Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Agreed, and well you're not at Disney. But I always felt that the price point and location it was like staying at a Deluxe at a Moderate (or less) price. With the busing and boat situation, and having some aspects closed off that's a bit harder to measure, but dang the prices I've seen make me wish I could go. Hope you have a good stay, thanks for the update so far.

I completely agree with that. We paid $115 a night and that was $60 cheaper then even Pop which we consider the Motel 6 of Disney so we definitely like the price also. After staying at the Yacht Club last year we fell in love with the access to Epcot and Hollywood Studios but hated the price of that luxury so the Swan seems like the best of both worlds. I hope I am right.

Last edited:
I have a different view. I think it’s entirely possible that Disney didn’t raise rates but Swan/Dolphin chose not to renew regardless of the cost because they are trying to save money. Isn’t the Dolphin supposed to be shutting down again soon to save money? If so, they would have less need for transportation anyway and I’m sure it’s way cheaper to rent a few Mears buses with reduced service than paying Disney.

Regardless, the apology is half hearted at best. They explain why they didn’t give us advanced notice, which is understandable (if true that they waited until the contract expired to decide). But they didn’t bother to apologize for actually not telling us when they switched! There is no excuse for not telling those of us who were there when it happened. And has anybody with upcoming reservations been notified of the change or do you have to check the website to even know?
We have an upcoming reservation at the Swan for Christmas week and have not received any notifications. If it weren’t for the dis I would have never known.

Thankfully I kept our reservation at the GDT and I’ll be canceling the Swan and sticking with the GDT reservation. Even though it’s more expensive, the lack of communication from Marriott/Swan has left a really bad taste in my mouth about their customer service.

We have an upcoming reservation at the Swan for Christmas week and have not received any notifications. If it weren’t for the dis I would have never known.

Thankfully I kept our reservation at the GDT and I’ll be canceling the Swan and sticking with the GDT reservation. Even though it’s more expensive, the lack of communication from Marriott/Swan has left a really bad taste in my mouth about their customer service.
I would do the same thing. I was originally going to stay in GDT but the NBA took it during our dates (actually they played the final game while we were there). I switched to a split POP/CBR stay but then thought the prices were too good to pass up on the alcove room at Dolphin. Based on my expectations for a nice hotel and what I experienced at Dolphin, compared to the pics of GDT, I think you will be much happier at GDT.

I always assumed that the Disney perks at the S&D were a "package deal", but it certainly seems the bus service had its own contract. As the cost of using "points" at the S&D has become more significant recently, I am beginning to rethink my April 2021 trip that I have planned. It's not that big of a deal (we always walk or boat to HS and Epcot), but MK is a real issue. Probably breakfast at the Poly or CR to get around it. Another minus in the stay column...

I always assumed that the Disney perks at the S&D were a "package deal", but it certainly seems the bus service had its own contract. As the cost of using "points" at the S&D has become more significant recently, I am beginning to rethink my April 2021 trip that I have planned. It's not that big of a deal (we always walk or boat to HS and Epcot), but MK is a real issue. Probably breakfast at the Poly or CR to get around it. Another minus in the stay column...
As others have mentioned, it's a short walk to catch a Disney bus, either from the Boardwalk or YC/BC, so that you would not have to worry about a Mears bus going to the TTC for MK.

More Swan Reserve photos...
It's starting to grow on me, but after seeing how tall it is it does make me wonder if Disney knew how it would impact the skyline and tower over everything else.

As others have mentioned, it's a short walk to catch a Disney bus, either from the Boardwalk or YC/BC, so that you would not have to worry about a Mears bus going to the TTC for MK.
I wonder if BW/YC/BC might push back on this if the bus service stays this way for long, it would be really difficult but makes you wonder. Reality is those most visitors are not part of groups like this and won't have a clue until they arrive and figure out the bus isn't going to MK but TTC. I do think guest could have a legit complaint since they still show the Disney bus on the front page, though slowly they are editing the website to blur the facts a bit.
Screen Shot 2020-10-24 at 9.10.26 AM.png

I wonder if BW/YC/BC might push back on this if the bus service stays this way for long, it would be really difficult but makes you wonder. Reality is those most visitors are not part of groups like this and won't have a clue until they arrive and figure out the bus isn't going to MK but TTC. I do think guest could have a legit complaint since they still show the Disney bus on the front page, though slowly they are editing the website to blur the facts a bit.
View attachment 534429

I've had the same thoughts. We have a 2021 trip booked, but the transportation to MK vs TTC will be a deal breaker. For now, I'm hoping they'll reinstate the Disney busses before our trip, or worst case I'll be able to use the BW transportation. If neither of these are possibilities for our trip, we will change resorts.

So next October's trip is booked. Sept 30-Oct 2 at the Contemporary in the tower. Oct 2-Oct 7 at the Dolphin. We typically rent a car anyway. And if we decide we have to go to the MK we can walk to either the Boardwalk or Yacht Club. Or book a meal at the Contemporary, which is good too.

I would do the same thing. I was originally going to stay in GDT but the NBA took it during our dates (actually they played the final game while we were there). I switched to a split POP/CBR stay but then thought the prices were too good to pass up on the alcove room at Dolphin. Based on my expectations for a nice hotel and what I experienced at Dolphin, compared to the pics of GDT, I think you will be much happier at GDT.

We were going to do a split stay between Coronado (non tower) and Swan for our upcoming honeymoon, but I psyched myself out too much and so we have decided to switch the whole trip to Coronado and saved a couple hundred dollars. Part of me really regrets not getting to try the Swan and stay by the lake, but the other part was just too anxious about some of the reports I'd read recently and with the changes to the bus, etc. Plus we really want to feel like we're in the Disney bubble...I just feel like if something is wrong, I trust them to make it right, based on my limited experience in the past. Hopefully we can check out Swan on another trip when things are more "normal" and maybe original services and staff restored.

Just returned from a 4 night stay. First time at Dolphin. Have a first time Swan reservation already booked for a week in December. Reasoning i booked these over others was price vs other epcot hotels and curiosity.

Nice things: balcony, clean room, comfortable bed, quiet room, restaurant selection, lobby area was pleasing on the eyes. Walking distance to both Epcot and HS.

Not so nice: majority of hand sanitizer stations were empty near elevators. 1 or 2 of them were knocked down off the wall. Loss of disney busses (we walked to YC to catch one).

Overall, price is hard to beat. We had a AAA rate for a King Bed with Balcony, 4 night stay, about $920 after all fees and tax which was much cheaper than other Epcot resorts. However, I was much more impressed with Royal Pacific at Universal Studios when it comes to Covid things.

Tbh, I've been more impressed with the the overall hand sanitizer use at universal vs all of disney thus far after 2 fall trips (overwhelming abundance of them at Universal/Loews vs Disney/Swan/Dolphin)

Hopefully folks who have recently stayed there are complaining about the busses. Seems like the new GM needs to hear from Disney fans.
The GM position posted on a jobs site the end of January-March 2020. This is the section on the site which describes job responsibilities relating to:

Customer and Public Relations Management
Interacts with guests and other customers on a frequent basis to obtain feedback about their experiences on property; utilizes guest/customer feedback to recognize outstanding employee service performance and improve service delivery; emphasizes and holds leadership team accountable for addressing service failures or potential service failures, and for developing innovative ways to exceed guest expectations; establishes presence in the market by actively promoting an exemplary property/brand image, involving oneself in the local community, and by developing strategic alliances with local officials, businesses, and customers; anticipates needs of large groups or high profile guests in order to deliver flawless service; verifies that products, services, and events attain the appropriate publicity (“PR buzz”).

Is the bus switch a contract between the resort and Disney or because of lay off Disney no longer has the man power to staff the additional buses?

@Rich M - I don't know if anyone outside of Disney & S/D knows for sure what the cause of the change is. Could be not enough drivers or Disney raised the prices. It does seem odd they are starting the Friendship Boats Nov 1, so maybe boats are cheaper then buses or who knows.

@Rich M - I don't know if anyone outside of Disney & S/D knows for sure what the cause of the change is. Could be not enough drivers or Disney raised the prices. It does seem odd they are starting the Friendship Boats Nov 1, so maybe boats are cheaper then buses or who knows.

nice to hear about the boats. Too bad I miss them by one day. But I will tell you I just came back from a walk around the lake and it is a great walk. So relaxing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter