Warning-holiday Inn Oceanfront Resort At Cocoa Beach!!

Katie

DIS Veteran
DON'T GO THERE..FOR MORE INFORMATION EMAIL ME AT CLREED@FGI.NET

IT WAS DIRTY, MISMANAGED, THE POOL IS AT THE FRONT OF THE PROPERTY VERY FAR AWAY FROM THE BEACH. I WAS TOTALLY MISINFORMED BY THE HOTEL! ONLY ONE BUILDING IS ACTUALLY OCEANFRONT..THE REST ARE PARKING LOT VIEWS!

WE WERE VERY disappointed!

Interesting. I stayed there way back in 1989, and it was very dismal. Smelled terrible, and there was mold on the carpet under the air-conditioner. All in all it seemed dirty, and while the pool was nicely landscaped, I was also very suprised that it was tucked into a kind of courtyard up front. Seems like it hasn't improved any since our visit.

I sent a letter to HOliday inn 2 days ago. Stil no response!

There was mold on the shower curtain, the tub surround, and the floor near the tub! It was gross!

The refrigerator did not cool anything! If you put cold items in the refrigerator it did keep them cool( ie.lunch meat, cold beer), however, we put soda in there and it never got very cold. T

The freezer had not be defrosted since 1950! It was so bad the protective flap that is the "freezer"door was totally broken off because the ice had taken over!

My sister's room had a cochroach walk across her small table! UGH...from them on..we closed all our suitcases, and bags to help prevent the creatures from coming home with us!

The sheets on the bed were just placed there..not tucked in or anything..fitted sheets..HAH...nope, just a flat sheet over the mattress! YUK!

Sand from the beach was everywhere! Espeically in the tub( idoubt it was even cleaned before we came in..because this sand was obviously not from us on the first day!!)

like i said..NEVER NEVER again!

i was the above poster's thread starter on that thread. I realize I was warned about it..however, I did not think It could be that bad.

I was wrong! so, I am just trying to second warn people!!!

It was that BAD

Katie,

Thanks for the update. I had also heard really bad things about this hotel from other sources as well. I hope Holiday Inn comes through for you.

I cannot say enough BAD about this hotel. We almost stayed there in November of last year (2000). It was awful. When we pulled in the parking lot there were a bunch of cats right by our entrance to go up to our room. There were a bunch of cans back there that someone from the restaurant there was feeding them. We got to the room, and oh -my- gosh- what a dump it was. Dirty, cracked ceilings and walls, the beach in front of the place was even really dirty. We went down to the Hilton, and stayed there. I called Priceline and pitched my big complaint to them, I emailed them, called again, and finally they gave me a refund ( one night at I think it was right around $31.00 or so- I can't remember- it was a terrible experience I would rather forget!!!!!). Anyway, I did get the full refund, and I forgot to mention I went to the front desk while I was there and complained heavy to them also, but no big deal to them. They offered me free breakfast that next morning.....I told them they can keep there stupid breakfast, if their rooms look this awful why would I want to EAT in there restaurant!!?? Anyway, sorry this is so long, I had to say my 2 cents worth!! Thanks

Imagine my disgust paying 105.00 a nite! After just leaving HIFS at 99.00 a nite!

By the Way,..the cats are still there in full force!!!!!!!

I did think the beach was clean and nice however..maybe the city or hotel actually cleaned it up!

The only weird thing was next to the showers to wash your feet off after leaving the beach area was tar removal soap . There was a sign to please use the soap as to not tract in the tar from the beach into their hotel property!

I did not see any tar during our visit! Does anybody know what that was about??

Years ago when we would go to Pompano Beach as kids tar would sometimes wash into shore from the ships...kinda gross but it's basically just like the stuff off the street only much softer and thinner on your skin.Never stopped us from having a great time in the waves! Sorry you had such an awful stay,,,glad to hear at least the beach was enjoyable.

I made ressies there for 5days @ 50 a nite in aug entertainment rate should I cancel? I can also get e-rates @ the Hilton or resort on Cocoa beach or royal mansions @ Cape Canaveral which of these is ok/ any ideas TIA

50.00 a nite...probably okay..but don't expect anything grand.

Our room was a kidsuite( HA HA HA), basically an oversized room with some partical board petitioning off part of the room with bunk beds and a small bed in it!

That wasn't the bad part...the bad part was the mold on the shower curtain, around the tub surround, on the wall near the toilets. And the dirty tub on our arrival..(Can you say YUK).

The refrigerator kept things cold if they were cold when you put them in there, but if you put hot cans of pop in there..they never really got cold! The freezer hadn't been defrosted since the war...( and I am talking WW2, not the Gulf War). The ice had overtaken the freezer, popped the freezer door off..leaving hardly any room to actually put anything in the freezer( we did squeeze some of that tube yogart in it..my son likes it frozen; however,it never did freeze it!)

My sister found a cockroach in her room.

The pool is nice and big and a nice area for the kids to play..Only one building is actually waterfront...so be specific when you make your ressies.

Good Luck,

by the way, Holiday Inn Corporate did write me a nice letter of apology and credited my discover 115.95( the cost of one night with tax).

I advise you to go to the HIlton just down the road. It is really nice there. The pool was closed at the Holiday Inn when we were there. Closed for remodeling. My kids were bummed out. We went to Ron Jons and I was asking the girl working in there where we should go stay at and I was telling her about our awful room at the Holiday. She saiod she used to work there and she was glad to hear the pool was finally closed because the light in the pool had bare wires exposed and she was always waiting for something to happen-like someone getting electricuted or something. And when we went to the Hilton the bellhop said they get people in there quite often who started out at the Holiday but was so grossed out they came down to the Hilton.

That is really funny..because we went down to the HIlton and they were full...but we would have been "one of those people!"

LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter