• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Watson's Very Merry 24 nighter TR. Day 12 Disney Springs

RobynPrincess

Looking around
Day 12

We woke up with our alarm at 9am this morning, we were off shopping with Louis today at 10 so we needed to get a move on. We got dressed and as Sy was ready first he headed up to the lounge to get some breakfast, I followed about 5 minutes later but realised I had gone without my magic band so I was locked out of the room and the club lounge - grr! I pulled out my mobile to text Sy to come get me and I see this message...

OH MY FREAKIN' GOD!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhh! I called, I text and he was IGNORING me! Those seconds felt like the longest in my life! After what felt like forever he came to let me in the club lounge gate.

Neil Patrick Harris was still in there having some food so of course I didn't go over like a little fan girl (don't ask me how I managed to hold myself back). We got some food and sat down at a table, it was then that Sy tells me he's already spoken to him! WHAAAT?! The conversation went like this...

Sy: are you mr Neil Patrick Harris?

Neil Patrick Harris: yes I am, are you having a good trip?

Sy: yes we are thanks, we are coming to see you doing the candlelight processional, have a great trip.

Neil Patrick Harris: have a great trip to you.

Gah!! How did I miss this?? Omg!

I took a sneaky picture of him, but I wouldn't bother him cause he was enjoying breakfast in peace, I was waiting for him to finish but then his husband and kids came and I didn't want to disturb family time so I didn't go over, but I was totally gutted I didn't get a picture with him.

I went to grab a drink at one point and overheard 2 CM's saying to one another has no one realised, I stopped and said I had haha, but I didn't want to disturb him. Literally though, not one person went up to him or bothered him which I thought was kinda nice. He went round the parks while he was there so i know he got asked for pictures all the time but least he was able to escape it in the lounge.

With all the hanging around we were doing we were actually a little bit late to go pick up Louis, I did text him to let him know why and he totally understood ;)

We picked up louis and he took us over to the cast member shop, I was sooo excited to go there.

Tbh most of the stuff they were selling was the same stuff in the Disney store in the outlet, apart from the pre loved stuff from the parks and resorts, that was so cool to look around! Some of the stuff was from the old boardwalk rooms while it's going through its refurb. Here are a few pics.

http://s1313.photobucket.com/user/watson_disney/media/Orlando%2015%20part%202/011FCA52-902A-4A0B-A32E-A0D39B87E9EF_zpswi6vknbq.jpg.html][/URL]

http://s1313.photobucket.com/user/watson_disney/media/Orlando%2015%20part%202/C182B674-E962-4E07-95AD-1B0733B1562E_zpsuebpddmy.jpg.html][/URL]

http://s1313.photobucket.com/user/watson_disney/media/Orlando%2015%20part%202/165F3438-A80C-411F-97CE-D4D329A3C874_zpszpubmh0c.jpg.html][/URL]

Sy bought a DVC vynalmation and I got a scarf. We then headed to Disney springs where I pretty much killed our spending money ;) hahaha

Sy bought me this little beauty

I didn't know they did this but at about 2pm cast members came out with a book for story time with the kids, omg it was so cool! They were really animated with the children and they were doing all the actions and voices, I'd love that job! Totally should check it out if you have little ones and you're in Disney springs over lunchtime.

We decided to head into Wolfgang puck express for a late lunch at about 3pm. It was yummy :) while we were sat in there I checked the plans for tonight and then realised we had an ADR in morimoto at 7:30pm, oops! We asked Louis if he wanted to join us as he said it's somewhere he fancied and he said yes :)

The boys went for the meatloaf sandwich.

I had a cheese pizza (it was quite burnt on the bottom but it was still good)

We headed back to the car and dropped Louis back home and then made our way to AKL. We chatted to the CL CM's for a bit and then dropped our many many bags back to the room. I facetimed Jane for a bit while Sy was in the shower and then I hopped in the shower as well. We got ready to go out and swung by the lounge on the way, just to see what apps they had on offer of course ;) turns out it was my favourite - Durban chicken! Well of course we couldn't miss that so we picked up one each and quickly hoovered it down ;) then made our way to the car and picked up Louis.

We were soon parking up again in Disney springs. We were just on time for our ADR at Morimoto, we asked if it would be OK to add an extra person to our reservation and it was no bother, we were seated right away.

The place is stunning, there's no denying it. Wow wow wow.

http://s1313.photobucket.com/user/watson_disney/media/Orlando%2015%20part%202/3433ABF4-457C-40FC-81D5-379EB0ED03D9_zps6anqevad.jpg.html][/URL]

http://s1313.photobucket.com/user/watson_disney/media/Orlando%2015%20part%202/B0B1AB6A-11D6-4516-BB09-8ADDBDB602C9_zpsosx6yq3z.jpg.html][/URL]

Sadly the food didn't match up to the surrounding. Don't get me wrong, it was nice enough but it was VERY expensive for mediocre Chinese food. I have a theory as to why that might be, in the uk we have pretty good Chinese food, in America it's pretty rubbish so this seems amazing in comparison. Morimoto was similar standard of food that we get in the uk but at 3 or 4 times the price. The duck for example is a staple on a uk Chinese menu, you pretty much won't find a Chinese that doesn't do it. We also found the service was a bit lacklustre but maybe our waiter was having an off day. So in summary of you're from the uk I'd skip this one unless you're desperate for real Chinese (in future we will just wait till we get home). Mind you, maybe we will try their street food on one of our next trips?

I got some chicken steamed buns. They had little flavour sadly.

The boys got some of the pork buns which they said were nicer.

Sy got steak in black bean. Order separately for rice. Yikes. It was a large portion though.

We paid the bill and headed back outside. Louis was in the mood for a milkshake so we headed to Ghiardelli, Sy and I passed as we were full. We had another browse in the shops but it was pretty busy in Disney springs tonight so we didn't look for too long. We wandered back towards the car but took a quick detour so the boys could go into D-Street and get their geek on hehehe. I snapped a pic of one of the shop windows, I really loved the way it was decked out all retro.

We then made it back to the car by 10:30pm. We dropped Louis back home and headed home ourselves to AKL.

We were pretty tired after all that shopping today, we were in bed by midnight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter