Was Disney expecting Elena Of Avalor to become a hit on TV for Disney Junior?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
Based on how successful Sofia The First was it seemed logical that Craig Gerber would go on to create Elena Of Avalor and I never knew that it would be a hit for Disney Junior and I always thought Disney was gonna make an Elena Of Avalor movie in theaters before making the cartoon series. When I saw Elena Of Avalor I knew that Disney Junior had a hit. But what I think happened that made Elena Of Avalor so successful was that they had big celebrity talent in the second and third seasons do character voices. But I do wish Elena Of Avalor would've had a movie released in theaters and regain more popularity than the other princesses

From the moment Elena Of Avalor was announced on Disney Junior I was really excited to see how this series would turn out. And when the first episodes debuted on Disney Junior I was thrilled and I knew that Disney Junior had a hit on their hands. I would have to say that Craig Gerber really knew what to expect with Elena Of Avalor because little did we know that it would be a hit. Even with merchandise and the debut of Elena herself at Disney Parks helped promote the show a lot and gained a huge fanbase. But as I mentioned in my opening post Elena Of Avalor should've had a theatrical movie release in theaters first before the Elena Of Avalor show debuted on Disney Junior because Disney could've done a whole lot more promotion of the show

I can't figure out why Disney never made an Elena Of Avalor movie for theaters? Because the way I see it an Elena Of Avalor theatrical movie would've worked wonders for Disney. But I think why Disney chose Elena Of Avalor to become Disney's TV show princess was to see how successful the show would become on TV. But another thing that always annoyed me about Elena Of Avalor is why they put her with the Disney Junior characters when she should've been with Disney Channel and when the Elena Of Avalor meet and greet debuted at Walt Disney World as well as Disneyland Cinderella would always be with her and what did Cinderella had to do with Elena Of Avalor? Trying to promote Elena in Royal Fairytale Hall as well as Fantasy Faire in Disneyland? But I truly think Elena Of Avalor is Disney's forgotten princess and they should've added to the Disney Princess line when her series debuted on TV

I think that Elena was a decent hit for them, however Disney Jr. shows usually have a pretty short shelf life. The kids who are into it age out and move on, so they cycle the shows quickly. Elena had a large merch push though and I think was pretty popular in general.

I think what would work for Disney would be a live-action Elena Of Avalor movie and if it were to be successful for Disney if they ever made it we could see an Elena Of Avalor reboot also in live-action. With Disney focusing on live-action movies so much Elena Of Avalor would be great to see a live-action show or movie of

Disney and Girl Scouts even created a partnership around Elena of Avalor. They had a program guide for Daisies-Juniors, and had a national contest to feature in a contest 'Lead Like Elana'. A picture of our oldest daughter made it into the commercial. My daughter is shown 20-21 seconds in (09 seconds reminaing).
Sadly, the Scepter of Light Award was only offered that one year. We inquired about it and no one at multiple GS council or National seemed to know what it was. Guess it was for promotional purposes only. :confused3:confused::rolleyes2

GS Programming Brochure https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/disney-channel-and-girl-scouts-of-the-usa-inspire-girls-to-lead/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter