Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I appreciate this paragraph,
Sorenson, who is currently battling pancreatic cancer, announced a number of top-level corporate cuts. He and Marriott Executive Chairman Bill Marriott will not receive salaries for 2020 and the rest of the senior executive team is taking a 50 percent pay cut.

Update on my reservation deposit...

Despite the website saying they would charge me a deposit equal to about 4 nights worth, once they actually charged my card, it was only for one night's worth. So it looks like they are charging people the correct deposit regardless of what the website says.

I think I may have figured out why the website might be misreporting the deposit amount. On my reservation, I noticed that, because of slight variations in the nightly rates over the course of our stay, the details of our reservation listed 4 different segments: night 1-2, night 3-5, night 6-7, and night 8-10. So, because of this, it would seem the reservation website saw it as 4 separate reservations instead of just one, and calculated the deposit amount by adding up one night's deposit for each of the segments. Fortunately, it looks like the billing system charges you correctly.

Still, even with the incorrect deposit shown, at no point did it say it would charge us the full balance, so if you're seeing that, I would verify that you've selected the refundable "standard" rate, and not the cheaper "prepaid" rate.

Is anyone else who had to cancel recently not received a refund for their deposit yet? I cancelled back on 3/12 and I still don't see my deposit refunded.

Is anyone else who had to cancel recently not received a refund for their deposit yet? I cancelled back on 3/12 and I still don't see my deposit refunded.
This happened to me last year. At that time, I needed to contact the hotel's accounting department, which then immediately processed the refund. That was after about two weeks of waiting for a refund.

This happened to me last year. At that time, I needed to contact the hotel's accounting department, which then immediately processed the refund. That was after about two weeks of waiting for a refund.
I contacted Marriott and they said it could take 90 days to process a refund. I laughed out loud as that seems ridiculous to me for something as simple as this to take 3 months. Just thought I would throw that out there.

Swan now also closing, along with the Dolphin having closed some days ago, effective today, March 24th.

https://swandolphin.com/importantinfo/index.html

In order to better serve our guests during the temporary closure of Walt Disney World Theme Parks and hotels, the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin will close effective Tuesday, March 24, 2020 at 12:00pm EST through March 31, 2020

We hit the 60 day mark yesterday and the Swan then charged our credit cards the full amount. We booked through the website.

Swan now also closing, along with the Dolphin having closed some days ago, effective today, March 24th.

https://swandolphin.com/importantinfo/index.html

In order to better serve our guests during the temporary closure of Walt Disney World Theme Parks and hotels, the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin will close effective Tuesday, March 24, 2020 at 12:00pm EST through March 31, 2020
Kind of knew this was coming. They could not stay open with only a small number of guests.

In order to better serve our guests during the temporary closure of Walt Disney World Theme Parks and hotels...
I'm glad I wasn't the only one that found this to be a very very odd way announce your closing. I would have said, "For the safety of guests and cast members we are going to be closing our operations until ___."

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that found this to be a very very odd way announce your closing. I would have said, "For the safety of guests and cast members we are going to be closing our operations until ___."
They are probably carefully wording to avoid insinuating any obligation to provide safety. A hotel can’t prevent you catching this virus - it would be poor messaging to suggest it could. Not to mention the liability. $$$$

Just cancelled our Memorial Day reservations. The Swan website said to avoid fees to cancel by March 31st, but the Marriott website says April 30th. Decided to just make a decision and do it now. They said the refund would normally be 6 to 10 business days but may take three weeks because of number of cancellations.

With Disney not accepting hotel reservations until June 1st now, it just wasn't looking good that it would be at full capacity by May 23rd if they are open at all. Plus my aunt flying in from California said she wasn't traveling until they had a vaccine which I totally understand. I am not sure I want to be around that many people anytime soon and I am not even in a high risk category.

This was my daughter's senior family trip though so definitely sad. She's already missed prom and is unsure about her ceremony. 😥

anyone local seen if the cranes are still working at the Cove hotel or has construction stopped. Last picture I have seen they were beginning the 4th floor decks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter