• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Watson's Very Merry 24 nighter TR. Day 14 - Florida Mall & Candlelight processional

RobynPrincess

Looking around
Day 14

Woke up quite early but I hadn't slept too well due to someone's snoring... I wonder who that could be... We finally got up and got dressed at 8:45. Breakfast was a quick stop by the lounge, I got my trusty croissants (yes plural - I had 2 - but in my defence they were tiny) and some fruit, Sy went for oatmeal with sultanas and fruit. I think we were both trying to kid ourselves that it was healthy if we had a bit of fruit haha.

We hopped in the car at about 10:30 and made our way to the Florida mall for yet more shopping! I dunno what came over us this trip, we shopped till we dropped which isn't really like us.

Car Selfie

We were going to the mall cause I wanted to visit hot topic, I wanted to look at their Disney things also my parents foster daughter really likes it so I wanted to buy her some Christmas presents in there :) I also wanted to swing by bath and body works to pick up a few things for me and for a girl back home who had picked me up something for Sy for Christmas so I was returning the favour. We took a trip into the Disney store and got a couple of bits inc a tshirt for Sy and some princess dolls for my niece. We had a mooch around the rest of the mall but didn't buy too much. The malls been done up a fair bit since the last time we were here, the new food court was very swish, it was a shame we weren't hungry when we passed it.

How cute are these shoes from Hot Topic?

We went to leave shortly after lunchtime but just as we were walking out it poured down with rain, dammit! We hung back in the mall for 10 mins waiting for it to pass and once it eased off we made a run for it. We started the drive back to the hotel, as we neared international drive we realised we were close to Popeye's so we thought it would be rude not pop in for a visit. I love their chicken! And the yummy biscuits.

We sat in to eat as it was a bit far to take it back to the hotel. The food was yummy as always. Weirdly I was asked if I wanted my chicken spicy or plain, in all the times I've been there I've never been asked that before. I asked the girl if that was a new thing and she said no! She said they probably took one look at me and gave me the plain - how rude! Hahaha I like a bit of heat I'll have you know ;) but in the end I actually did go for the plain as its all I'd ever had before and I was scared I wouldn't like the spicy as much. I'll be brave and try something else next time, honest.

I had chicken tenders and Sy had his old faithful shrimp po'boy (no pics of Sy's food)

We then headed back to AKL for a nap. We called home quick and then lay down when there was a knock on the door. Sy went to the door and we were greeted with this...

http://s1313.photobucket.com/user/watson_disney/media/Orlando%2015%20part%202/D065D458-9DFB-41A0-AFBE-CB339776BB2F_zpsyk87sofh.jpg.html][/URL]

How amazing! We didn't know who they were from or what reason but we were really excited. Later on we spotted a little letter on the floor which had obviously been slipped under the door earlier but we had missed it. It was from Brian.

Yesterday was Brian's birthday so we took him a little something and this was his way of saying thank you! CM's like Brian are what makes Disney so special. I made sure to stop by the front desk when we checked out to let them know what a special guy he was <3

We went to try and find Brian but it seem like he might have been on break, we didn't want to ask as we didn't want to bother him while he was resting. We did find Andrea though and told her about the amazing surprise from him and she passed on how touched we were <3 we ended up chatting to her for about half an hour before heading out (sans nap lol) to Epcot.

We parked up at 5:30 and headed straight in and towards world showcase. We did have a coral reef candlelight processional dinner booked for today but when I was taken poorly a few days before we decided to cancel it, it's a lot of money to pay when I likely couldn't eat much and might not have been well enough. Neil Patrick Harris was the guest narrator and I reallllllly wanted to see him so we were going to queue up and see if we could get in. We got in the longest queue ever, it started moving as they filled the theatre for the 6:30pm showing. We got nearish the front when the theatre was full and then waited there for the 8:15 showing. I know, we were dedicated! Sy got mighty annoyed with the group in front of us, they kept having people join them in the queue, like they started off as 4 people and then another group of adults joined them about half hour before the last showing and then a load more joined them, it wouldn't be so bad but we heard them all introducing themselves to each other so not like they were even travelling together! But when we were finally let into the theatre they were taken to one side and made to wait there till the rest of the line went in. Sy and I were taken right to the front as there were only 2 of us, we were right by all of the dining packages so I was glad we saved the money and made the wait instead.

Taken in the queue

http://s1313.photobucket.com/user/watson_disney/media/Orlando%2015%20part%202/F6813339-704F-4F03-9013-F11BCDDD43D9_zpsplk0v1fm.jpg.html][/URL]

http://s1313.photobucket.com/user/watson_disney/media/Orlando%2015%20part%202/459A8DF5-B777-4514-8894-93B4B1B1E572_zpsbn5qgnen.jpg.html][/URL]

A lovely CM saw us trying to get a selfie and offered to take a picture of us both.

She then took a pic of us all together!

http://s1313.photobucket.com/user/watson_disney/media/Orlando%2015%20part%202/239B80DB-A0C4-4CAF-B95B-E5EF3B532FD9_zpsfyvujsum.jpg.html][/URL]

Waiting for the show to start.

The show was amazing, really special. I'm not hugely religious so I wasn't sure what I was going to get out of this show (apart from seeing nph of course) but the singing and music was so special, I had goosebumps constantly! I took a couple of videos and periscoped it a lot for those at home to watch. Nph was so gracious to Disney for having him and his family, he told a couple of little anecdotes about the trip he was having - he certainly does love Disney! He can be one of us ;-)

http://s1313.photobucket.com/user/watson_disney/media/Orlando%2015%20part%202/282498FA-70C5-4474-A4A7-D1B2C30E2093_zpsatsl7lf4.jpg.html][/URL]

The lady in black n the right there signed the show. She was really special! Was hard not to watch her.

Afterwards we headed out of the park, we decided to head out before the fireworks so we could actually get out, it was really packed round world showcase.

The fireworks going off as we reached the car park.

We were hungry on the way out so we decided to swing by Wendy's and grab a take out to take back to our room.

We had a little friend outside having a lay down.

We were in bed by 11:30pm

We loved the CP when we did it as well. We sat sat right in front of the signing lady.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter