Water bottels?

I'm not sure, but I think it's wet.:jester:

:bounce:

It must be liquid gold 'cause it cost $2.50 a bottle! I carry my own water bottle and keep refilling it.

I have heard so much about the smell and taste of the Florida water, but I have been to the parks 7 times in the last several years and never experienced this.

We always bring a six pack of water and refill them in the fountains in the parks without a problem.

Anyone else not have a problem with Florida water?

Sam

When I was at WDW in 99 the smell of the water drove me crazy. I couldn't drink it and I could barely drink coffee made with it. We had been home for several months and I pulled a shirt out of a drawer that appearently didn't get washed when we returned home and I instantly smelled the water!

I'd be thrilled to not notice it!

PlutosMyFav

Hi Everyone! Wanted to let you know I found an on line source to buy the water filter bottles. The usual stores to check here (Walmart, Target, etc.) don't seem to have the Rubbermaid brand, only Brita.

http://www.innovapurewater.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/

These may be the same as the Rubbermaid bottles. Does anyone know?

I've been watching the boards for awhile. This is my first post. Everyone seems so friendly and helpful. You guys know just about everything about Disney!

My trip with DH is the first week of Nov, staying at the Poly. Can't wait! It has been eight long years since our last visit. We were at POFQ and loved it.

:earsgirl:

I honestly didn't smell or taste anything bad about the water. I did however get some sort of bladder thing, but I think it was because I wasn't drinking enough water. I was going to get some bottled water on our "grocery stop" but have changed my mind. I'm just going to bring the same big water bottle and refill it like last year....I'm going to drink more.

I had trouble finding the Brita sports bottles locally before our October trip - fortunately the Publix we stopped at before getting the WDW had one. We want to get a second one before our December trip so today I checked the Brita site for "where to buy" - it seems Target & Walmart dont sell these any more (on the websites, and not at my local stores anyway). Drugstore.com has the bottles fo 7.99 and two replacement filters for 6.99 (we used on bottle all week for 2 people and have yet to replace the filter, so they last a good while IMO).

We are both pretty picky about our water and were pleasantly surprised by the taste of the water from this sports bottle. And we still talk about how much money it has saved us!

I've found that it was more the smell that bothered me ... I tried making tea and boiling the water didn't do much. At $2.50 a bottle, I'm bringing some of my own bottles on the next trip.

I checked at Walmart for the Rubbermaid ones and they don't carry them anymore. Maybe they don't even make them anymore - I wasn't able to find them anywhere. I did get the Brita for 6.99 at my local grocery store.

I am thinking they are closing out the brita bottles....I recently picked up 8 of them for
$2 a piece and the filters for .50cents a box....
I am set for several more vacations and after using one of them this last trip in August to Florida, I am really happy I bought as many as I did...You really need to have a bottle for water with a filter on it of some kind...We just refilled it in the park during the day and had no trouble getting ice for it in the parks...The CM were great about that....

The water did not bother me. BUT I wanted COLD water, so I brought empty gastorade single serve bottles, 20 oz (with a wide mouth) and filled with ice cubes from the hotel ice machine. We had a stroller, so it was no big deal to put 5-6 of these in a small softside cooler, plus we each carried one or two. We also refilled the empty ones at midday when we stopped for counter service lunch. I just asked for 5 cups of ice...
I am glad we did it this way because we really went through the water last May (95 degrees) but we kept very hydrated with icy water. I just would not want to save money by bringing my own water just to have to drink it warm-ish.
I packed the empty bottles in our luggage, and did not bring them back with us.

I bought my Brita bottles at Kohl's department store for $4 each. I was wondering how you carry the things around the park. I'm hoping not to take a backpack. Any ideas for some kind of water bottle holder or something?

Disney sells water bottle holders that fit around the top of the bottle, like a lasso.

You can buy fanny packs with a water bottle holder, or a holder with a strap (like a purse)

Last time I was there they sold water bottled by Zephyrhills.

We call the Florida water swamp water, it tastes soooo yucky!! I think the water they sell in the parks is called Zephyrhills, unless they have changed it in the last few months. We usually carry water in with us because the water in the parks is very expensive.

I GOT the Brita bottle (it was around 10 bucks where I am) and the thing just fell apart! We wound up using our free plastic Epcot cup with the top and straw--you know the ones they give kids at the restaurants?

We'd just fill it up with ice at the hotel, then use it in the parks with water. The thing about the Florida water is that it's WARM water. What's that about? We used lots of ice whenever we had the chance. I tucked the cup into the strap of my waist pouch, and it worked out very well for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter