Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

We still have our trip for April scheduled. My wife says to cancel but I can cancel up to the day before and get all our money back.

Pretty much everyone in our house is sick, including my elderly parents that visited us last weekend. My wife went to urgent care and my son went to his primary MD (who is a friend of mine) and everything was negative. Was diagnosed with a "virus". Is it coronavirus? We've been told no but how does anyone know at this point?

We still have our trip for April scheduled. My wife says to cancel but I can cancel up to the day before and get all our money back.

Pretty much everyone in our house is sick, including my elderly parents that visited us last weekend. My wife went to urgent care and my son went to his primary MD (who is a friend of mine) and everything was negative. Was diagnosed with a "virus". Is it coronavirus? We've been told no but how does anyone know at this point?
I agree I wouldn't cancel April yet especially with that cancellation policy.

Hope you all feel better soon!

Just got back yesterday afternoon from a short stay at the Swan (3/12 to 3/15 -- planned waaaaay before COVID showed up, there for the Disney wedding showcase).

I tried searching this thread but couldn't find if this has already been posted, so my apologies if this is old news:
the resort service fee no longer includes the 2 bottled waters refreshed daily, though we did have the usual 4 in the room to start off (2 in the mini-fridge already, 2 placed in the coffee/tea tray). The 2 outside of the fridge have tags on the water bottles now that say these are complimentary, but additional bottles ordered are $3 each.

Before our previous Swan stay (late 2019), I noticed it was no longer in the resort service package listing, but when I contacted the Swan back then they said it was still part of the resort fee; now, no longer.

Just got back yesterday afternoon from a short stay at the Swan (3/12 to 3/15 -- planned waaaaay before COVID showed up, there for the Disney wedding showcase).

I tried searching this thread but couldn't find if this has already been posted, so my apologies if this is old news:
the resort service fee no longer includes the 2 bottled waters refreshed daily, though we did have the usual 4 in the room to start off (2 in the mini-fridge already, 2 placed in the coffee/tea tray). The 2 outside of the fridge have tags on the water bottles now that say these are complimentary, but additional bottles ordered are $3 each.

Before our previous Swan stay (late 2019), I noticed it was no longer in the resort service package listing, but when I contacted the Swan back then they said it was still part of the resort fee; now, no longer.
Then what exactly are we paying for? This resort fee is really a joke. I get their are other "amenities" that are included but seriously now the water? FL water is gross. The least they can do is include the bottled water daily. Seems like a really cheap way to go. They must be taking their advice from Chapek. Cut everything seems to be the mantra at WDW of late.

See that it's no longer listed in this media fact sheet, either.
http://www.swandolphinmedia.com/facts.html

On the main website, it now shows $35 plus tax, and no water, no health club, no daily scheduled recreational resort and pool activities and no fitness classes. The first 3 bullets refer to Internet access, no loyalty, loyalty and gold loyalty.

And no free telephone. :sad:

New resort fee

7. How much does the mandatory Resort Service Package cost and what does it include?

Resort Service Package is $35 + tax per day and includes:

• In-room wireless internet
  • Loyalty Program guests receive enhanced speed in-room wireless internet.
  • Loyalty Program Gold Status and above guests receive enhanced high-speed in-room wireless internet plus 125 Loyalty Program points per night*.
  • Complimentary S'mores Kit for each night of your stay – during Campfire & S'mores (subject to availability).
  • Complimentary Swan Paddle-boat rentals.
ADDITIONAL VALUE ADDS:

$30 off spa services of $175 or more during each night of your visit.

******************************************************************************************************

Prior resort fee of $30 plus tax:

The resort service fee at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort is $30 +tax. The service fee includes:

• Unlimited access to the resort’s health club facilities including 24 hour access to Dolphin Health Club
  • Unlimited domestic, long distance, and local calls
  • 2 bottles of water refreshed daily
  • In-room enhanced high speed wireless internet access
  • Complimentary daily scheduled fitness classes
  • Complimentary daily scheduled recreational resort and pool activities
  • $30 off spa services of $175 or more during each day of your visit at Mandara Spa
  • Complimentary Swan Paddle Boat rentals
  • Complimentary S'mores Fun Kit each day of your stay to be used at our evening Campfire & S'mores event

At least they took off the

https://swandolphin.com/feedback/reserve.html

Last edited:
On the main website, it now shows $35 plus tax, and no water. no health club and no fitness classes. The first 3 bullets refer to Internet access, no loyalty, loyalty and gold loyalty.

And no free telephone. :sad:

New resort fee

7. How much does the mandatory Resort Service Package cost and what does it include?

Resort Service Package is $35 + tax per day and includes:

• In-room wireless internet
  • Loyalty Program guests receive enhanced speed in-room wireless internet.
  • Loyalty Program Gold Status and above guests receive enhanced high-speed in-room wireless internet plus 125 Loyalty Program points per night*.
  • Complimentary S'mores Kit for each night of your stay – during Campfire & S'mores (subject to availability).
  • Complimentary Swan Paddle-boat rentals.
ADDITIONAL VALUE ADDS:

$30 off spa services of $175 or more during each night of your visit.

******************************************************************************************************

Prior resort fee of $30 plus tax included:

The resort service fee at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort is $30 +tax. The service fee includes:

• Unlimited access to the resort’s health club facilities including 24 hour access to Dolphin Health Club
  • Unlimited domestic, long distance, and local calls
  • 2 bottles of water refreshed daily
  • In-room enhanced high speed wireless internet access
  • Complimentary daily scheduled fitness classes
  • Complimentary daily scheduled recreational resort and pool activities
  • $30 off spa services of $175 or more during each day of your visit at Mandara Spa
  • Complimentary Swan Paddle Boat rentals
  • Complimentary S'mores Fun Kit each day of your stay to be used at our evening Campfire & S'mores event

At least they took off the

https://swandolphin.com/feedback/reserve.html
Boy, the graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate for the S'mores must really have increased in cost so much, that they needed to increase the fee and delete half of the resort fee amenities. 😒

Reactions: CJN
Boy, the graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate for the S'mores must really have increased in cost so much, that they needed to increase the fee and delete half of the resort fee amenities. 😒

Yeah, and even at that those marshmallows are “subject to availability.” 😠

According to the Disney Food Blog site, the Dolphin is closing and guests from there transferred to the Swan.

I just called the S/D to confirm and guest services confirmed that. He also said the Swan is staying open, 'until further notice'. I replied to him, "that seems to be the way with everything in the country now, 'until further notice'". He agreed.

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2020...lose-temporarily-during-coronavirus-outbreak/

With the parks closed, all WDW resorts closed, Disney Springs closed, and everything on the Boardwalk closed, why would anyone on a vacation want to stay at the Swan?
If all you want to do is use the pool or lie in the sun, then stay at a Hampton Inn or similar hotel in Orlando for a quarter of the room price at the Swan, plus you get a free breakfast.

With the parks closed, all WDW resorts closed, Disney Springs closed, and everything on the Boardwalk closed, why would anyone on a vacation want to stay at the Swan?
If all you want to do is use the pool or lie in the sun, then stay at a Hampton Inn or similar hotel in Orlando for a quarter of the room price at the Swan, plus you get a free breakfast.
If I was forced to stay in Orlando tonight it would be at the Swan. I could get a room for $71+tax+fee with a gorgeous pool complex, fantastic staff and a heavenly bed.

If I was forced to stay in Orlando tonight it would be at the Swan. I could get a room for $71+tax+fee with a gorgeous pool complex, fantastic staff and a heavenly bed.
That looks like the “Senior” rate. There is a special note about the resort fee.

‘Daily resort fee added to room rate-incl enhanced high-speed Internet in guest room and more. Fee USD 10 plus tax through Mar 31st 2020 and USD 30 plus tax starting Apr 1st 2020.’

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter