I think most people would prefer not to encounter issues that they would need to spend time on the phone handling. That sounds like my job, frankly. I go on vacation to take a break from that.

Uber worked great for us. $20 I think, less if it's your first Uber/Lyft ride and you find a coupon. This time, we are doing 1 night at a Disney property, taking Magical Express then transferring to Dolphin.

Uber and Lyft are fantastic. highly recommend - especially if you are doing an EMM. No need to worry about any busses. No need to wake up early and hope the bus comes. Just take an uber to the Contemp for MK. You can practically order the car when you are leaving your room, and it'll be there when you get to the front door. Fantastic service, worth every penny. I wouldn't chance being late because of Disney transportation if you are paying for emm. No way. You want to be in line waiting to get in at 7:30 for emm.

We have a group of 6 (4 adults, 2 kids in boosters). What are our best options for getting to Swan from MCO? Two separate Ubers? One shuttle service?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter