Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

It's been my experience that the Swan/Dolphin buses run the same as all the other resort buses. There are good days and bad days.
I think the longest we waited for a bus was from MK back to the Dolphin and it was 30 minutes. I think the bus pulled away right before we came out of the gate or something... after 3 stays in the last year we never waited more the 20 minutes, usually more 5-15. And the buses were almost never full.

How has bus transportation from Dolphin to the parks been lately? Also, we want to go to TRex at Disney springs for lunch one day. Do the DS buses at Dolphin run pretty regularly or should we get an Uber (would have to get UberX with DD age 5). Thanks.
We used buses for our MK & AK days and had very little wait at all, less than 10 minutes. For our DS trip it seemed to take a lot longer, to the point we almost ordered a Lyft, but it finally came. Going back it was one of the fullest buses we had the entire trip. Do be aware that the buses are shared with Boardwalk/Swan/Dolphin - though I'm not sure if that is all the time or only when it slows down, but at least shared between S/D. S/D says that MK/AK/DS buses run every 20-25 minutes.

We used buses for our MK & AK days and had very little wait at all, less than 10 minutes. For our DS trip it seemed to take a lot longer, to the point we almost ordered a Lyft, but it finally came. Going back it was one of the fullest buses we had the entire trip. Do be aware that the buses are shared with Boardwalk/Swan/Dolphin - though I'm not sure if that is all the time or only when it slows down, but at least shared between S/D. S/D says that MK/AK/DS buses run every 20-25 minutes.

They don't always share with BW, I think I've only had them shared once and it was coming back from somewhere, maybe MK? I have waited as long as close to a hour for a bus at Dolphin, my last trip in Sept. we waited that long for a bus to AK early morning and it was so crowded they had to send two buses. The same trip I waited close to that time one morning for MK rope drop. Both of those buses were jammed packed full. I normally walk over to the Swan and catch the bus there since it's the first stop. All Disney buses are supposed to run every 20 min. it doesn't always work that way but that happens at every single resort on property.

I was curious if anyone has booked a Club Level qualifying room at Dolphin/Swan and has gone through the purchased FP process. Still deciding whether to book a suite combo for our November trip. Thanks!

I have not read of anyone doing this yet. I have read 3 posters here called the Swolphin and could not find anyone who knew what they were talking about. One of them even talked to DSS about it because they also had a CL stay at the Boardwalk and they had not heard about certain Swolphin Suites getting the perk. :confused3

Last edited:

I have not read of anyone doing this yet. I have read 3 posters here called the Swolphin and could not find anyone who knew what they were talking about. One of them even talked to DAD about it because they also had a CL stay at the Boardwalk and they had not heard about certain Swolphin Suites getting the perk. :confused3
Hm. Ok. Will be patient. We are hesitant to book a suite because it means we will have to sleep on the pull out (kids would get the bedroom). But, the extra FPs might be good for us. This is a “free” trip in a way since Dolphin is booked on points and flights were booked on points as well. We are looking to treat ourselves with an extra.

Hm. Ok. Will be patient. We are hesitant to book a suite because it means we will have to sleep on the pull out (kids would get the bedroom). But, the extra FPs might be good for us. This is a “free” trip in a way since Dolphin is booked on points and flights were booked on points as well. We are looking to treat ourselves with an extra.

If this doesn't work out, you could always book another extra. Maybe one of the tours where you get priority access to attractions?

Do they ever do face painting at the pool? I know they have hair wraps and such. DD really wants to get her face painted and Boardwalk doesn't have this. We might get to the place at DIsney Springs on our last day. Thanks.

Do they ever do face painting at the pool? I know they have hair wraps and such. DD really wants to get her face painted and Boardwalk doesn't have this. We might get to the place at DIsney Springs on our last day. Thanks.

The parks and Disney Springs are the only locations that do face painting.

The parks and Disney Springs are the only locations that do face painting.

That's too bad. Many years back my DS got his face painted like a tiger at HS, it was fun for him to be in the park with that face all day... lots of attention.

Edit.... ok just re read that post and see "the parks" ... sorry about that. :o

At the Disney Dolphin, do all the standard rooms come with just a shower? I'd rather not step into a tub. What exactly is an alcove room and are they always King Bed rooms?
Thanks for the help!

At the Disney Dolphin, do all the standard rooms come with just a shower?
I asked about this on here before our trip, was told all the double/queen rooms had the tub/shower, the Kings had the shower stalls. I'm not sure if its all the Kings or just the accessible rooms. You may want to verify with S/D. The Heavenly shower setup is pretty nice though!

At the Disney Dolphin, do all the standard rooms come with just a shower? I'd rather not step into a tub. What exactly is an alcove room and are they always King Bed rooms?
Thanks for the help!
I know for the Swan, a "Deluxe Alcove" (sometimes also referred to as a "Family Room") always has a King bed and a pullout couch. It's basically a Junior Suite or Studio. There is not a door separating the sleeping area from the living area, but the room is at least 50% larger than a regular room. An added bonus is that the Swan Deluxe Alcoves are located in the corners of the wings extending northward from the main hallway, so there is no need to request a room away from the elevator; you are automatically far from the elevator!

I believe the Dolphin has Deluxe Alcoves with two beds, in addition to ones with a King bed. Not sure if 2 bed alcoves are queen or full.

There is a Deluxe Alcove fan club, as they can be a fantastic value!

Do it with 2 months and another reminder at 3 weeks.

I submitted my room request to the concierge months ago and got a confirmation email. Now that we are within 3 weeks (hooray!) I’d like to send a reminder. What is the best way: (1) reply to the original confirmation email, (2) submit a new request email to the concierge, (3) call the front desk, or (4) call the concierge? Thanks so much!

I can’t believe our trip is finally almost here!

In our experience...at the Dolphin King Alcove suite with connector.

The Alcove has a king bed and a sofa/bed in a large room.

The connector has two double beds (a regular guest room).

A total of two bathrooms, two tvs, two refrigs, and two entry doors....AND you only have to pay 1 daily service fee.

Thanks for the help!

If I understand our confirmation correctly, we have a deluxe alcove room booked with a connecting resort view. Both rooms are indicated on the reservation as having two doubles.

Attachments

• Alcove.jpg
    Alcove.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 17
In our experience...at the Dolphin King Alcove suite with connector.

The Alcove has a king bed and a sofa/bed in a large room.

The connector has two double beds (a regular guest room).

A total of two bathrooms, two tvs, two refrigs, and two entry doors....AND you only have to pay 1 daily service fee.
So you are saying that if a King Alcove is booked connecting to a standard guest room there is only one daily fee? Why is this? We have two standard rooms, connecting, and have to pay two daily fees. What is the difference?

If I understand our confirmation correctly, we have a deluxe alcove room booked with a connecting resort view. Both rooms are indicated on the reservation as having two doubles.
Are you 100% guaranteed to have connecting rooms? Did you use SPG points by chance? Curious how many points the king alcove is. Thanks!

Are you 100% guaranteed to have connecting rooms? Did you use SPG points by chance? Curious how many points the king alcove is. Thanks!

I'm not sure but I'm certainly going to be upset if they're not connecting. They were sold to us as "one room" - a deluxe alcove with connecting room. It's one nightly rate for both rooms. Paying cash so can't help you on the question of points, unfortunately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter